News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Murder Charges for Fentanyl Dealer

Started by izne1home, October 19, 2022, 09:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallGuy

Quote from: TeddyKGB on January 17, 2024, 02:39:48 PMwhy would those that currently participate in the illegal trade start paying taxes if the risk remains the same?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean all involved?

If citizens who want to do drugs can buy from a legal dispensary versus a dealer, I'd hope they choose that route, knowing they will have the drugs they actually want versus something that is laced with fentanyl. It'll never happen, but I doubt the downside of this is any worse than what is currently happening now.

BallGuy

Quote from: izne1home on December 06, 2022, 12:02:02 PMI saw a news conference last night about legislation that would enhance the penalty for dealing fentanyl.

As it is, fentanyl charges are based on felony heroin weights.  Pound for pound, fentanyl is much more lethal, so a dealer can have enough fentanyl to kill several people, be charged with a misdemeanor, and be released the same day. 

And here I am demanding the death sentence...

Bringing this thread back to life-
Fentanyl is an incredible drug that is the most effective substance that doctors can prescribe. Primarily when it is in the operating room. Somehow, someway, it's getting into the hands of peeps that have no business ever handling it. Slippery slope, and something needs to be done. I think change is coming from a legal standpoint, but just like crypto has taken a long time for SEC to catch up, it inevitably will. Problem is, many will die waiting for the right legislation to come.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: BallGuy on January 18, 2024, 09:05:58 AMI'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean all involved?

If citizens who want to do drugs can buy from a legal dispensary versus a dealer, I'd hope they choose that route, knowing they will have the drugs they actually want versus something that is laced with fentanyl. It'll never happen, but I doubt the downside of this is any worse than what is currently happening now.

No I mean that people that are in the illegal drug trade would not go the tax paying above board route, that's crazy to believe why would they start paying taxes suddenly? They are all ready criminals why would they stop

BallGuy

Quote from: TeddyKGB on January 19, 2024, 03:16:06 PMNo I mean that people that are in the illegal drug trade would not go the tax paying above board route, that's crazy to believe why would they start paying taxes suddenly? They are all ready criminals why would they stop

Money. They'd be losing more money from customers who can buy it legally to not get involved. Look what has happened to weed. Same principle

TeddyKGB

I have to disagree, "working girls" are legal in some parts of Nevada and yet izne chooses to go with the illegal method, according to him you can haggle and there is a bigger rush when you skirt the law

izne1home

Legalized 'working girls' are good for the majority of the population, but for guys with refined tastes like me, you need access to the secret menu... 

As for fentanyl dealers, does anybody remember the movie Wedlock?  We can start wars with the suppliers, or we can start from the bottom up and execute the distributors.  The latter, by fitting dealers with a wedlock collar and sending him back out on the streets, would be far more effective and entertaining.   

izne1home