News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Rolando Jefferson (link)

Started by Quinntheeskimo, August 02, 2011, 05:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG SKIN

Thanks for the link...I'll print out the article and post it on my boys message board....I have several stories like this posted there with big letters....GET THE GRADES....AND GET IN THE GAME.
Poor people have voted DEMOCRAT for the last 50 years.....GUESS what....they are STILL POOR.

flexmac3

Quote from: BIG SKIN on August 02, 2011, 06:03:20 PM
Thanks for the link...I'll print out the article and post it on my boys message board....I have several stories like this posted there with big letters....GET THE GRADES....AND GET IN THE GAME.
Skin put those out,  please send those articles out to us, so we can post on our kids boards.
Like that slogan. My son gets complacent at times, He went to summer school and was on pace to get an A in his math class, but receieved a B.
What bother me about his B, was that he relaxed, and didnt go for an A. 

Coach9

Good stuff Quinn, thanks.  :u:

jeraf

Quote from: BIG SKIN on August 02, 2011, 06:03:20 PM

I like that, "GET THE GRADES...AND GET IN THE GAME".  So many good kids with talent were lost on grades. Good to see that someone is striving to turn that around. 

BIG SKIN

Quote from: jeraf on August 02, 2011, 07:07:13 PM
I like that, "GET THE GRADES...AND GET IN THE GAME".  So many good kids with talent were lost on grades. Good to see that someone is striving to turn that around. 
grades are one thing that costs ZERO to get for a kid.....meaning...no matter how rich or poor there are ZERO excuses for not getting the most out of what your guaranteed. 1/6of your life is spent in free public education.....yet it affects 100% of your life. So make the most of that 1/6 and it will make the most for you.
My boy may NEVER get a shot at a D1 school.....but it wont be for lack of effort.
Poor people have voted DEMOCRAT for the last 50 years.....GUESS what....they are STILL POOR.

Love TheFn Game

was jefferson a hs senior in 2007 or 2008? dont fool yourself three are still some issues here, 4 or 5 years to gain NCAA eligibility! kind of validates the edison grade scandal, something was wrong, no matter who took the hit.

izne1home

2009.  Bumped around and finally settled at COS.  He's doing it on his own now and gaining momentum.  I wish him nothing but success. 

Sixtynine

Hopefully he keeps his options open
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

OriginalCVFan

Great Article.  Hope he does well. 

So after this year, he will have 3 years of eligibility left?
]

Quinntheeskimo

Quote from: Love TheFn Game on August 02, 2011, 10:50:30 PM
was jefferson a hs senior in 2007 or 2008? dont fool yourself three are still some issues here, 4 or 5 years to gain NCAA eligibility! kind of validates the edison grade scandal, something was wrong, no matter who took the hit.
And those issues would be?

Just_A_Fan

Glad the young man his focus where it needs to be and is getting good grades.  If he gets his AA and goes to Oregon, sure hope he remembers the grades there as well.  They will serve him long after football is a fond memory.  Wish him the best of luck.

Quinntheeskimo

Still waiting for your reply on the "issues."

ilovefootball

The BEST WR IN HIGH SCHOOL IVE EVER SEEN! HANDS DOWN!
WORLD

Scotty2Hooty

Rolando Jefferson could be the best WR that hit high school and JV.  I think the kid needs more mentoring in life so he can be the best ever to play the game at WR.   :u:

Love TheFn Game

quinn, there is only one reason the scandal at edison got out of hand and it's the same reason that a 2009 HS grad (?) is still looking to get NCAA eligible for a 2012 or 13 recruiting class.  It was his attendance, it's not his intellegence,the kid doesn't always make the bell in the mourning.  No one really knows what the grade problem was, but his attendance record was made public knowledge and 60+ truancies in one semter is rediculous, that's 12 weeks of schools missed and he was still getting some passing grades. there were issues, for you to deny that is a sad.  if there was not a situation the #3 ranked wr in the nation would have committed like 95% of the rest of the 2009 class and he would not have been tossed off the roster at the last minute of the Army all american game if everything was cool.

kevryan

dont fool yourself three are still some issues here

Still some issues? This kid messed up in the past and apparently is maturing and getting his act together and you want to take unsubstantiated pot shots at him?

Quinntheeskimo

Quote from: Love TheFn Game on August 04, 2011, 11:55:35 AM
quinn, there is only one reason the scandal at edison got out of hand and it's the same reason that a 2009 HS grad (?) is still looking to get NCAA eligible for a 2012 or 13 recruiting class.  It was his attendance, it's not his intellegence,the kid doesn't always make the bell in the mourning.  No one really knows what the grade problem was, but his attendance record was made public knowledge and 60+ truancies in one semter is rediculous, that's 12 weeks of schools missed and he was still getting some passing grades. there were issues, for you to deny that is a sad.  if there was not a situation the #3 ranked wr in the nation would have committed like 95% of the rest of the 2009 class and he would not have been tossed off the roster at the last minute of the Army all american game if everything was cool.
First you post 2007 or 2008.  Now you post 2009.  Truth is, you don't know.  You don't know what went down.  You have no idea of the obstacles this kid has faced but you feel free to cast negative aspersions.  You strike me as the type that, after the battle was over, you'd walk down out of the woods and shoot the wounded.

Ken Kaniff

Quote from: Love TheFn Game on August 04, 2011, 11:55:35 AM

from your spelling it looks like you missed a few english classes at de la salle!

d1hopkins

great article, i hope mr.jefferson keep up the good work in the classroom, tremendous talent hate to see that go to waste. even if he dont make it in football having a college degree will speak volumes in itself

d1hopkins