News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

TRAC 2024 (Third Round)

Started by Sixtynine, April 21, 2024, 08:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtynine

Clovis vs Clovis East
Clovis West vs Buchanan
Central vs Clovis North

We find out exactly what CW is this week. I would have them as the favorite in all 3 games when looking at pitching matchups.

Clovis 6-0
Clovis West 5-1
Clovis North 3-3
Central 2-4
Buchanan 2-4
Clovis East 0-6
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Crusader123

Quote from: Sixtynine on April 21, 2024, 08:33:02 AMClovis vs Clovis East
Clovis West vs Buchanan
Central vs Clovis North

We find out exactly what CW is this week. I would have them as the favorite in all 3 games when looking at pitching matchups.

Clovis 6-0
Clovis West 5-1
Clovis North 3-3
Central 2-4
Buchanan 2-4
Clovis East 0-6

Top 3 can separate themselves this week OR things get VERY interesting

Governor

Buchanan High should get back on track this week against West High.

Steven Kertis has Buchanan High 4 spots ahead of West High in his rankings so I expect them to take the series.

Timmy Winn

All sweeps. CHS, CW and CN. Central and CE just aren't very good and Buchanan is running into a hot team. I could see them stealing one, but I'm going with the hot bats to sweep. TP hits another bomb and strikes out 10 in his start.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Governor on April 22, 2024, 11:01:14 AMBuchanan High should get back on track this week against West High.

Steven Kertis has Buchanan High 4 spots ahead of West High in his rankings so I expect them to take the series.

I don't think anyone that has seen both teams play this year would rank Buchanan ahead of CW. I think Kertis is a Bakersfield guy and is giving Buchanan the benefit of their legacy. I was wrong about the CN vs. CHS series last week, so maybe I'll be wrong again...

CWClassof2007

Here's MaxPreps top 20 with each teams base division. Like many I'm not a fan of teams moving down.

1. Clovis(D1)
2. Liberty-Bakersfield(D1)
3. Cabrillo-Lompoc(D3)
4. Bullard(D1)
5. Frontier(D1)
6. Clovis North(D1)
7. Bakersfield Christian(D3)
8. Redwood(D2)
9. Clovis West(D1)
10. Kerman(D3)
11. Kingsburg(D4)
12. Liberty-Madera(D5)
13. Stockdale(D1)
14. Centennnial(D1)
15. St. Joseph(D3)
16. Buchanan(D1)
17. Central Valley Christian(D4)
18. Pioneer Valley(D4)
19. Atascadero(D3)
20. Righetti(D1)

CWClassof2007

Clovis 2 Clovis East 1

Sophomore Jackson Efrid CG 0ER 2H 1K

Clovis West 10 Buchanan 2

This isn't profound but this Buchanan team is very bad. They can't hit or field.

Clovis North 10 Central 6

Sixtynine

I believe the single season loss record at Buchanan is 14. They sit at 9-12 right now with lots of varsity experience coming into this season

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Sixtynine on April 23, 2024, 06:25:37 PMI believe the single season loss record at Buchanan is 14. They sit at 9-12 right now with lots of varsity experience coming into this season
12-17 feels very much in play. Giving them all three games against Clovis East might be generous.

Sixtynine

Clovis 7-0
Clovis West 6-1
Clovis North 4-3
Central 2-5
Buchanan 2-5
Clovis East 0-7

Governor

Is this a rebuilding year for Buchanan High?

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Governor on April 23, 2024, 09:01:34 PMIs this a rebuilding year for Buchanan High?

Definitely a down year. We won't know if it's a rebuild until next year. If they bounce back we could call this season that. But if they falter again I wouldn't use the term "rebuild". It would be more dire than that. I'm not sure what two losing seasons would do to that program. It'll be interesting to see what shakes out after this single losing season. It does appear the momentum is stalled at best and dead at worst.

Sixtynine

Quote from: Governor on April 23, 2024, 09:01:34 PMIs this a rebuilding year for Buchanan High?

Coming into this year, Buchanan had three guys with 40+ varsity starts under their belt. Additionally, they had two more guys who were everyday players last season AND one more who had a handful of spot starts throughout the year. So that was about 6 guys who had real experience at the varsity level.

Also, they had two other sophs last year who both started games/played in others. So now you're up to 8, but I understand that those guys weren't eating up the bulk of reps.

This was far from a rebuild.

They will be better next year for sure. They have to be. However, we cannot let the narrative be that this was supposed to be a big rebuilding year. Part of why the Bears took their lumps last year (despite still making the title game) is because they were trying to get all these guys experience.

Closer

Just found out that three infielders and a pitcher for Buchanan were suspended for tonight's game at CW. This is going to be quite a challenge for them. Unbelievable!

CWClassof2007

Central 9 Clovis North 0

I'd like to get a recap of what happened during this game.

gtshark1

5-4 CE. But they are pretty bad right?

Sixtynine

Clovis 7-1
Clovis West 7-1
Clovis North 4-4
Central 3-5
Buchanan 2-6
Clovis East 1-7

CWClassof2007

Quote from: gtshark1 on April 24, 2024, 08:57:28 PM5-4 CE. But they are pretty bad right?
Yep. The four errors by Clovis certainly helped out.

Crusader123

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 24, 2024, 07:51:47 PMCentral 9 Clovis North 0

I'd like to get a recap of what happened during this game.
From what I can tell, Central just came to play. Had 16 hits to CN's 4. Freshman for Central threw 6.2 innings of shutout ball.

gtshark1

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 24, 2024, 09:30:41 PMYep. The four errors by Clovis certainly helped out.
I hear you on contributing factors last night but with wins over Centennial, Stockdale and Liberty and now Clovis I think the Timmy Winn label is unjust. They may be a lower tier team in the TRAC but they are not a bad team.

gtshark1