News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

why do people hate Clovis West?

Started by flexmac3, March 02, 2011, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PITBOY

hsfan

I sure wish that htorres was still around to comment on this threat.It's a shame his old posts have been cleaned out!
For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

flexmac3

Bet ya if CW was in first, and your favorite TRAC schools is in Second, one behind CW, That school would be your friend

bksflddan

Quote from: flexmac3 on March 02, 2011, 01:10:37 PM
In  a thread there is banter about why everyone hates Clovis West.
For myself I"m against every school in the north valley, that's only because I'm a Bakersfield resident. 
When any central section school plays out of the section I'm then a CS fan.

used to be 180 vs the Drillers .... that's why VC's were stopped after 1956 ....
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

BuddyLee

Its simple.  The reason people hate Clovis West is the same reason people hate Duke basketball, the Yankees, the Patriots.  Its because they always win.  If you are from Clovis West you should take this as a compliment. 

Nobody hates the sorry teams.  Personally I usually root against Clovis West, but again its becuase they usually win and I am a fan of the underdog.

hsfan

I hate them because they wear our school colors that we came up with in 1922 ! :D
For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

izne1home

Quote from: hsfan on March 02, 2011, 09:02:27 PM
I sure wish that htorres was still around to comment on this threat.It's a shame his old posts have been cleaned out!

Remember the poem htorres wrote about me and CW?  It was a true work of art. 

hsfan

Quote from: izne1home on March 02, 2011, 10:34:31 PM

Of course I remember it --just may have been the best post ever on this site.
Airborne All The Way !

izne1home

Quote from: izne1home on March 02, 2011, 10:34:31 PM

Quote from: hsfan on March 02, 2011, 10:53:47 PM
Of course I remember it --just may have been the best post ever on this site.

Found it.

IZNE proclaims that envy drives the drivel on this thread,
Why else he says would section have-nots their worshipful postings dread.
Their noggins they are oversized and filled with self deceit,
but Gucci shoes and silken purses numb the sting of rare defeat.

Tis true that gold and silver line the splendid eagle nest,
Ensuring that their raptor warriors will not falter like the rest.
A football juggernaut renown their booster bucks create,
And yet their winning legacy engenders sentiments of hate.

They are unique and special, the program with the most,
And that's what irks that man from Sanger, the one they call THE GHOST.
Yes their coffers they are burgeoning, with mucho coins galore,
Creating anguish for their enemies when they look upon the score.

The CDUB football gene pool dines on caviar and brie,
While Farmersville and Lindsay hope for tacos a buck for three.
In Orange Cove the golden arches a pre-game meal provide,
While out at Teague and Millbrook the shrimp is eaten fried.

They are victorious bellows IZZY because of blue blood pedigree,
With progeny named Beau, Negrete, Brown and Jelmini.
Tigers, Bears, and T'wolves may pluck a feather from their breast,
But they will never don a coat that sports a family crest.

They are the mighty war birds the eagles of Clovis West,
Fomenting Envy everywhere because they are the BEST!
So haters of their dynasty to the hinterlands be gone,
And let the eagle faithful over numerous trophies fawn.

While those who glory has ignored do look upon with lust,
Their attitudes of self defeat and envy must adjust
If happiness and victory are what they so desire
Their eyes must fall upon themselves and off CW's empire.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: izne1home on March 02, 2011, 11:10:58 PM
Found it.

IZNE proclaims that envy drives the drivel on this thread,
Why else he says would section have-nots their worshipful postings dread.
Their noggins they are oversized and filled with self deceit,
but Gucci shoes and silken purses numb the sting of rare defeat.

Tis true that gold and silver line the splendid eagle nest,
Ensuring that their raptor warriors will not falter like the rest.
A football juggernaut renown their booster bucks create,
And yet their winning legacy engenders sentiments of hate.

They are unique and special, the program with the most,
And that's what irks that man from Sanger, the one they call THE GHOST.
Yes their coffers they are burgeoning, with mucho coins galore,
Creating anguish for their enemies when they look upon the score.

The CDUB football gene pool dines on caviar and brie,
While Farmersville and Lindsay hope for tacos a buck for three.
In Orange Cove the golden arches a pre-game meal provide,
While out at Teague and Millbrook the shrimp is eaten fried.

They are victorious bellows IZZY because of blue blood pedigree,
With progeny named Beau, Negrete, Brown and Jelmini.
Tigers, Bears, and T'wolves may pluck a feather from their breast,
But they will never don a coat that sports a family crest.

They are the mighty war birds the eagles of Clovis West,
Fomenting Envy everywhere because they are the BEST!
So haters of their dynasty to the hinterlands be gone,
And let the eagle faithful over numerous trophies fawn.

While those who glory has ignored do look upon with lust,
Their attitudes of self defeat and envy must adjust
If happiness and victory are what they so desire
Their eyes must fall upon themselves and off CW's empire.

That is classic!

flexmac3

Quote from: ssfootballNo1 on March 02, 2011, 05:35:38 PM
Just me petty but do you all realize that Clovis West is not in Clovis. It's located in an unincorporated part of Fresno.
So in essence, the hate for CW stretches across the North Valley (Fresno and Clovis)
So thats it, Clovis West is hated because it really is in fresno. Kinda like the  Los Angeles Angels of Aniheim.

Patron

"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

ballinup

maybe jealousy raising its head...I was in the CW gym recently and looked up at the banner for "Athletic Supremacy" and from 1982 to present they have won it almost every year...only four years in that time span have they not dominated !

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: BuddyLee on March 02, 2011, 10:28:07 PM
Its simple.  The reason people hate Clovis West is the same reason people hate Duke basketball, the Yankees, the Patriots.  Its because they always win.  If you are from Clovis West you should take this as a compliment. 
Its hard to find someone who hates Duke Basketball.  Seriously, they win a lot, but they and their fans do it the right way. Plus, they are only good at a few sports, and they suck in football.   Yankees, people hate the yankees because they spend MORE MONEY than anyone by a bazillion miles, have a distinct and totally unfair advantage over all but a handful of teams,  and most of the players they BUY are prima donnas that the working class and normal society dont realy relate too, and most of their fans(outside of the NY area)  are usually donkeys by another name.  Patriots, heck they have only had fans for the last 6-8 years because before tom brady, they didnt have any fans.

Which comparison best fits CW? 
]

hatesoftball

I hate CW, because of the defamation of the Bald Eagle. A Bald Eagle a symbol of our great country is Black and White. :)

Coach9

Black and White, when was the last time you saw a bald eagle?

closerthanyouthink

Actually, if you have ever had the pleasure of sitting next to a CW fan, or God forbid a parent, at an event involving any type of official or referee, it becomes very apparent, very quickly why CW is to be disliked. Apparently any call that goes against CW is made in error and needs to be corrected immediately or a great injustice has occurred. I've stated it before about CW: It's not the kids, it's everyone around them that leaves a bad smell behind.

The only opposing staff that has ever came up to me and apologized for their parents and fans behavior is a CW staff.

flexmac3

Quote from: closerthanyouthink on March 03, 2011, 11:22:41 AM
The only opposing staff that has ever came up to me and apologized for their parents and fans behavior is a CW staff.

And then that same CW staff takes all of their kids parents to dinner and thank them for their support.

knightsrule04

Quote from: closerthanyouthink on March 03, 2011, 11:22:41 AM
Actually, if you have ever had the pleasure of sitting next to a CW fan, or God forbid a parent, at an event involving any type of official or referee, it becomes very apparent, very quickly why CW is to be disliked. Apparently any call that goes against CW is made in error and needs to be corrected immediately or a great injustice has occurred. I've stated it before about CW: It's not the kids, it's everyone around them that leaves a bad smell behind.
Their boys soccer coach is EXACTLY like that.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

closerthanyouthink

QuoteThen that same CW staff takes all of their kids parents to dinner and thank them for their support.

As they should. Keep the money train flowing. Bottom line is that their coaches are sometimes embarrassed by the behaviour and arrogance of the CW supporter. We all have a business face that we display, it is not the same face that is displayed in the comfort of a fellow staff.

closerthanyouthink