News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Colburn to Saints!!

Started by Ballcoach, July 25, 2011, 09:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballcoach

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Mr. Ryan Colburn will be joining the Saints for camp this year!!   :u:  Just read the news on his FB page today.

Certainly wish him and all our bulldogs the best of luck!

ilovefootball

Fingers crossed he doesn't get cut!

Its funny how people hate him when he does bad at Fresno State and ride him when he goes pro. RIDICULOUS!! Stop being a fair weather fan.
WORLD

gnoix

:) I really think Colburn is a game manager but I dont think he will be that good. He isn't horrible but he isnt the best.

diesel

Quote from: ilovefootball on July 25, 2011, 11:49:08 PM
Fingers crossed he doesn't get cut!

Its funny how people hate him when he does bad at Fresno State and ride him when he goes pro. RIDICULOUS!! Stop being a fair weather fan.

He is a valley kid so why not give the kid a little encouragement instead of ripping on him?  Good luck Ryan!  Make the valley proud!

ilovefootball

I'm saying everyone rips on him at Fresno State when he has a bad game and hate him, but when he has a try-out or an NFL team they all ride him. Interesting.
WORLD

Spazzilla

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

diesel

Colburn went to CVC in Visalia but does anyone know where he "would" have gone to school had he chosen to attend a public school?  Just curious.....

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: diesel on July 26, 2011, 03:37:05 PM
Colburn went to CVC in Visalia but does anyone know where he "would" have gone to school had he chosen to attend a public school?  Just curious.....

TU?

diesel

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on July 26, 2011, 03:53:04 PM
TU?

LOL!  I don't think so......My guess is one of the Visalia schools.....I was just wondering which one......

Ballcoach

I believe he was either in the Redwood or GW district.  Can't remember which one but I know it was one of those 2.  Probably GW now that I think about it more.

IloveFB- i hope your fairweather fan comment about Ryan wasn't directed towards me....I am pretty fond of the kid especially since I had the opportunity to coach him for 2 years over at CVC. 

Soaring Eagle

All I know is Ryan is getting the chance to go to the next level...  that is AWESOME, no matter who you are!  Good Luck to Ryan!!   :u:
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

diesel

Quote from: Ballcoach on July 26, 2011, 05:46:17 PM
I believe he was either in the Redwood or GW district.  Can't remember which one but I know it was one of those 2.  Probably GW now that I think about it more.

IloveFB- i hope your fairweather fan comment about Ryan wasn't directed towards me....I am pretty fond of the kid especially since I had the opportunity to coach him for 2 years over at CVC. 

Gotta root for the kid!  Good luck, Ryan!!!

ilovefootball

Quote from: Ballcoach on July 26, 2011, 05:46:17 PM

NO. I'm talking about the general fans, but I can see where it looks like it directed towards you, my bad.
WORLD

diesel

Quote from: ilovefootball on July 26, 2011, 06:30:52 PM
NO. I'm talking about the general fans, but I can see where it looks like it directed towards you, my bad.

I get what you're saying because there have been many posters on here who were critical of Ryan at FSU......a lot of that comes from fans who wanted to see little Carr get in there and do his thing.......another valley product.  Now we can all root for BOTH of them!  ;)

ilovefootball

WORLD

OriginalCVFan

I had a chance to meet this fine young man and have a 10 minute 1:1 discussion about life, christianity, football, recruiting, etc.

The man is a gem among gems.  If only all young men were this level headed, the world would be a much better place.  Ryan has done more with the god given abilities than anyone could imagine, and he has done it with hard work, determination, intelligence, etc. 

He may suprise us all.  I hope so.  8)
]

izne1home

That's obvious.  CW.

flexmac3

Quote from: izne1home on July 27, 2011, 05:35:22 PM
That's obvious.  CW.
Thanks IZNE, that why CW is so hated :D

Soaring Eagle

Quote from: flexmac3 on July 27, 2011, 07:08:08 PM
Thanks IZNE, that why CW is so hated :D

IZ just had the cajones to say what everyone else was already thinking...   ;)

Can I say 'cajones' on here?!   :shock:
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

BigDawg79

Probably GW.  His older brother played for GW, and was a decent athlete who was really overlooked by the coaching staff.  I know this frustrated their dad and I'm sure helped sway the decision to leave Ryan (who was already attending elementary school there) at CVC through high school.

BigDawg79