News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

#Bearwagon

Started by hardhitter23, October 06, 2023, 07:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

Quote from: anthilllegend on October 11, 2023, 03:49:08 PM
Teddy if CW would have had 11 players on the fake punt....it would have gone for a TD instead of what turned out be a crucial first down.  It worked so good with 10, rumor was...they intended to run plays with only 9 players later in the game (if needed).  Think about it....the Drillers played an entire VC game....with what amounted to 10.5 "full-sized" players (and won the game).

No had CW put 11 on the field the Drillers D would not have been confused, I suspect that the Drillers defense was either looking for the 11th man or was confused because one of them didn't have someone to cover and they thought they had too many... I suspect the latter...

izne1home

Quote from: anthilllegend on October 11, 2023, 03:49:08 PM
Remember when Central defended Clovis High School with 13 players the entire final drive of the game.  Did anyone watch this years game on TV....the Grizz offense had to call a time out while inside the Cougar 10 yards line....because they almost ran an offensive play with 13 players on the field.  That's like 6 Wr's in the game. 
Teddy if CW would have had 11 players on the fake punt....it would have gone for a TD instead of what turned out be a crucial first down.  It worked so good with 10, rumor was...they intended to run plays with only 9 players later in the game (if needed).  Think about it....the Drillers played an entire VC game....with what amounted to 10.5 "full-sized" players (and won the game).  Having 11 bodies on the field at once...is over-rated.

In all seriousness, why is there a rule that you must have 11 players on the field?  Could you imagine how confused the Drillers PA guy would be if he also had to count? 

TeddyKGB

is there a rule you need 11... I know you have to have 7 on the LOS but is there a rule that 11 need to be on the field? The PA guy at Bakersfield High had a keen eye for detail counting would not have been an issue... remember was able to spot infractions committed against the Drillers

izne1home

I just assumed it was a rule based on the amount of crying.

That PA guy was so good he could even visualize things nobody else saw. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on October 11, 2023, 07:55:50 PM
That PA guy was so good he could even visualize things nobody else saw.

I think you mean he saw the things that the officials tried to ignore

bksflddan

Quote from: izne1home on October 11, 2023, 04:44:13 PM
In all seriousness, why is there a rule that you must have 11 players on the field?  Could you imagine how confused the Drillers PA guy would be if he also had to count?

Counting??? Way overrated ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 12, 2023, 08:13:22 AM
I think you mean he saw the things that the officials tried to ignore

No, he used his superior intellect (relative only to the referees and BHS fans) and the power of suggestion to help the referees and fans alike to visualize an alternate reality.

TeddyKGB

It was fortunate that he had a superior eye sight and was able to recognize the infractions being committed by the CW players and he was able to suggest to the officials that the pay a little close attention.

T.Mitchell

Quote from: hardhitter23 on October 06, 2023, 07:47:19 AM
I first need to stand correct in picking the Bears to win the game last night against the Grizzlies. Historically they have always been able to run the ball. Last night looked pitiful. The score was 0-0 at half listening to the chatter of parents on how they say the staff has lost the players. I of course take that with a grain of salt. Start of second half they score but it looks even worse. What happened to Buchanan when you use to be that team that dominated the trenches. No more hash tags when the worse play is from the QB and the QB coach is doing the most talking. It was a recipe for disaster when you cant successfully run the football and you don't have the guys to get open or the QB to get them the ball. There are some major problems. The future doesn't look to bright either if we input the JV score with the Grizzles crushing the Bears 58-6 running clock in the second quarter

Central made a QB change and it looks like it was for the good. The starter couldn't get anything going. The backup came in again at half and gave the Grizzlies the spark they needed. Biggs as the QB whisper needs to see this is his guy. The defense still has gaping holes and will definite be a problem these next three weeks. These next three games will tell you what Central team you are getting but one things for sure. That defense is not stopping League champs Clovis North. Offensively they need to correct their turnover mistakes and get it started early. Looks like every game this year they started extremely slow then turned it on at half time .

I have been waiting for the powers at be to activate this profile so I can finally respond to you on the platform made for guys who love to talk from their mother's basement. I find it very ironic how you call yourself Hardhitter yet you are so soft to sit behind a fake name and call my name out. Not to mention stalking my Twitter account, since I know you don't follow me. This means you go out of your way to search for me and other staff members to see how we use our personal social media accounts. It is clear this season isn't going the way we wanted it to, but every week we put a game plan together, have a good week of practice, and come into the game with a chance to compete. And we will continue to do so until the final whistle, quit isn't even a possibility on the #Bearwagon.

Now let's address your infatuation with my Twitter account. The #Bearwagon was created to encourage our kids and meet them on the platforms they are on. The job of a coach is to promote and inspire your players. Which is exactly what my tweets have been about all season long. Please point to a tweet where I have said something negative about a program, coach, or player (besides you) don't worry I'll wait. Not to mention in the earlier weeks of the season you were a big fan of it. "The coaching staff using the media to fuel their kids... I love it".

The reason I've been quiet on Twitter over the last couple of weeks has nothing to do with you or anyone's opinion of me or our program. It's due to the fact that I have a newborn baby girl at home and I don't have ample time to sit in my mom's basement and talk negatively about other people while she warms up my pizza rolls while I hide behind a screen name like a coward. I'm not hard to find if you have something to say come say it with your chest.

PipersPit4evr

I like pizza rolls. Just sayin.

T.Mitchell

Thank you to some of the voices of reason on this site. Shouts out to Anthill Legend, Teddy KGB, and others who understand how difficult it is to win D1 football games year after year if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

I was a part of the dark times at Clovis High (0-10,2-9, and 3-7) and was in the stands as they went head to head with a Jordan Love led Liberty team for a Valley title just a few years later.

We have seen the revival of Clovis East who went from a state powerhouse to not winning a TRAC game for 10 years and now are TRAC contenders.

Clovis West had some tough years after their great QBs graduated and now they have a very explosive football team. Who are the current Defending TRAC champs.

We all saw the powerhouse Clovis North was in the early 2010s and I've been on the other sideline of Clovis North while we blew them out and now they are the number 6 team in the state.

In those dark days at Clovis, one of those 5 wins in 3 years was against Central and we saw how dominant they were with Trent Tompkins and company under Kyle Biggs

Every team in the TRAC has its ups and downs, the fact of the matter is since 2016 (when I began coaching at Buchanan) we are 65-21. Our turbulence is in the present but it's not a full picture of our program over the longer period of time. It is a difficult challenge to overcome, but we will overcome it.

We have had some great teams over the years and it still haunts me to think about the title shots we had and didn't capitalize on. But to be clear it's not like we lost to the #12 seed in the first round of the playoffs and had some massive disappointment season.

2016- Lost to Bakersfield in Second Round (Bako would go on to win the VC)
2017- Lost to Central in the VC
2018- Lost to Liberty by 1 on a last-second Field Goal in the Simi Final
2019- Lost to Central by 7 in the VC (Central would go on to win a State Title)
2021 Spring- 5-0 Undefeated TRAC Champs
2021- Lost to Liberty by 8 (Liberty would go on to win the VC)
2022- Lost to Liberty by 6 (Liberty would go on to win the VC/State Title)

What I have been a part of building over the last 8 years, I am completely proud of every moment. If you are solely worried about wins and losses then you are a loser. It's about teaching boys to become men. It's the relationships that have been built over all these years. Would it be nice to have a ring or two sure, but it is going to a Reedly, Fresno City, COS, Fresno State, Georgia, Moorhead State, or Dallas Cowboy game more seeing old players still live out their dream. Or more often just seeing a kid who played for you swing by your classroom on a random Tuesday afternoon to catch up and tell you how great life is going for them now. That's what it's all about, and win or lose that's what I and this staff will continue to do. We will keep fighting like hell to get back to our winning ways best believe that, but above wins and losses there's a bigger goal and I am damn sure proud to be a part of that.

hardhitter23

Quote from: T.Mitchell on October 14, 2023, 03:26:11 PM
Thank you to some of the voices of reason on this site. Shouts out to Anthill Legend, Teddy KGB, and others who understand how difficult it is to win D1 football games year after year if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

I was a part of the dark times at Clovis High (0-10,2-9, and 3-7) and was in the stands as they went head to head with a Jordan Love led Liberty team for a Valley title just a few years later.

We have seen the revival of Clovis East who went from a state powerhouse to not winning a TRAC game for 10 years and now are TRAC contenders.

Clovis West had some tough years after their great QBs graduated and now they have a very explosive football team. Who are the current Defending TRAC champs.

We all saw the powerhouse Clovis North was in the early 2010s and I've been on the other sideline of Clovis North while we blew them out and now they are the number 6 team in the state.

In those dark days at Clovis, one of those 5 wins in 3 years was against Central and we saw how dominant they were with Trent Tompkins and company under Kyle Biggs

Every team in the TRAC has its ups and downs, the fact of the matter is since 2016 (when I began coaching at Buchanan) we are 65-21. Our turbulence is in the present but it's not a full picture of our program over the longer period of time. It is a difficult challenge to overcome, but we will overcome it.

We have had some great teams over the years and it still haunts me to think about the title shots we had and didn't capitalize on. But to be clear it's not like we lost to the #12 seed in the first round of the playoffs and had some massive disappointment season.

2016- Lost to Bakersfield in Second Round (Bako would go on to win the VC)
2017- Lost to Central in the VC
2018- Lost to Liberty by 1 on a last-second Field Goal in the Simi Final
2019- Lost to Central by 7 in the VC (Central would go on to win a State Title)
2021 Spring- 5-0 Undefeated TRAC Champs
2021- Lost to Liberty by 8 (Liberty would go on to win the VC)
2022- Lost to Liberty by 6 (Liberty would go on to win the VC/State Title)

What I have been a part of building over the last 8 years, I am completely proud of every moment. If you are solely worried about wins and losses then you are a loser. It's about teaching boys to become men. It's the relationships that have been built over all these years. Would it be nice to have a ring or two sure, but it is going to a Reedly, Fresno City, COS, Fresno State, Georgia, Moorhead State, or Dallas Cowboy game more seeing old players still live out their dream. Or more often just seeing a kid who played for you swing by your classroom on a random Tuesday afternoon to catch up and tell you how great life is going for them now. That's what it's all about, and win or lose that's what I and this staff will continue to do. We will keep fighting like hell to get back to our winning ways best believe that, but above wins and losses there's a bigger goal and I am damn sure proud to be a part of that.

1st lets start with Pizza Rolls with Ranch are the best. I like to add hot sauce as well to spice it up
2nd Are there basement homes in Fresno
3rd not hiding behind a screen name when I am verified (which means people know who I am since we have to verify that)
4th YOU had nothing to do with that success of those kids. As coaches people seem to forget those are built by kids not coaches

Now addressing the Twitter. Just like this site, Pagmeter and any other public form things are shared and passed around so that's how it came about to me. So I decided to use it as a troll and Poke the bear. You like how I used that lol.

T.Mitchell

Quote from: hardhitter23 on October 14, 2023, 04:25:36 PM

1st lets start with Pizza Rolls with Ranch are the best. I like to add hot sauce as well to spice it up
2nd Are there basement homes in Fresno
3rd not hiding behind a screen name when I am verified (which means people know who I am since we have to verify that)
4th YOU had nothing to do with that success of those kids. As coaches people seem to forget those are built by kids not coaches

Now addressing the Twitter. Just like this site, Pagmeter and any other public form things are shared and passed around so that's how it came about to me. So I decided to use it as a troll and Poke the bear. You like how I used that lol.

1. Pizza rolls are for Tubby little man boys like you.
2. I guess I'll upgrade you to your moms laundry room.
3. Having a verified screen name and using your real name are not the same. From now on I will not refer to you as HardHitter you will be referred to as MissedTackle
4. Where did I say I played a role in those players success? All I said is that's is awesome to have players that have gone on to be successful on and off the field and have the relationship that they invited you to be a part of their life after they graduate. Next time your sitting in the "stands at our game talking with our parents" as about me. As a matter of fact we play Friday night at 7pm come say what you need to say. To my face.
5. So you are a self-proclaimed to being a troll cowering under the bridge I appreciate that honesty.

hardhitter23

I don't want to see you guys get blown out this week. Hopefully the Qab change helps. I am actually going to be at the Clovis vs Clovis East game. The parent talk happens it's high school football. You hear it about as much as you do in youth football. I'm sorry the tides have turned and the staff is in hot water with the parents and the administrators. How do you resolve this. Simple coach harder. Develop your young talent. Keep your staff engaged. Have a united front. If you focused so much on the development of your kids and not Twitter finger. You could possibly take your down year players and over achieve.

I guess the transfer portal wasn't ideal for you guys this year after the school managed to piss the bed.

Signing out #beardown. Mitchell is a little touching this evening.

T.Mitchell

Quote from: hardhitter23 on October 14, 2023, 09:10:06 PM
I don’t want to see you guys get blown out this week. Hopefully the Qab change helps. I am actually going to be at the Clovis vs Clovis East game. The parent talk happens it’s high school football. You hear it about as much as you do in youth football. I’m sorry the tides have turned and the staff is in hot water with the parents and the administrators. How do you resolve this. Simple coach harder. Develop your young talent. Keep your staff engaged. Have a united front. If you focused so much on the development of your kids and not Twitter finger. You could possibly take your down year players and over achieve.

I guess the transfer portal wasn’t ideal for you guys this year after the school managed to piss the bed.

Signing out #beardown. Mitchell is a little touching this evening.

Quote from: hardhitter23 on October 14, 2023, 04:31:46 PM
I don't hide behind a screen would you like to meet at Elliot's so you can have a face to the troll. I can buy you a drink and then rip you in person as well or even more if you like. Everyone on this site knows who I am. Get out your feeling and sack up buddy. I am available usually in the evening if you would like to redeem the offer 

Listen Missed Tackle practices finish around 5pm you know where to find me.

Timmy Winn

Don't feel the need to defend yourself. Your critics can't define you but how you react to them can.

hardhitter23

Quote from: Timmy Winn on October 14, 2023, 11:09:41 PM
Don't feel the need to defend yourself. Your critics can't define you but how you react to them can.

:u: :u: :u: That's great advise!!!

Cristobal

:u:

izne1home

It is great advice.  Applies to life in general.  We all get knocked down, but people only remember if and how we got back up.

TeddyKGB

it is not often that I am referred to as the voice of reason, but it is gratifying when it happens...its about time I was recognized for my rational thinking. I have a couple of issues with what has been said, first who eats pizza rolls? And it is absolute blasphemy to put ranch on any type of pizza! I assume you're a coach or some how affiliated with Buchanan Football, I 100% applaud you firing back if and when someone says something that is untrue about your self, player(s), or coaches but when you start firing off insults because a guy says you don't like it comes across as immature. I am 100% with you coaching isn't about the Ws & Ls, its about helping boys become men, but one of the hazards of the job is criticism from the public. Most people have no idea how hard it is to win at the Varsity D1 level, especially in the TRAC.

TeddyKGB