News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Clovis West 2010 do they have the right stuff?

Started by All Knowing, February 16, 2010, 09:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Knowing

It looks like CW has all the right stuff to be the team to beat this year---, hitting, defence, speed. The only question is who will be the pitcher to step up and be the go to guy    
Learn from the Masters

SCOUT

CW- has a solid team, only question is the mound....  If karch can control the strike zone hes difficult to handle. good offensive lineup returning.. kortoff, buss, alvarez, karch..

BHS- young but tom donalds teams always show up.. they are probably the one team that has the pitching to b dangerous.

Cen- my pick to click... VERY DANGEROUS TEAM!! well coached and has the athletes this year to make a run at it.

CHS- it is what is, the cougars are always tough, krueger, temple, valero... those could b some big sticks.. never count them out! JAMES ALWAYS has a SECRET WEAPON on the MOUND!

CEHS- lost a lot of starters! Rosado will b tough anytime hes on the mound, but will they have the offense to get it done.... bower could b a soph sensation

MHS- hope u can defend a bunt!! Mindt and Taylor returning, SHORT GAME WILL BE IN EFFECT!! Will be very well coached and on a mission to make a statement... SPOILER!!

JakeBaseball

cw will make some noise, with hannah on the staff they wont have a problem getting an ace to step up
That just happened

CENCAL09

They do have a few questions to be answered:

Will there young pitching step up? and with who.

They will field but, will the 2nd baseman hit as well as he fields?  The SS will hit 300 with 4 homers and field like a player headed to D1.

Is there enough protection around there big stud hitter? and will he adjust to hitting the curveball as he will see it from this point forward as all good hitters will hit the fastball.

Can the QB throw better then he did during the football season?

bruins29

Bower for Clovis East is the next big thing. That class of sophomores has a ton of potential at East in general, should be exciting to watch East play again in another year.
Yes the TRAC is better than anything from Bakersfield.

Boogard is a dumbass.

I believe the +/- is the equilviant to a prissy jr. higher's Burn Book, yeah that one your daughter has.

CENCAL09

Bower!? Come on.......He will get eaten alive in the TRAC. He's a decent player in his age group but let's not lose our mind.

baseballgenius25

Quote from: CENCAL09 on February 22, 2010, 01:31:18 PM
Bower!? Come on.......He will get eaten alive in the TRAC. He's a decent player in his age group but let's not lose our mind.
im not sure if you have trouble reading but i believe he said they will be exciting to watch in another year, implying in a year hes gonna be a good player, which he will
IM BACK!!!

bruins29

Trust me the day I lose my mind you will really be able to notice.

I might say something, well never mind I will save that for when I lose my mind.

As in the future tense CenCal, kinda like Baron Bower will be good-- future tense still, as in it will.

Yes the TRAC is better than anything from Bakersfield.

Boogard is a dumbass.

I believe the +/- is the equilviant to a prissy jr. higher's Burn Book, yeah that one your daughter has.

FICOfficial

Quote from: All Knowing on February 16, 2010, 09:17:29 AM
It looks like CW has all the right stuff to be the team to beat this year---, hitting, defence, speed. The only question is who will be the pitcher to step up and be the go to guy    

Who did they lose from last year? 

CWClassof2007

JD Salles Sean Silva and Jared Lee those are just their three D1 guys.

flyinghigh

All Knowing

The question still remains the pitching staff, they can play "D", they can hit, it's the pitching. Karch is the number1 pitcher, then WHO?
Learn from the Masters

Backwards K

Clovis West lost a close game vs Beyer of Modesto , question how was Beyer's pitching ?
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

Baseball Junkie

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on March 03, 2010, 08:42:28 AM
Clovis West lost a close game vs Beyer of Modesto , question how was Beyer's pitching ?

Well a sophomore by the name of Scott Silva had pinch hit 2 run bomb.

Backwards K

Quote from: Baseball Junkie on March 03, 2010, 12:20:50 PM
Well a sophomore by the name of Scott Silva had pinch hit 2 run bomb.

Well then that settles it.... :huh:
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

eagleblood99

Clovis West will be around come the end of May like they are every year. They may not be as spoiled on the mound as they were in the past two years, but they will compete and have enough talent to do big things. Hannah, Patrick, Labandeira, that's enough coaching for a D-1 College level!!! THEY WILL BE PREPARED!!!!

All Knowing

CW has yet to find the #2 starter, De la torre got knocked around in a 6 run first. Mike Isom came up big and shout down Bullard for 3 or 4  innings and Karch closed it out.

You have to fill bad for Bullards starting pitcher, he was on his game for 6 strong inning and left the game with a 7 run lead in the top a seven. That has to hurt!!!

hats off to CW underclass,they came in 7 down and battled,   CRAZY GAME 
Learn from the Masters

HSHARRY

anything is possible in high school baseball...

thats really unfortunate for the bullard high starter, threw a good game keeping the hitters off balance. Have to tip the cap to the Eagles, good teams find ways to win.

the big 1st baseman a speciman of a young man, could be scary if he figures out to hit.....

CWClassof2007

CW needs to hit better at the beginning of games. Tonight against Redwood they didnt get a hit till the 4th inning aftertrailing 2-0. They went on to win 7-3. Buss and Gileland both hit homeruns tonight.

ETKilla

I think this has been CW achilles heal for the last couple of years, timely hitting.  Seems they always get a kid in scoring position with two outs but cant get him in.  If they do, watch out.
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

ETKilla

Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004