News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Tee Shepard

Started by eartotheground, May 28, 2012, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eartotheground

Haven't heard much about where the T-Sheperd show stops next.  I'm guessing it's COS.  WUHS, Central back to the Union, then to Notre Dame, and now maybe a JC?  Seems if he was eligible to play next year we would have already heard the announcement. Unless, he has been declared ineligible by the NCAA to play at a D1 university in 2012.  If he enrolled at Notre Dame with 12 or more units, his clock started in January.  Maybe he has decided once again to sit another year out, making it 1/2 a year of football played four seasons.  We will probably never get the whole story on T, but obviously there are issues that do not pertain to the football playing end of this.  Anyone heard anything?

eartotheground

OriginalCVFan

Funny you mention this, because it was posted recently in Notre Dame blogs that Tee Shephard is running around SEC country this week visiting schools.

USC blogs have reporeted that due to his inability to play for a year, they didnt want to use a very limited scholarship. 

ALL reports are that Tee and his dad BOTH have backed off the heart ailment story and have said there is NO Medical problem and they are clear(in a few Scout and Rivals reports) 

]

OriginalCVFan

]

Lock down DB

I just read Shepard left Notre Dame and is back in fresno. considering Fresno St? any one have 411??

Lock down DB

valleynative

OriginalCVFan

I know he isnt in college.  He also isnt in HS.  However, shouldnt this be in the College/Pro section?
]

OriginalCVFan

]

bigfan

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

bigfan

OriginalCVFan

I know theres lots of interest, at lots of places, dont know of 'offers' and any details.  The kid will do fine, as long as he does the right things. 
]

OriginalCVFan

]

eartotheground

All the D1 universities have reported for summer weight training and conditioning and still no T sightings.  Still weighing those options?

eartotheground

flexmac3

Quote from: eartotheground on June 16, 2012, 09:30:15 AM
All the D1 universities have reported for summer weight training and conditioning and still no T sightings.  Still weighing those options?
This kid needs to be in a college this fall, I don't care where he goes, at this point, I don't care if he plays football, go get your education, you're going to need it.

I'm confused by this situation, because I don't feel it takes that long to decide on which college is going to pay for your education to play a game.

If you are that confused, I say go play football for a Junior College for a year.

flexmac3

CWClassof2007

Quote from: flexmac3 on June 16, 2012, 11:31:17 AM
This kid needs to be in a college this fall, I don't care where he goes, at this point, I don't care if he plays football, go get your education, you're going to need it.

I'm confused by this situation, because I don't feel it takes that long to decide on which college is going to pay for your education to play a game.

If you are that confused, I say go play football for a Junior College for a year.

Considering it took him multiple times to figure out what high school he wanted to go to this shouldn't surprise anyone.

CWClassof2007

OriginalCVFan

Nothing to be confused about.

TShephard was not going to be eligible to play for NCAA school this fall, unless it was DIAA, or lower, due to his enrollment and then disenrollment at Notre Dame.    ALthough there were valiant efforts to get around that RULE, by trying to utillize an "EXCEPTION" clause,  for those that knew the rule, and know how the ncaa works, there was little, if any, chance of that happening.  They did give it a try though.  The NCAA is MUCH more detailed and thorough than Mr. Crichlow of the CIF is, and we all know how that situaiton worked out in HS too. 

Due to this, the top end schools that the young man wants to play football at, have all decided not to waste a schollie for a year to get him into the school and on the roster, only to have him sit a year.  Hence, he is in the situation he is in. I dont even know if Fresno State was willing to do it either, with all the disinformation that always runs rampant in the PR world.

]

OriginalCVFan

]

valleyfbfan

Have I missed where he is transferring to? Houston? FCC? COS? ???

valleyfbfan

bigfan

Take a look again at "Rudy" there in is your answer.

bigfan

IceL

I've been thinking the same thing.
Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

IceL

Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

bigfan

Go to "College & Pros"

bigfan

valleyfbfan

So, nobody knows where is or where he is going to play?  I read the posts in the other discussion and they are not very informative either.

valleyfbfan

CWClassof2007

Quote from: valleyfbfan on June 20, 2012, 01:08:46 PM
So, nobody knows where is or where he is going to play?  I read the posts in the other discussion and they are not very informative either.

It doesn't sound like he's playing anywhere this year and that includes JCs. He's going to have to sit out this season if the goes to a D1(FBS) school.

CWClassof2007

Soaring Eagle

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on June 20, 2012, 01:33:27 PM
It doesn't sound like he's playing anywhere this year and that includes JCs. He's going to have to sit out this season if the goes to a D1(FBS) school.

Makes one wonder... How good of a school will he get to contact him, after not playing for two years.  I am sure some school will be willing to take a chance, but a whole brand new class of kids will be available, who have been playing and no 'rust' from not stepping on the field for so long.
One needs very good eyes if you are going to soar high above your prey!

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

Soaring Eagle

Threads Hijacked to Date:   2    (Verify with the master of tread hijacking IZ, if you don't believe me!)

diesel

Maybe he's just gonna wait for the draft...... ;)

diesel

dlion

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey!

dlion

OriginalCVFan

doesnt TEE SHEPHARD need to define Tee SHephard first? :shock:
]

OriginalCVFan

]

dlion

I know who jon galt is, but i dont know no tee shepard

dlion

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: dlion on June 21, 2012, 02:04:03 PM
I know who jon galt is, but i dont know no tee shepard

Someone who reads Ayn Rand says  "i dont know no"       AGGGHHHHHHH DLION, u r killing me
]

OriginalCVFan

]

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 23, 2012, 06:35:39 AM
Someone who reads Ayn Rand says  "i dont know no"       AGGGHHHHHHH DLION, u r killing me

lmao

Just_A_Fan

dlion

I was combining a reference to atlas shrugged and a line from Lonsome dove spoken by ROSCOE BROWN  while searching for July Johnson while searching for Jake Spoon.   Just having fun with the Kings English. 

I still don't know this Mr. T and now I don't know this IMAO thing?????   Somebody help me!

dlion

valleyfbfan

valleyfbfan

dlion

thank you for that.

IMAO ?????   my pop culture is rusty.

dlion

Coach Hurd

That was months ago. Tee is doing well.

Coach Hurd

Love TheFn Game

"That was months ago. Tee is doing well."

Coach you seem to be on the inside of this, just exactly what is T "doing well" at?

Love TheFn Game

Coach Hurd

Not mine to say, I'll leave it at, he is ok with where he is in his life right now.

Coach Hurd

budha46

Quote from: Coach Hurd on June 25, 2012, 10:20:34 AM
Not mine to say, I'll leave it at, he is ok with where he is in his life right now.

Is he going to play football or is he done?

budha46

gimmebball

Latest per Guy on ESPN 1430 - Tee headed to COS. Said it looks like he may play in the fall. I guess we'll know in a month or so.

gimmebball

Soaring Eagle

Quote from: gimmebball on June 26, 2012, 04:58:03 PM
Latest per Guy on ESPN 1430 - Tee headed to COS. Said it looks like he may play in the fall. I guess we'll know in a month or so.

I guess we know now...  The Fresno Bee confirmed it this morning with an article in the sports section.

Soaring Eagle

OriginalCVFan

SOrry, thought that was always a given.  Sitting a year and losing eligibility(if he went to an NCAA institution), or playing a year at JC while burning a year of eligibility.  Playing is better than sitting. 
]

OriginalCVFan

]

izne1home

izne1home

flexmac3

Quote from: izne1home on June 29, 2012, 09:55:24 AM
Why COS?
With Shepard at COS now, doesnt he stay at COS until he gets his AA degree?
If ND did not release Shepard, he would still be bound to ND until he earned his AA?

flexmac3

OriginalCVFan

He didnt have to be 'released'.     That hasnt been the problem.  In fact, that is why he isnt at the school any longer.   If he leaves of his own accord, he needs to be 'released'.   If he leaves of the schools choosing, then.....that would be considered the 'release'  Still needs to sit a year.
]

OriginalCVFan

]

izne1home

Quote from: flexmac3 on June 29, 2012, 10:05:22 AM
With Shepard at COS now, doesnt he stay at COS until he gets his AA degree?
If ND did not release Shepard, he would still be bound to ND until he earned his AA?

I get why he's playing JC ball, I'm just curious why he chose COS.  California is a hot bed of JC football.  

izne1home

The Eye in the Sky

Quote from: izne1home on June 29, 2012, 10:09:56 AM
I get why he's playing JC ball, I'm just curious why he chose COS.  California is a hot bed of JC football.  

I ask myself the same question. There have been quite a few "Highly Recruited" players that land at COS, or go to a D1 school and end up at COS the following year. Doesn't seem to help them in the wins and loss department though.
Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

The Eye in the Sky

Coach- " So they're gonna let you run the ball this year huh."
Player-" If they wanna win they will."

flexmac3

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 29, 2012, 10:09:07 AM
He didnt have to be 'released'.     That hasnt been the problem.  In fact, that is why he isnt at the school any longer.   If he leaves of his own accord, he needs to be 'released'.   If he leaves of the schools choosing, then.....that would be considered the 'release'  Still needs to sit a year.
I get that, my question was, is Shepard bound to ND for next year as well? And/or is he bound to ND until he gets his A.A. degree?

flexmac3

ncn

Quote from: Lock down DB on June 03, 2012, 09:25:56 PM
I just read Shepard left Notre Dame and is back in fresno. considering Fresno St? any one have 411??
According to the Fresno Bee, Shepard will be playing for COS this season.

ncn

flexmac3

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on June 30, 2012, 07:57:08 AM
IF he leaves of his own accord OR he leaves because he got kicked out, either way, he has no ties to NOTRE DAME. 

However, the contract he signed was with the NCAA, and the NCAA says he has to sit a year.     
OCVF, I'm not asking about sitting out a year. Im asking about the scholarship agreement that Shepard sign with ND, even when he sits a year, will he still be tied to ND.  Sheperd would have to be released from his scholarship.

If he left for a JC without a release, he would still be tied to ND until he got his A degree.

Its been a while, but back in the day, if a kid sign with school A, and then had a change of heart and decided to transfer to a JC, and next year, the kid then wanted to sign for a scholarship at school B, the kid would still be bound to school A, because of the scholarship agreement he signed with school A.

However, once the kid earned his AA degree, he could sign with any college of his choice.

Shepard may end up playing two years at COS.

flexmac3

redwings

Quote from: flexmac3 on June 30, 2012, 09:31:58 AM
OCVF, I'm not asking about sitting out a year. Im asking about the scholarship agreement that Shepard sign with ND, even when he sits a year, he is still will be tied to ND. Sheperd would have to be released from his scholarship.

If he left for a JC without a release, he would still be tied to ND until he got his A degree.

Its been a while, but back in the day, if a kid sign with school A, and then had a change of heart and decided to transfer to a JC, and next year, the kid then wanted to sign for a scholarship at school B, the kid would still be bound to school A, because of the scholarship agreement he signed with school A.

However, once the kid earned his AA degree, he could sign with any college of his choice.

Shepard may end up playing two years at COS.
No he can leave after a year, but only if he was an academic qualifier out of HS. But I don't know that situation, do if his academics aren't straight he will have to get his AA.

redwings

Love TheFn Game

Somebody help me out.  Was it my imagination or did I hear the Pag Meter say that T Shepard is not going to play football again this year.  I thought he said that the COS thing is off.  Who is this kids getting advice from?  It's almost like he's never  plays in anything but a 7 on 7 camp of an all-star game.  Definitely one of the most abnormal football careers I've ever heard of, if you want to call 1/2 a season football a career.  I guess you have to give the kid some credit, and his entourage too.  They have milked 5 game of football into a 4 year recruiting extravaganza.  So is he playing or not!

Love TheFn Game

OriginalCVFan

Last 2 weeks, there has been RAMPANT discussion on the Notre Dame Boards about the possibility of Tee Shephard.  Seems Tee twitted, Flitted, twitterpated, about wanting to go back to ND, then people started going nuts.  Friend of mine played ND football in the late 70's, and has been active in keeping me posted on the inside NOTRE DAME scoop passed along a few threads that were VERY informative and were spoken with complete insider authority.

Does anyone know anything about this? 

Seems there  information is readily available but he wont be going back to ND.  ND has only taken ONE JUCO transfer in the history of their school according to sources, and only two prop 48's.  None worked out. ALso lots of talk about an academic Holy Cross offering that was turned down(for a chance to stay at ND(y it was turned down ? )  Holy Cross is where RUDY went to get into ND. 

How is he doing at COS? 

]

OriginalCVFan

]

Love TheFn Game

OCVfan, I had heard the Holy Cross issue which had me confused with the story of heart surgery over-lapped.  If it was heart surgery that sent him home, I have no comment, not a doctor here.  But if it was the Holy Cross story (which I think it was), something was not right in the academic clearance end of things.  ND would not be sending a new athlete (4 weeks in school) to Holy Cross, unless the NCAA found some discrepancies in  a transcript or a test score. The only other scenario in which ND would even mention Holy Cross would be if a new students was doing absolutely nothing in the away of academics or not attending classes. That's right Rudy went to Holy Cross! 

Love TheFn Game

OriginalCVFan

I just find it fascinating all the 'disinformation' out there. 

Truth is always the best.  Also going to class and getting all b's and c's is not really that hard to do either.  If the Holy Cross thing was offered, he shoulda taken it.  Good way to not lose a year of eligibility and also get his grades up.
]

OriginalCVFan

]

illinjoe

Tee may be playing sooner than you guys think!

illinjoe

Love TheFn Game

He hasn't played but 6 games in 3 1/2 years Joe, if he plays sooner than we think it will  still be long over due.  Im going out on a limb here, but there are some very clear trends in this saga of T Sheperd, T might show up at COS, but his distain for academics, the weight room and practice are catching up with him. It's even money he doesn't last the season in Visalia.

Love TheFn Game

illinjoe

OCV, you know me, if Im being vague it's for a reason. There is a lot you guys do not know about Tee or the situation. My statement will make sense by the end of the week. If it doesn't end up making sense I will have said nothing.

illinjoe

Love TheFn Game

Joe if you are insinuating that T is going to show up at some D1 school 10 days into their fall camp, then nothing has changed with T Sheperd.
Still a cluster in regard to his advisors and those in his ear. That's his MO Joe, get out of all the work possible, skip as much weigh training sessions as possible, no summer school or bridge program, no player run practices, it took awhile to figure this kid out but now the facts are becoming evident, he does't want to work! Joe you know as well as I the what ever went wrong at ND, got on the plane in Fresno with T, and left ND when T packed it up and returned. So the problem (what ever it was) is still there. Joe, T needs to go enroll at FCC.  That way he is close to his  family and support staff, doesn't have to acclimate to moving away, lesser academics and removal of pressure (the pressure that comes with trying to live up to 5 star player status with an incomplete resume off the field).  JMO!

Love TheFn Game

Just_A_Fan

That we are on our umpteen thread and God only knows how many posts about this young man is simply amazing to me.  Everyone needs to let it go with this kid and let him do whatever the hell it is he is going to do.  His life and his decisions, people make good and bad choices in those areas every day.  If he shows up on a field and actually starts playing some day then we might actually have something to talk about, but until then why does anyone really care?

Just_A_Fan

Love TheFn Game

Joe, it's the end of the week, still waiting for the big news!

Love TheFn Game

illinjoe

Quote from: Love TheFn Game on August 10, 2012, 11:45:12 AM
Joe, it's the end of the week, still waiting for the big news!

Me too!

illinjoe

Love TheFn Game

Did T play in the Bullard & Central scrimmage last night or is it still no T sightings?

Love TheFn Game

wellnow

Quote from: Love TheFn Game on August 18, 2012, 01:26:33 PM
Did T play in the Bullard & Central scrimmage last night or is it still no T sightings?
I think he was playing with Elvis last night :)

wellnow

OriginalCVFan

Tee Shepard live interview on August 21st. 

Here is a copy of an interview with Tee, a link to the website is below
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much has been made of Tee Shepard's situation, so much so that he finally "put it out there" with the hopes of ending the mind-numbing speculation as to the reason for his departure from Notre Dame.  I spoke with Tee this evening and while he's obviously disappointed at how things played out at Notre Dame, he remained positive and upbeat.

This past January Shepard set out for Notre Dame with the hopes of acclimating himself to the Notre Dame family as an early enrollee.  Shepard says that he had a minor heart condition that required surgery upon his arrival at Notre Dame.  "It was just like a little extra skin on my heart they had to remove, it wasn't a big deal they just ran a little thing up my leg, but two weeks after that, in February the doctor cleared me so I could practice with the team."

It was at that time that Shepard went to the coaching staff requesting to practice with the team and was told that he was "non-qualified".  "I said, non-qualified?  Like what do you mean, like I'm not supposed to be here? and they were like, yeah something like that" Shepard said.  Shepard went on to say, "This whole time I was out there I was not supposed to be out there, so what they did...they did a waiver and I guess the waiver didn't work."

"I never understand why they didn't tell me I wasn't qualified, I guess they though that I was going to commit somewhere else so they took me anyway....that's what I heard from the coach.  If I had known that going in I would have stayed in high school, period."

I asked Shepard if he had stayed in high school for the last semester and been fully qualified if he would have remained committed to Notre Dame and joined the rest of the class in the summer, to which he responded "yes."

When asked about any current contact with Notre Dame coaches or a possible return, Shepard replied "Kelly said that ship has sailed", referring to Coach Kelly's response to a press conference question.

Draw your own conclusions Irish fans.  He admitted it wasnt the heart and health situationas.  He also admitted it was academics.  The rest, seems to be 'denial' for personal responsibility.  Either way we wish him well. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, OCV speaking again.

The part i find extremely fascinating is the comment "I never understand why they didnt tell me I wasnt qualified, I guess they didnt want me to commit somewhere else, blah blah blah.  Dear Mr. Shephard, they accepted you on your information YOU provided that you also provided the NCAA CLEARINGHOUSE to be accurate, valid, and true.  Whatever information that YOU provided the NCAA clearinghouse was information that YOU were responsible for, not Notre Dame.  Please quit blaming the institution.  Its intellectually dishonest, and downright FALSE.

Also, Tee states that the situation had NOTHING to do with the health condition.

As the writer in the article points out, WE WISH HIM WELL.  FRED, get HIM TO a DI program!!!
]

OriginalCVFan

]