News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

HIGHLIGHTS FROM SUNDAYS PASSING DOWN BEST OF THE WEST

Started by gherrera, April 29, 2015, 11:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DB NATION

Im with you 100% Teddy, They either have it or they don't. But if a college is gonna give a kid a free education or most of it paid for based on a 7on7 performance, best belive im going to push a kid to take it. Its all about geeting that DEGREE! Degree Bound nation.
DB NATION, IT'S A WAY OF LYFE

TeddyKGB

I have no problem with kids, with legitamite shots, getting more exposure. My problem is when kids are given false hope so a profit is made off of that kid. I have no problem with the organizers making a profit but don't BS a kid into thinking he may get a scholarship when there's just no way he has the physical tools.

Darth Backer

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 13, 2015, 11:12:27 AM
I have no problem with kids, with legitamite shots, getting more exposure. My problem is when kids are given false hope so a profit is made off of that kid. I have no problem with the organizers making a profit but don't BS a kid into thinking he may get a scholarship when there's just no way he has the physical tools.

BINGO! 

I'll add the guys out there that are seeking relevance for themselves as well.  I don't like the fact that some dude off of the streets can print out a few t-shirts and call himself a coach and create a team for 7on7.  Real coaches have to jump through so many hoops for the safety of the players that it is ridiculous that parents trust their kids with these 7on7 only types. 

There are plenty of "real" coaches that act like idiots too but I have to change the channel when these things air on ESPN...  I can't watch or listen to it.  7on7 tournaments are bad as far as not being "real" football but these showcases are a joke.  Teams with:

no linebackers on the field
alignments with not a single defensive player in the box
5 wide or 5 out on EVERY single play
4 or more seconds to throw

Darth Backer