News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Arax

Started by tru guru, September 21, 2023, 08:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironman45

Quote from: axel foley on September 22, 2023, 02:00:13 PM
right?? when the most glaring this is his record this season

their record is not too glaring....yes, 1-4 on the season. However, a few points away from being 4-1.

tru guru

Quote from: ironman45 on September 22, 2023, 02:05:40 PM
their record is not too glaring....yes, 1-4 on the season. However, a few points away from being 4-1.

They're young, and have played better since the debacle at Hanford.  If I were looking to make a coaching change, it's always much easier to do knowing that the new coach has talent coming back the following season.  The transition is much smoother when the new coach wins.

tru guru

Quote from: Darth Backer on September 22, 2023, 01:35:40 PM
Spoken like a true liberal...  :D

But all jokes aside, our country does have a "bigger problem". It's exactly what I said, easier to tear down than to build in the name of "equity".

Of course this is true.  It is much easier for a smart man to play dumb, for a rich man to appear poor, for a fast man to slow down, etc....than it is for the converse of each. It's the same reason they handicap fast horses instead of making the slow ones faster.  It's too hard. We do not provide, in any endeavor, the support to the "highs" in our society to go higher as we do to our "lows" to go upward. The hope is, that our lows climb to the mythical middle and the highs drop to the mythical middle, thereby achieving "equity". 

Joe Biden's entire economic policy is based on this.  He says "we are gonna build our economy from the bottom up and the middle out" He's not hiding it.  He wants a stagnant middle class whereby the poor advance to the middle, creating a giant middle class.  Oh wait, there won't be a middle.  Since everyone is now either rich or "middle", we have two classes.....rich and poor.  By the way, I'm a Liberal.  Teddy told me so last week.

anthilllegend

There's no question there are factions at work in FUSD that would love to see Bullard High School brought down to the cellar with the rest of the district. Bullard has been fighting a losing battle (for almost 4 decades).  This move just kicked one of the remaining supports out from under what was already a creaky foundation.  The Arax family were the pillars of Bullard pride.  Donnie was going to be gone sooner or later....but, watch how fast the decline will be.  The prior move was to get the conservative board member out that represented the area....the Knight are headed to a full blown chit show.  Darth got it right.....we level the playing field in this country (city in particular) by tearing something down.  It's too much work to raise all boats....it's a lot easier to sink a few....until they all look the same.  That's how the 4th biggest school district in the State of California will end up with no schools competing above D3.  The wave just rolled closer to Herndon Ave.  Where the hell are the sand bags!

The Anthilllegend

knightsrule04

I have no inside info on this - found out about it this morning with Pag's post. I'm stunned this happened in the middle of the season. The only justification for that would be something improper, which I find hard to believe. As someone else mentioned, this was expected to be a rebuilding year, so the record isn't a huge surprise (and it's nearly reversed). And unless there was a falling out, the AD and principal both coached under Arax, so it feels like it came from higher up. Now, he did have a lawsuit against FUSD that may have been settled recently; a friend who recently moved from teaching at Bullard (starting in the same year as Arax) to another district and had litigation against the FUSD himself told me he bets they settled the lawsuit and "then let the hammer down." Also, he said a purge has been going on in the district for some time. And he sent a link to a KMPH story about a "culture of retribution" at FUSD.

Just horrible that the district cares more about soothing the egos of the people at the top and bringing down better schools to the level they've let other school drop to. As the "Bullard Pride" organization and others were trying to do years ago, FUSD needs to be broken up into multiple better-run districts.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

Timmy Winn

If your theories are true then Tom Donald's days are numbered. He's got the best sports program in FUSD.

knightsrule04

Hearing on Pagmeter's Spaces chat on Twitter that the principal may indeed have been part of this decision and the thinly-veiled reason is the team's record this year. IF true and nothing else to the story, EXTREMELY disappointing and my opinion of him would be greatly affected (I had him as a student teacher my junior year at Bullard and have been friendly with him since). The situation sort of reminds me of the Bullard baseball program's downfall that begin with firing Mike Noakes after 1996 (which actually may have been justified); yes, they won the Valley in 1999 under Thiessen but got rid of him due to parent complaints (could have been a reason here too) and from 2000-2020 were largely a good-but-not-great program and even mediocre for stretches. The writing has been on the wall for Bullard as a whole for a while, and again, unless there's another underlying issue, no coach is going to be able to succeed for long stretches under the shadow of FUSD in the big sports.

Part of me expects lots of letters to the editor ripping FUSD for this, but another part knows how many Bullard people have dropped their subscriptions to the "Clovis" Bee and now wouldn't bother because they don't subscribe.

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

anthilllegend

Knightsrule, the Anthill is missing your reference to the Bee...as the "Clovis Bee."  The liberal rag known as the Fresno Bee has a distinct dislike for the City of Clovis and its conservative values.  The Bee has become a sounding board against all things Clovis, because they (Clovis) want to protect  their "way of life."  If anything a reference could be made about the publication...as the "Sacramento Bee."  The paper is no longer printed in Fresno and is severely under staffed at the Fresno end.  Most of its news....(by the time it reaches press) is two days old.  The Anthill....thinks your reference may be to the lack of HS sports coverage the Fresno Unified schools received in the Bee....during the 90's and early 2000's.  Well, Knightsrule....you'll happy to know, that the Bee has evened that discrepancy out...by hardly covering any athletic events.  The Bee has taken it's local "crack" reporting crew and placed most of it's focus on...new fast food restaurants coming to town, homeless rights (the Ant is sorry, meant unhoused), the celebration of the gay movement, the virtues of BLM and it's disdain for God, family and flag. Basically, Fresno is now the largest Metropolitan Area in the nation without a locally printed newspaper.  And, no one really misses it....especially the citizens in Clovis.

The Anthilllegend

izne1home

The lack of a locally printed newspaper might be a function of the fact that most Fresnans hold a FUSD diploma and cannot read proficiently. 

PipersPit4evr

Quote from: Timmy Winn on September 22, 2023, 01:29:34 PM
It's funny to watch you guys trip on yourselves to make this an indication of a bigger problem of how the country tears down things, or the school board extending its liberal agenda. Paranoid delusional types of take here. Maybe Donnie or his staff did something so egregious they had no choice, maybe he didn't have support of the right people, maybe he made the wrong enemies? I'm sure we will find out soon. It must be completely exhausting to assume there is some big conspiracy behind every single thing that happens.
Well that's odd, a liberal lecturing us on being exhausted because there is a conspiracy on every single thing that happens. Kinda of like liberals assuming everything is an act of racism. I'm with ya Brother (if I can call you that, you didn't include your preferred pronouns). Let's look at what the culture of FUSD did about a year ago when BLACK students in the weight room set up a white kid to take a picture with a "hood" over his face, then sent the picture out on social media, and oh my God, Arax is encouraging racism in his program. I know, let's get everybody all riled up and march in the streets and walk out of school. Let's not take a second and look at the ACTUAL facts, no no it had to be a blatant act of racism. So save the lecture about thinking everything is blown up.....lib.

axel foley

Quote from: anthilllegend on September 23, 2023, 08:38:09 AM
Knightsrule, the Anthill is missing your reference to the Bee...as the "Clovis Bee."  The liberal rag known as the Fresno Bee has a distinct dislike for the City of Clovis and its conservative values.  The Bee has become a sounding board against all things Clovis, because they (Clovis) want to protect  their "way of life."  If anything a reference could be made about the publication...as the "Sacramento Bee."  The paper is no longer printed in Fresno and is severely under staffed at the Fresno end.  Most of its news....(by the time it reaches press) is two days old.  The Anthill....thinks your reference may be to the lack of HS sports coverage the Fresno Unified schools received in the Bee....during the 90's and early 2000's.  Well, Knightsrule....you'll happy to know, that the Bee has evened that discrepancy out...by hardly covering any athletic events.  The Bee has taken it's local "crack" reporting crew and placed most of it's focus on...new fast food restaurants coming to town, homeless rights (the Ant is sorry, meant unhoused), the celebration of the gay movement, the virtues of BLM and it's disdain for God, family and flag. Basically, Fresno is now the largest Metropolitan Area in the nation without a locally printed newspaper.  And, no one really misses it....especially the citizens in Clovis.

The Anthilllegend
clovis-conservative values. wth

axel foley

Quote from: PipersPit4evr on September 23, 2023, 09:50:22 AM
Well that's odd, a liberal lecturing us on being exhausted because there is a conspiracy on every single thing that happens. Kinda of like liberals assuming everything is an act of racism. I'm with ya Brother (if I can call you that, you didn't include your preferred pronouns). Let's look at what the culture of FUSD did about a year ago when BLACK students in the weight room set up a white kid to take a picture with a "hood" over his face, then sent the picture out on social media, and oh my God, Arax is encouraging racism in his program. I know, let's get everybody all riled up and march in the streets and walk out of school. Let's not take a second and look at the ACTUAL facts, no no it had to be a blatant act of racism. So save the lecture about thinking everything is blown up.....lib.
lay off the red bull hoss

Timmy Winn

Take this for what it is worth but I heard that they didn't even give Arax the reasoning behind the change and instead told him they will let him know on Monday. It's from someone connected to the party that actually delivered the news to Arax. So it's second hand but extremely credible.

Timmy Winn

Quote from: knightsrule04 on September 22, 2023, 11:23:17 PM
Hearing on Pagmeter's Spaces chat on Twitter that the principal may indeed have been part of this decision and the thinly-veiled reason is the team's record this year. IF true and nothing else to the story, EXTREMELY disappointing and my opinion of him would be greatly affected (I had him as a student teacher my junior year at Bullard and have been friendly with him since). The situation sort of reminds me of the Bullard baseball program's downfall that begin with firing Mike Noakes after 1996 (which actually may have been justified); yes, they won the Valley in 1999 under Thiessen but got rid of him due to parent complaints (could have been a reason here too) and from 2000-2020 were largely a good-but-not-great program and even mediocre for stretches. The writing has been on the wall for Bullard as a whole for a while, and again, unless there's another underlying issue, no coach is going to be able to succeed for long stretches under the shadow of FUSD in the big sports.

Part of me expects lots of letters to the editor ripping FUSD for this, but another part knows how many Bullard people have dropped their subscriptions to the "Clovis" Bee and now wouldn't bother because they don't subscribe.

It was NOT the Principal's decision. He is a supporter of Arax.

knightsrule04

Quote from: anthilllegend on September 23, 2023, 08:38:09 AM

The Anthilllegend
Yeah I haven't read the Bee in a few years (still held a digital sub until 2021 or so even though I moved to Texas in 2016). The term absolutely stems from mainly sports coverage beginning in the 90s with the "white flight" and extending to a few years ago when their newsroom was pared down. The sports and education news largely praised Clovis and ignored or bashed FUSD, unless Bullard or Edison had some state or national ranking - and even so they would miss a Bullard athlete named All-State by Cal-Hi from time to time while recognizing CUSD athletes in the same list. News about Bullard upsetting a Clovis school in playoffs would usually be buried (see the 2005 baseball playoffs where 8 seed Bullard upset 1 seed Clovis - the second-straight year Bullard went to Clovis and ended their season after they had won 3 consecutive titles). Or the language used would be inconsistent, such as Clovis North beating Bullard in the playoffs at McLane in 2013 - something like "Broncos annihilate Bullard" (to be fair, at 35-0, it was a beatdown) - then just TWO WEEKS LATER CN loses by MORE than that (60-21 apparently) to Bakersfield...no such strong language used.

Now, I realize much of this coverage was from or influenced by a certain longtime reporter (I'll refrain from passing along the imagery I have when his name comes to mind) who, for much of the last decade-plus of his career was the main/only HS reporter on staff and was still (imagery) CUSD after his retirement - see his Twitter post in 2021 with a picture of Clovis's softball coach and the caption "Surely would have won another ring last year"...nevermind that Clovis had lost before the finals in 2019 and both finalists had DI-signed pitchers returning. Still doesn't make it acceptable, and I'm of the opinion that it helped push families to Clovis and strengthened CUSD while weakening FUSD.

Timmy Winn

We need CIFglobalist in this thread....

knightsrule04

Quote from: Timmy Winn on September 23, 2023, 10:46:04 AM
Take this for what it is worth but I heard that they didn't even give Arax the reasoning behind the change and instead told him they will let him know on Monday. It's from someone connected to the party that actually delivered the news to Arax. So it's second hand but extremely credible.
That's a ridiculous move, if true.

knightsrule04

Quote from: Timmy Winn on September 23, 2023, 10:49:23 AM
It was NOT the Principal's decision. He is a supporter of Arax.
Thinking back, Nick said the administration was "soft". So maybe more of letting parents overrun things or not standing up to a district administrator who wanted Arax out.

izne1home

If a coach has the school admin's support, who in the public school system has the authority to relieve a football coach of his duties without being fired as an employee?

anthilllegend

Axel.....yes, Clovis is one of the more conservative enclaves left in the valley.  Like the rest of the state...the valley is becoming more and more liberal as the demographics change.  Clovis Unified (once a conservative flag carrier amongst state districts)....is slowly suffering at the hands of a thousand liberal paper-cuts.  Fresno was once named the least educated metropolitan area in the nation....and there are liberals in the state/Fresno that would love to see Clovis and it's school district ghetto-fied and dragged down as well.  Izne, was spot on....what good does it do to have a top flight local news paper...if 75-80% of the local school district isn't proficient in reading  (even less are proficient in math).  Eventually, even Clovis Unified will eventually succumb to the lack of mastery....as all standards are lowered in the name of inclusion and acceptance.  That's the battle plan of liberal America....continue to the lower the standards (so that everyone can be in the club).  The Anthill, prefers a community built on meritocracy and standards that encourage all to reach and achieve (no matter who they are).  Fresno Unified (and the City) quit reaching years a go.  One would think with all the technological advancement of the last 25 years, that an area like (Fresno) would advance with the surge.  But drive through the town below Herndon and ask yourself..is the city better off than it was in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's.  Any rational thinking person, would struggle to find evidence that would support a positive response. 

The Anthilllegend

anthilllegend