News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Will Washington Union get into a state bowl game?

Started by Pioneerqb10, December 05, 2011, 09:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armchair

If Kingsburg wins they might go. Kingsburg beat SLO who beat attascadaro and were very competitive in the PAC 7. Kingsburg is working for Union. I hate to work for those dirty dogs but it happens.

Atascadero was a very average team that didn't make the playoffs....Kingsburg's win over SLO is not worth much.

Yes and Clovis isn't worth much either, they barely beat Atascadero.

And Clovis also lost to Clovis West..

And Clovis West lost to Centennial..

Thanks for helping me prove my point fellas, Kingsburg can play with you!

To Promote and to Defend

whatahorse

Quote from: armchair on December 09, 2011, 12:13:03 AM
If Kingsburg wins they might go. Kingsburg beat SLO who beat attascadaro and were very competitive in the PAC 7. Kingsburg is working for Union. I hate to work for those dirty dogs but it happens.

Atascadero was a very average team that didn't make the playoffs....Kingsburg's win over SLO is not worth much.

But NONE of them can play with the Bowl teams......sooooo...well you get the drift.... :u:

CWClassof2007

Quote from: armchair on December 09, 2011, 12:13:03 AM

Another DELUSIONAL Kingsburg fan!!!

lalala

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 09, 2011, 09:42:17 AM
Another DELUSIONAL Kingsburg fan!!!

Isn't being delusional a requirement to live in Kingsburg?

CWClassof2007

Quote from: lalala on December 09, 2011, 05:15:51 PM
Isn't being delusional a requirement to live in Kingsburg?
More of a suggestion than a requirement.

lalala

Sorry my mistake  :D

And Bako and Bullard are not getting into a Bowl game

WU has a legitimate shot if they win and Lompoc loses..if those two things don't happen..then the Central Section is left out again

whatahorse

end of 1st qtr   Lopmoc 7 Cabrillo  0

Halftime   Lompoc 21  Cabrillo   0

end of 3rd    Lompoc 21  Cabrillo  0

whatahorse

Lompoc wins CIF titles back to back beating Cabrillo 21-0...on to the State Bowl Game. 

armchair

To Promote and to Defend

valley watcher

They have a chance. Just because CalHiSports has Lompoc ranked ahead of Washington doesn't mean that is what the CIF will decide. It all comes down to the votes of the SoCal commissioners and they may feel it is about time for a Central Section team to have its' shot. They may look and see that Washington's playoff run was more impressive then Lompoc's as well. Washington won 49-0, 35-0 and 55-12. Lompoc won 52-14, 28-15, 56-21 and 21-0. Plus.... the CIF looks at star power and the ability to sell tickets. A Notre Dame bound wide receiver that finished the year with over 100 catches and over 2,000 receiving yards, that'll get people's attention down there. And it's not just him, looking at their final stats they are well over 5,000 yards of offense and over 44 points a game. I think they will get a serious look come Sunday morning down south. If they don't get in, too bad and hopefully another team can do it in the future, but this is the best chance the section has had yet.

whatahorse

Quote from: valley watcher on December 10, 2011, 01:21:54 AM
They have a chance. Just because CalHiSports has Lompoc ranked ahead of Washington doesn't mean that is what the CIF will decide. It all comes down to the votes of the SoCal commissioners and they may feel it is about time for a Central Section team to have its' shot. They may look and see that Washington's playoff run was more impressive then Lompoc's as well. Washington won 49-0, 35-0 and 55-12. Lompoc won 52-14, 28-15, 56-21 and 21-0. Plus.... the CIF looks at star power and the ability to sell tickets. A Notre Dame bound wide receiver that finished the year with over 100 catches and over 2,000 receiving yards, that'll get people's attention down there. And it's not just him, looking at their final stats they are well over 5,000 yards of offense and over 44 points a game. I think they will get a serious look come Sunday morning down south. If they don't get in, too bad and hopefully another team can do it in the future, but this is the best chance the section has had yet.

You haven't seen the Lompoc following....no contest there.  20 game win streak for the Braves, back to back CIF titles, and like the CS...the central coast area has never had a representative. Based on the competition...Lompoc hands down. 

Soaring Eagle

Quote from: valley watcher on December 10, 2011, 01:21:54 AM

The one thing being forgotten here is that, this is the last year the sections are 'voting' in the teams to battle for the "State Championship" game, so the commissioners are sitting around knowing they can ignore the Central Section again this year, because we are almost guaranteed a spot in the new playoff type system set for next year.

No doubt they are prepared to listen to our little section's groans for a year and give the spots to all southern section teams.
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

valley watcher

Soaring Eagle you might be right. If this was next year we wouldn't be talking about Bakersfield and Washington getting the shaft, we'd be talking about who they would be playing in a SoCal Championship game next week. It's too bad that isn't the system already. Whatahorse.... Lompoc is Southern Section. The Central Coast Section is NorCal. And the Southern Section has had plenty of teams in the games.

whatahorse

Quote from: valley watcher on December 10, 2011, 01:51:55 PM
Soaring Eagle you might be right. If this was next year we wouldn't be talking about Bakersfield and Washington getting the shaft, we'd be talking about who they would be playing in a SoCal Championship game next week. It's too bad that isn't the system already. Whatahorse.... Lompoc is Southern Section. The Central Coast Section is NorCal. And the Southern Section has had plenty of teams in the games.

watcher instead of reader....read a little more carefully...the central coast area is between Paso and Santa Barbara, northern most part of the SS....and the CCS is a whole section. That kind of mistake is just showing you don't have a clue about  Lompoc  and how good they are...back to back CIF titles....20 game streak....Major  whipping of Arroyo Grande, another CIF champ (13-1)....whine all you want, I've coached in both sections, the SS is much tougher...no matter how your provencial  head wants to spin it.
The SS has more teams in because they are that good. :u: :u: :u:

CWClassof2007

Quote from: whatahorse on December 10, 2011, 02:36:24 PM

watcher instead of reader....read a little more carefully...the central coast area is between Paso and Santa Barbara, northern most part of the SS....and the CCS is a whole section. That kind of mistake is just showing you don't have a clue about  Lompoc  and how good they are...back to back CIF titles....20 game streak....Major  whipping of Arroyo Grande, another CIF champ (13-1)....whine all you want, I've coached in both sections, the SS is much tougher...no matter how your provencial  head wants to spin it.
The SS has more teams in because they are that good. :u: :u: :u:

Wouldn't say he's clueless. When I see Central Coast I think of Bellarmine & Palo Alto. I had to read it twice myself.

whatahorse

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 10, 2011, 05:52:50 PM
Wouldn't say he's clueless. When I see Central Coast I think of Bellarmine & Palo Alto. I had to read it twice myself.

Guess you have to live here....beats the heck out of Fresno....

BIG SKIN

Well....looks like Chowchillas neighbor LeGrand is going to Carson in the small schools game.....way to go Bulldogs...... :u:
Poor people have voted DEMOCRAT for the last 50 years.....GUESS what....they are STILL POOR.

valley watcher

I know what the Central Coast is. I'm not geographically challenged. But when we're talking about North and South for bowl games then the Central Coast doesn't include Lompoc. I'm not doubting how good Lompoc is and not whining that Washington won't get in. Both are good teams, both are back-to-back section champs, both have 20+ game winning streaks, both have superstar players, and both have one high quality win. Lompoc over Arroyo Grande and Washington over Kingsburg. But I also see Lompoc with a 24-17 overtime win over a 5-5 team and a 23-15 win over a 5-6 team. Washington's close wins were 20-16 over Kingsburg and a 28-13 win over Sunnyside. The two teams are very close and yes the Southern Section does have the better schools overall, but in the case of Bakersfield and Washington, I'm thinking that these two are just as good as what Southern California has to offer.

jeraf

From MaxPreps:

How we think the CIF Bowl Selections will play out
One of the most anticipated days in California prep sports will take place not on an athletic field, but a board room.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
By: Mitch Stephens | MaxPreps.com

The stage is set. Drum roll please.

All the games are in – at least in California.

All the shoulder pads, helmets and cleats are put aside for a day.

Today is a time for an eraser board, coffee and a bottle of aspirin.

Ten commissioners will gather in a board room at the Home Depot Center in Carson and handpick the 10 best section champions – five each from Southern and Northern California – to play in next weekend's sixth annual CIF Bowl Championships.

Below is who we think the commissioner's will pick. And frankly, it might be the shortest meeting they've had since starting this process. These are fairly clear cut as you'll see below.

The games are Dec. 16-17, also at the Home Depot Center. Check in later today - approximately 3 p.m. - to see the picks.

To give a sense of how hotly debated these choices will take, we've put a time table on each selection.

OPEN DIVISION

North: De La Salle (Concord) 12-1 – One blink
South: Westlake (Westlake Village) 14-0 – two blinks

This, frankly, is a slam dunk. There's no real debate, so we won't bother. Westlake came into the week No. 7 in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25 national ranking and De La Salle No. 19.

DIVISION I

North: Bellarmine (San Jose) 12-1 – five minutes
South: Bakersfield 13-0 – 45 minutes

Though Granite Bay (12-2) and Bellarmine would be a great playoff game, the Bells get the emphatic nod because one less loss, which was a double-overtime thriller to De La Salle, the obvious Open Division winner.

The South debate will be bitter but we think the unspoken pressure to pick a Central Section team for the first time – plus a perfect season – will pull Bakersfield through over two-loss but deserving Santa Margarita (Rancho Santa Margarita). The Eagles won the Southern Section's gold standard, the Pac-5 Division. Perhaps the best team of the bunch is Vista Murrieta-Murrieta (9-5), which is 14-0 on the field but forfeited five games due to using an ineligible player. Though Vista turned itself in – noble – the commissioners would take too much heat for letting in a five-loss team, even if that includes an asterisks. Poway (12-0-1) will also demand attention especially after a 56-0 win in the San Diego Section finals against Vista.

DIVISION II

North: Del Oro (Loomis, Calif.) 13-1 – 1 minute
South: Helix (La Mesa, Calif.) 12-1 – 40 minutes

Del Oro's only loss came in overtime to the best team in Southern California, Westlake, so it is surely in. Vacaville (13-1) had a shot, but it needed a strong showing from Marin Catholic, the team it lost to. Marin Catholic was upset in the North Coast Section finals, thus ending Vacaville's hopes. 

Helix, Arroyo Grande (13-1) and Rancho Verde-Moreno Valley (14-0) are extremely tight. However, Helix's 44-6 beat down of two-time Bowl champion Oceanside was the knockout blow it needed to bowl over the commissioners. Arroyo Grande has won 13 straight since a 10-point season-opening loss to unbeaten and likely Division III bowl-bound Lompoc. A 35-16 win over previously unbeaten Palm Springs in a Southern Section finals will bolster Rancho Verde's case.

DIVISION III

North: Campolindo (Moraga) 14-0 – 1 minute
South: Lompoc 14-0 – 15 minutes

Campolindo, a true Cinderella story, was picked to finish last in its league but just beat everybody in its wake, including back-to-back victories over undefeated and previous bowl participants Cardinal Newman (Santa Rosa) and Marin Catholic (Kentfield).

Lompoc gets the edge over another perfect Central Section squad, Washington Union-Fresno, (13-0) which made a strong case in its championship game, a 55-12 win over Wasco.

SMALL SCHOOL

North: Le Grand 12-0 – 10 seconds
South: Sierra Canyon (Chatsworth) 14-0 – 10 seconds

Clearly, the two best teams left standing and the only unbeaten qualifiers in this Division. Slam dunk. .

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/tQd4GSP8EeG-rAAmVebEWg/how-we-think-the-cif-bowl-selections-will-play-out.htm

jeraf