News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Mt Whitney Head Coach

Started by Old man scout, July 28, 2023, 09:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old man scout

Congratulations recently graduated Bulldog Payton Allen on being named the new Head Coach at Mt Whitney.

Backstop

Quote from: Old man scout on July 28, 2023, 09:51:21 PM
Congratulations recently graduated Bulldog Payton Allen on being named the new Head Coach at Mt Whitney.

I hadn't heard Coach Yockey left the program.  Is the rest of the staff still at Whitney?

RoyHobbs

Quote from: Backstop on July 29, 2023, 06:18:51 AMI hadn't heard Coach Yockey left the program.  Is the rest of the staff still at Whitney?

Yeah, Yockey is still teaching. 

tru guru

Heard Yockey was forced out so they could give the job to Jody's kid. Speaking as a Clovis guy, I always thought Whitney and Redwood played hard and were well coached.  I don't get this move if the reasoning I heard is true.

RoyHobbs

Quote from: tru guru on January 10, 2024, 11:41:02 AMHeard Yockey was forced out so they could give the job to Jody's kid. Speaking as a Clovis guy, I always thought Whitney and Redwood played hard and were well coached.  I don't get this move if the reasoning I heard is true.

Yockey wasn't forced out to get Payton the job, but he was definitely in the cross hairs of one of the Whitney admin.  Nick wanted to stick around for a few more years, but this person made the job so unpleasant that he chose to retire early.

RoyHobbs