News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Buchanan News

Started by Old man scout, June 07, 2023, 01:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CleverUserName

Quote from: tru guru on June 08, 2023, 10:37:44 PM
Gambrell will be "Director of Co-Curricular" which is a bit more involved than District AD. 

To say that "Buchanan will always be Buchanan" is pretty presumptuous in this transfer era.  Especially with JD at Clovis High.  The portal is open, dude.  Especially for lower level kids who won't have to sit out at the varsity level.  Losing Gambrell is gonna hurt.  He smoothed over a lot of shady crap that helped "Buchanan be Buchanan" over the years.

Losing Gambrell is addition by subtraction!  He's a clown

tru guru

Quote from: CleverUserName on August 24, 2023, 10:13:49 AM
Losing Gambrell is addition by subtraction!  He's a clown

Sure,  But much like Bozo, he was a successful one.  Helluva run on his watch. 

CleverUserName

Quote from: tru guru on August 25, 2023, 02:43:37 PM
Sure,  But much like Bozo, he was a successful one.  Helluva run on his watch.

That may be, but the scandals erase all respect for him as a human.

Timmy Winn

I heard CHS welcomed a few transfers from Buchanan yesterday. It's going to be interesting to see what happens at BHS. The early word that I've heard is mixed...and truly more negative than positive. This is going to be a fun season.

Governor

Quote from: Timmy Winn on January 10, 2024, 12:49:16 PMI heard CHS welcomed a few transfers from Buchanan yesterday. It's going to be interesting to see what happens at BHS. The early word that I've heard is mixed...and truly more negative than positive. This is going to be a fun season.

Which CHS?

BallGuy

Sixtynine

Quote from: Timmy Winn on January 10, 2024, 12:49:16 PMI heard CHS welcomed a few transfers from Buchanan yesterday. It's going to be interesting to see what happens at BHS. The early word that I've heard is mixed...and truly more negative than positive. This is going to be a fun season.

Buchanan has had 5 varsity players (starting caliber) leave the program and numerous lower level players leave as well. More varsity players may leave from what I've been told.

Can't wait to share my thoughts on that place when the time is right
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Timmy Winn

Quote from: Sixtynine on January 11, 2024, 08:24:03 AMBuchanan has had 5 varsity players (starting caliber) leave the program and numerous lower level players leave as well. More varsity players may leave from what I've been told.

Wow I didn't know it was 5 potential starters. That's a huge number.

BallGuy

Quote from: Sixtynine on January 11, 2024, 08:24:03 AMBuchanan has had 5 varsity players (starting caliber) leave the program and numerous lower level players leave as well. More varsity players may leave from what I've been told.

Would love to hear it!

CleverUserName

Please do!

tru guru

Quote from: tru guru on June 08, 2023, 10:37:44 PMGambrell will be "Director of Co-Curricular" which is a bit more involved than District AD. 

To say that "Buchanan will always be Buchanan" is pretty presumptuous in this transfer era.  Especially with JD at Clovis High.  The portal is open, dude. Especially for lower level kids who won't have to sit out at the varsity level.  Losing Gambrell is gonna hurt.  He smoothed over a lot of shady crap that helped "Buchanan be Buchanan" over the years. 

I don't often quote myself, except when arguing with my wife, but you were warned.....

BallGuy

Quote from: tru guru on January 19, 2024, 11:35:45 AMI don't often quote myself, except when arguing with my wife, but you were warned.....

Lol, we have always said JD is the best recruiter in the section...Makes sense he'd be making a splash with a coaching change at Buchanan.

CWClassof2007

Can't say I hate seeing Buchanan getting a taste of their own medicine.

HS Harry

How long do we have to wait until we get to hear the juice?
Chazz Michael Michaels IS figure skating

BallGuy

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on January 26, 2024, 12:41:47 PMCan't say I hate seeing Buchanan getting a taste of their own medicine.

I mean, seems like that medicine has been going around for awhile, and they're not the only ones taking it.

BallGuy