News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Kern County top 10 last week of regular season

Started by TeddyKGB, October 23, 2023, 12:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

1. Frontier (9-0) - Ended Liberty's 30+ league win streak that dated back to 2016 when the Drillers beat them. A huge win for Coach Bandy and the Titan program
2. Liberty (7-2)
3. Shafter (9-0)
4. Tehachapi (10-0) BYE
5. garces (4-5)
6. Kennedy (7-2)
7. Bakersfield (6-3)
8. Golden Valley (7-2)
9. Centennial (5-4)
10. Wasco (5-4)

Frontier vs Centennial: Frontier will not have a big win hang over, Frontier 35-7
Liberty at Bakersfield High: The Drillers have been on a win streak against very bad teams, Liberty will regroup and shut down the Drillers run game the Liberty LBers are too good
for the Drillers Oline

Shafter vs Wasco: bitter rivals, Wasco will put up a valiant effort but Shafter wins the game. Shafter 28-21
garces at Stockdale: garces gets the win they are much better coached, garces 24-7
Kennedy at Chavez: how this isn't called the UFW Bowl is beyond me, Kennedy should handle Chavez : RFK 35 Chavez 14
Golden Valley vs Del Oro: GV wins easily, running clock by halftime DO has no seniors: GV 49-0

Bud Kilmer

Frontier vs Centennial: Frontier will finish the season on a very high note. Frontier rolls.
Liberty at Bakersfield High: Liberty will get back on track going into playoffs. I would not want to be BHS this week.
Shafter vs Wasco: only because I love chaos! Two different styles of play here. If Wasco can control the clock and keep shafter's high powered offense off of the field, this can go anyway.
Garces at Stockdale: stockdale is bad
Kennedy at Chavez: RFK will roll.
Golden Valley vs Del Oro: GV wins

Season flew by fellas!!

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Bud Kilmer on October 23, 2023, 01:14:49 PM
Shafter vs Wasco: only because I love chaos! Two different styles of play here. If Wasco can control the clock and keep shafter's high powered offense off of the field, this can go anyway.

this is not far fetched, when these two play records go out the window. Wasco with that double Wing can control the clock, it is a tough scheme to prep for but Shafter has seen it enough times. The offense for Wasco will cut down possessions for Shafter which means they have to capitalize on the possessions they do get. I would say if there is an upset this week this is the game where it can go down.

fballfan

Centennial will probably throw the kitchen sink at Frontier to play spoiler. Hopefully Frontier doesn't overlook them.

TeddyKGB

bksflddan

Frontier
Liberty
Shafter
Garces
Kennedy
Golden Valley
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

DTFan

Frontier vs Centennial

Liberty at Bakersfield High

Shafter vs Wasco : Ezekiel Osborne and Daniel Rodriguez are gonna have one hell of a game. Shafter will be too much for Wasco and will wear them down.

Garces at Stockdale

Kennedy at Chavez : I'm by NO means rooting for Kennedy, but they should win this game. If Chavez loses, it will help Delano in seedings.

Golden Valley vs Del Oro

eylchamps

Frontier
Liberty
Shafter
Garces
Kennedy
Golden Valley

Teddy, how can you leave out these great games:
Ridgeview at Highland
Bakersfield Christian at Independence, southwest bragging rights 
West at East
North at South, is it true that the winner gets a sword 
Foothill at Mira Monte
Delano at Taft

Come on Teddy, you can't leave out this gems. these final games are to determine the bottom of the league.  :D
WYL wishes they were the EYL

Bud Kilmer

Kennedy at Chavez : I'm by NO means rooting for Kennedy, but they should win this game. If Chavez loses, it will help Delano in seedings.

Even IF Chavez pulls off a miracle and beats Kennedy, Delano going 1-4 in league and that only win being to McFarland has tarnished any decent seeding Delano was hoping for. They will be a bottom tier D5 team.

And their game against Taft tomorrow is not an easy one for them.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: eylchamps on October 25, 2023, 08:43:31 AM
Teddy, how can you leave out these great games:
Ridgeview at Highland
Bakersfield Christian at Independence, southwest bragging rights 
West at East
Foothill at Mira Monte
Delano at Taft

Come on Teddy, you can't leave out this gems. these final games are to determine the bottom of the league.  :D

I omitted these games because I wasn't aware that they were taking place... these are the equivalent of izne's dates. I would be tough to pick which game will be the worst.

shafteralum

Quote from: eylchamps on October 25, 2023, 08:43:31 AM

I believe the swords were retired when South changed its mascot from a group associated with slavery to... an ancient slave owning civilization.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: shafteralum on October 25, 2023, 09:18:27 AM
I believe the swords were retired when South changed its mascot from a group associated with slavery to... an ancient slave owning culture.

:D :u:  This is one of the best responses of the entire year! A perfect example of just how inept and stupid the people that run the KHSD are

DTFan

Ridgeview at Highland

Bakersfield Christian at Independence

West at East

North at South

Foothill at Mira Monte

Delano at Taft

fballfan

Quote from: shafteralum on October 25, 2023, 09:18:27 AM
I believe the swords were retired when South changed its mascot from a group associated with slavery to... an ancient slave owning culture.

classic!

TeddyKGB

Frontier 23 Centennial 16- late TD by Frontier closed up the win, may have been a combo of a hang over after last week and the short week that caused Frontier to over look Centennial.

Liberty 41 Bakersfield 10 - looks like the Drillers were unable to score in the second half, the Drillers have a long way to go before they are contenders again.

garces 34 Stockdale 7 - Stockdale is pitiful, poorly coach. Still can't believe they beat Kennedy. 

fballfan

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 27, 2023, 08:30:36 AM
Frontier 23 Centennial 16- late TD by Frontier closed up the win, may have been a combo of a hang over after last week and the short week that caused Frontier to over look Centennial.

Liberty 41 Bakersfield 10 - looks like the Drillers were unable to score in the second half, the Drillers have a long way to go before they are contenders again.

garces 34 Stockdale 7 - Stockdale is pitiful, poorly coach. Still can't believe they beat Kennedy.

teddy your probably right, but centennial did have a lot of their injured players back. Would not be surprised if they made a solid run in div 2.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: fballfan on October 27, 2023, 10:50:30 AM
teddy your probably right, but centennial did have a lot of their injured players back. Would not be surprised if they made a solid run in div 2.

Centennial has had a good defense all season but their offense puts them in bad spots with too many turnovers.

fballfan

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 27, 2023, 10:54:42 AM
Centennial has had a good defense all season but their offense puts them in bad spots with too many turnovers.

agreed

fballfan