News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Letterman's top 10 reasons to vote Democratic.

Started by laidback, October 28, 2014, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laidback

#10.  I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I  want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.

#9.  I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn't.

#8.  I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

#7.  I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

#6.  I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.  I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that gets police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

#5.  I vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.

#4.  I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away Social Security from those who paid into                it.

#3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make  profits for themselves.  They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.

#2.  I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

... And, the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to pay  $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, or fish here in America.  We don't care about the beetles, gophers, or fish in those other countries.
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

diesel

Quote from: laidback on October 28, 2014, 10:38:03 AM

... And, the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to pay  $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, or fish here in America.  We don't care about the beetles, gophers, or fish in those other countries.

You don't REALLY think that's why we suck up oil from other countries instead of using ours, do you? Oil is a finite resource.......WHEN it runs out in those countries, we'll still have ours!!

laidback

Quote from: diesel on October 28, 2014, 10:46:46 AM
You don't REALLY think that's why we suck up oil from other countries instead of using ours, do you? Oil is a finite resource.......WHEN it runs out in those countries, we'll still have ours!!

Of course you're right, but it's not as funny. :)
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

bigfan

Quote from: diesel on October 28, 2014, 10:46:46 AM

That old ooze theory...There could have not possibly been that many dinosaurs!  The deep water wells have proved the earth does continue make its own too.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

diesel

Quote from: bigfan on October 28, 2014, 11:19:08 AM
That old ooze theory...There could have not possibly been that many dinosaurs!  The deep water wells have proved the earth does continue make its own too.

Over centuries, yes......I seriously doubt the Earth can replenish at anywhere near the rate we've been pumping it out.....

Coach Scudder

So the idea that oil is a finite material is a fallacy continually used to misinform an uninformed population?  Wow D, and here I always thought you argued on the side of the Greenies!!!   ;) ;)

diesel

Quote from: Coach Scudder on October 28, 2014, 12:10:05 PM
So the idea that oil is a finite material is a fallacy continually used to misinform an uninformed population?  Wow D, and here I always thought you argued on the side of the Greenies!!!   ;) ;)

Call it a fallacy if you want......the Earth will use our bones to "replenish" itself with oil........and humans will be long gone by then.....

izne1home

Coach Scudder

Coach Scudder

Quote from: diesel on October 28, 2014, 12:13:58 PM
Call it a fallacy if you want......the Earth will use our bones to "replenish" itself with oil........and humans will be long gone by then.....

Still a fallacy.

diesel

Quote from: Coach Scudder on October 28, 2014, 12:30:48 PM
Still a fallacy.

How is it a fallacy? Is it possible for the Earth to make oil? Yes. Is it also possible for humans to use up the EXISTING supply of oil currently buried beneath the Earth? YES!!

Coach Scudder

Quote from: diesel on October 28, 2014, 01:06:59 PM
How is it a fallacy? Is it possible for the Earth to make oil? Yes. Is it also possible for humans to use up the EXISTING supply of oil currently buried beneath the Earth? YES!!

There is the Diesel I expected. 

My point was simply that oil is a naturally occurring product produced by the Earth.  Are we using it faster that the Earth is making it?  Yes.  However, the idea that it is a finite material is a fallacy perpetuated by greenies/politicians for their purpose.

How about this one?  Lets all drive electric cars because they are so much better for the Earth.  One problem, how is most electricity produced?  Answer, by burning coal.  Therefore, electric cars are mostly powered by evil COAL!!!!

diesel

Quote from: Coach Scudder on October 28, 2014, 02:50:02 PM
There is the Diesel I expected. 

My point was simply that oil is a naturally occurring product produced by the Earth.  Are we using it faster that the Earth is making it?  Yes.  However, the idea that it is a finite material is a fallacy perpetuated by greenies/politicians for their purpose.

How about this one?  Lets all drive electric cars because they are so much better for the Earth.  One problem, how is most electricity produced?  Answer, by burning coal.  Therefore, electric cars are mostly powered by evil COAL!!!!

I would hope that you understand that electric cars are a stepping stone to better, more efficient, vehicles that don't depend on fossil fuels.

Coach Scudder

Quote from: diesel on October 28, 2014, 02:54:59 PM
I would hope that you understand that electric cars are a stepping stone to better, more efficient, vehicles that don't depend on fossil fuels.

I have no problem with better, more efficient vehicles, fossil fuel or otherwise. (Nuclear Power comes to mind) The problem I have is with half truths, deceitful information, and out and out lies to promote a certain view point/political opinion.  If a product is beneficial, let it compete in an open market on its own merit, without government subsidies or support.  Consumers are smart enough to figure out what is best for them.

OxidizedSilver

Quote from: Coach Scudder on October 28, 2014, 03:02:51 PM
I have no problem with better, more efficient vehicles, fossil fuel or otherwise. (Nuclear Power comes to mind) The problem I have is with half truths, deceitful information, and out and out lies to promote a certain view point/political opinion.  If a product is beneficial, let it compete in an open market on its own merit, without government subsidies or support.  Consumers are smart enough to figure out what is best for them.

I agree with ya Coach Scudder from Porterville. Come on up to Ridge Creek Golf Course and have a bier with us on Friday afternoons from 2:30 PM to 5 PM.
Jack Worthington

Coach Scudder

Quote from: OxidizedSilver on October 28, 2014, 04:47:08 PM
I agree with ya Coach Scudder from Porterville. Come on up to Ridge Creek Golf Course and have a bier with us on Friday afternoons from 2:30 PM to 5 PM.

Thanks, but the beer will have to wait till after football season, kinda busy friday afternoons right now.

OriginalCVFan

Coach S - ALthough i agree with you in theory, the reality is......   Our current GOOBERMINT and Social Re-Engineering Project Heads have actually made such a vast majority of the population totally or partially DEPENDENT on so many things, that the normal consumer is actually NOT smart enough to figure that out anymore. (heck, just reference most democratic supporter points of view)  Thats why the Consumer continues to allow their GOOBERMINT and social re-engineering mucketymucks to make their decisions for them.     

Hell, no more supersize drink cups in NY, that kind of about says it all.
]

Just_A_Fan

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's a better mouse trap people will buy it...if not it should die like any other product....electric cars are a feel good item pushed by feel goodies in gooberment and the left....practical and green they are not....that's why they have failed when they actually have to compete....

Just_A_Fan