News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

The Year of the Eagle

Started by RoughRider84, February 26, 2018, 08:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughRider84

Clovis West is out to a blistering start. I had a feeling this team would be tough, they are the oldest team in town with good arms on the hill. I am excited to see how it goes in the TRAC, but don't be surprised if the Eagles land in Visalia. Here is my top 10:

1. CW
2. Buchanan
3. Stockdale
4. Clovis North
5. Clovis
6. Clovis East
7. Edison
8. Central
9. Sanger
10. El Diamante

Any thoughts on this?

guru09

Quote from: RoughRider84 on February 26, 2018, 08:02:10 AM
Clovis West is out to a blistering start. I had a feeling this team would be tough, they are the oldest team in town with good arms on the hill. I am excited to see how it goes in the TRAC, but don't be surprised if the Eagles land in Visalia. Here is my top 10:

1. CW
2. Buchanan
3. Stockdale
4. Clovis North
5. Clovis
6. Clovis East
7. Edison
8. Central
9. Sanger
10. El Diamante

Any thoughts on this?

Buchanan has done nothing to be removed from the #1 spot.

RoughRider84

It's not what they have done, it's what CW has done. Lets not forget that Clovis won it all last year, not Buchanan. It's a new year, and CW is the better team.

Baseball101

1. CW
2. Buchanan
3. Stockdale
4. Clovis North
5. Clovis
6. Clovis East
7. Edison
8. Central
9. Sanger
10. El Diamante

Any thoughts on this?

While I don't completely disagree with you, let's see how March shapes up.
"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Baseball Mom

Could be right about CW, but still to early to see.  Buchanan is off to a good start. Lots of pitchers and the bats are awake right now.  Hard to really tell until we get into the top TRAC teams.

Jazz

As of today I can get behind that. CW is ripping the leather off the ball right now.

CWClassof2007

I can't put Clovis West ahead of Buchanan until they play each other.

Jim Jefferies

Time to pump the brakes boys... Its waaaay to early for all these wanna be Pagmeter predictions (BTW he is a complete CLOWN). Why don't we just let the boys play and start talking once they get thru the first round of the TRAC.................. CW does swing the bat well but have they been challenged by a quality arm yet? What will Buchanan do when someone punches them back in the mouth? Clovis High gonna be agle to create enough offense?? Clovis North Lhp can beat anyone in the Trac........ A LOT CAN HAPPEN... Try watching and talking less, might see way more........

hello_newman

What would you prefer folks discuss on a high school baseball message board? Politics? The weather?

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on February 26, 2018, 07:18:58 PM
Time to pump the brakes boys... Its waaaay to early for all these wanna be Pagmeter predictions (BTW he is a complete CLOWN). Why don't we just let the boys play and start talking once they get thru the first round of the TRAC.................. CW does swing the bat well but have they been challenged by a quality arm yet? What will Buchanan do when someone punches them back in the mouth? Clovis High gonna be agle to create enough offense?? Clovis North Lhp can beat anyone in the Trac........ A LOT CAN HAPPEN... Try watching and talking less, might see way more........

Ty Cobb

Quote from: Jim Jefferies on February 26, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

Wow! Lots of talking there for one saying to talk less. The Pag a clown? Unlike most here who talk about sports, he actually played them. Pags good for valley sports. How many teams asked you to MC their events? That speaks for itself. As for CW bats they are hot. However they haven't seen much pitching yet. Most pitchers they have faced wouldn't start on JV Trac teams. Time will tell but expect CW to contend for the TRAC Championship. They can beat anyone this year. As for winning the Valley? Until they make the Valley double elimination it won't ever represent the best team. The TRAC championship does that.

The Cobb

hello_newman

Pagmeter now provides virtually the only high school sports coverage in the Valley. Without his efforts, there would be little to nothing since the disintegration of the Bee (especially outside of the TRAC). The kids love it, shame you'd want to take that away from them Jim Jefferies.

Press Box Hero

Quote from: hello_newman on February 26, 2018, 08:56:19 PM
Pagmeter now provides virtually the only high school sports coverage in the Valley. Without his efforts, there would be little to nothing since the disintegration of the Bee (especially outside of the TRAC). The kids love it, shame you'd want to take that away from them Jim Jefferies.

Not true about virtually the only high school sports coverage in the Valley. Have a look here, I think you'll like what you see:

http://www.clovisroundup.com/category/clovis-sports/

Press Box Hero

1. CW
2. Buchanan
3. Stockdale
4. Clovis North
5. Clovis
6. Clovis East
7. Edison
8. Central
9. Sanger
10. El Diamante

Any thoughts on this?

I've only seen Buchanan, CW and a little of Stockdale in their scrimmage against Bullard. I would say that this year's Buchanan team isn't the powerhouse they were the last three years but Brock Jones, Brady Hormel and Miggy Ortiz are as good as hitters/players you'll find. King is a beast on the mound and when his mechanics are on he's extremely tough to hit.

CW has a very solid team overall, very balanced. True, they haven't faced a very good pitcher yet. They would obviously be better if DJ Schramm would have stayed, that might have put them as the TRAC favorites.

Stockdale's stud Sean Mullen might be a top round draft pick, hitting as high as 95 on the gun this year and mashing.

Once basketball is over I'll be able to check out more baseball games. I'm excited for the season.

hello_newman

You are right, they do a good job covering the Clovis Unified schools.  There does, however, exist a world beyond Clovis Unified.  Very little coverage of that outside of Pagmeter.

Quote from: Press Box Hero on February 27, 2018, 09:29:45 AM
Not true about virtually the only high school sports coverage in the Valley. Have a look here, I think you'll like what you see:

http://www.clovisroundup.com/category/clovis-sports/

Baseball Mom

Spot on Press box. 

I do see Hormel and Jones as the top boys on the team as well. Miggy normally die off on his hitting when they start seeing the fast stuff.  What are your thoughts on Fondtain as a pitcher?

I am thankful for Pagmeter.  With Boogard gone it is really all we have for the valley. 

Press Box Hero

Quote from: hello_newman on February 27, 2018, 09:53:33 AM
You are right, they do a good job covering the Clovis Unified schools.  There does, however, exist a world beyond Clovis Unified.  Very little coverage of that outside of Pagmeter.

Reedley Exponent does a great job, Kingsburg Recorder, Dinuba Sentinal, Selma Enterprise, Visalia Times Delta does an excellent job.

Most of all the outlying towns and cities have coverage.

And if you're not on Twitter, I highly encourage it - it's the information superhighway.

-Paul

Baseball101

Who are the primary studs for Buchanan on the mound?

"Everyday is an opportunity you don't get back, so don't blow it working."- Frank Gallagher

Baseball Mom

Looks like Junior TJ Fondtain and Jack Bengsten are going to be the main starters.  Jake is mainly the closer.  I have watched a Sophmore, Luke Sula, and he seems to be good as well.  They also have Senior Connor Barbrick who is effective.  They are deep in pitching, but only a few really stand out.

Baseball101

Quote from: Baseball Mom on February 27, 2018, 12:07:22 PM
Looks like Junior TJ Fondtain and Jack Bengsten are going to be the main starters.  Jake is mainly the closer.  I have watched a Sophmore, Luke Sula, and he seems to be good as well.  They also have Senior Connor Barbrick who is effective.  They are deep in pitching, but only a few really stand out.

Thanks.

Jim Jefferies

Quote from: Ty Cobb on February 26, 2018, 08:36:46 PM
Wow! Lots of talking there for one saying to talk less. The Pag a clown? Unlike most here who talk about sports, he actually played them. Pags good for valley sports. How many teams asked you to MC their events? That speaks for itself. As for CW bats they are hot. However they haven't seen much pitching yet. Most pitchers they have faced wouldn't start on JV Trac teams. Time will tell but expect CW to contend for the TRAC Championship. They can beat anyone this year. As for winning the Valley? Until they make the Valley double elimination it won't ever represent the best team. The TRAC championship does that.

The Cobb

No doubt, anyone can beat anyone but to start throwing out all these absurd predictions just tells me none of you guys have seen anything outside of the Valley to talk about who the best really is. Its way too early, and theres a thing called injuries that could change the whole picture. Let me guess you want an asterik by the team that loses if their ACE pitcher is hurt  for the championship game too?? Stockdale can play with anyone in the TRAC. For the double elimination.... you can have it. I'm a traditional type of guy and the Valley Champioinship has ALWAYS been one game and the winner is crowned and NO ITS NOT JUST THE TRAC CHAMPIONSHIP....... As for the Pags, CLOWN!!!!. He can keep his public MC appearances, blah blah blah- Whats his claim to fame anyways?? 50 & older High School Harry Mens league ERA king?? Max Preps is pretty good w/o the commentary........Cmon dude, need to check your pulse

Jim Jefferies