News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

CCYFL All Stars

Started by a zero,a circle,and an O, November 19, 2013, 05:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a zero,a circle,and an O

Congrats to all our academic all star selections who met the 2.5 GPA requirement to participate for the 2013 season all stars. We will be distributing your all star jerseys for you to keep and cherish this Friday night at the fair winds courtyard along with a catered dinner from one of our sponsors. We have a few special guest speakers coming with great news about our growth for 2014. Get ready for a fun filled night with lots of LAUGHS reflecting this past year! Go Cen~Cal!!!!!!! :D :u:

Timbercat35

Congratulations and good luck to all of the players in Saturday's game.  Hopefully all of the players get to play.  Sometimes when you have all-stars the coaches play their own and some kids who deserve to play get left out.

CoacherG

Quote from: Timbercat35 on November 19, 2013, 08:53:53 PM
Congratulations and good luck to all of the players in Saturday's game.  Hopefully all of the players get to play.  Sometimes when you have all-stars the coaches play their own and some kids who deserve to play get left out.

As someone coaching the Clovis team, I can assure you that EVERYONE will play.  These boys have put in so much work in the classroom and on the field, that they have all earned the right to see the field.  Now whether or not every skill player will get a carry or make a catch...that will depend on the flow of the game.   

No matter what, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Timbercat35

Quote from: CoacherG on November 20, 2013, 12:12:59 PM
As someone coaching the Clovis team, I can assure you that EVERYONE will play.  These boys have put in so much work in the classroom and on the field, that they have all earned the right to see the field.  Now whether or not every skill player will get a carry or make a catch...that will depend on the flow of the game.   

No matter what, it's going to be a lot of fun.
Amen to that.

a zero,a circle,and an O

Great point TC. When we decided to have all stars back in January one of our first concerns was that very thing to have every one play. I have been to the clovis conference practice and they had a very competitive practice and rotations as did the fresno conference all stars. This year for the first half of each game players will only be able to play on one side of the ball. We will keep working on it as we grow together as a league.

Timbercat35

Quote from: a zero,a circle,and an O on November 21, 2013, 06:32:06 AM
Great point TC. When we decided to have all stars back in January one of our first concerns was that very thing to have every one play. I have been to the clovis conference practice and they had a very competitive practice and rotations as did the fresno conference all stars. This year for the first half of each game players will only be able to play on one side of the ball. We will keep working on it as we grow together as a league.
Do all coaches know this?  The reason I am asking is because my buddy's son is on one of the teams in Clovis.  Not sure if it's PeeWees or JR's, but he was worried because his son and a few other kids have yet to rotate in to any position on offense or defense or special teams.  He said it was like the coaches were putting the same kids on everything.  I hope for his son's sake and the other's that he is mistaken. 

a zero,a circle,and an O

Every coach is aware of that rule. If it just so happens that any player does not see the field which I highly doubt. There will be hades to pay.

CoacherG

Quote from: Timbercat35 on November 21, 2013, 06:53:06 AM
Do all coaches know this?  The reason I am asking is because my buddy's son is on one of the teams in Clovis.  Not sure if it's PeeWees or JR's, but he was worried because his son and a few other kids have yet to rotate in to any position on offense or defense or special teams.  He said it was like the coaches were putting the same kids on everything.  I hope for his son's sake and the other's that he is mistaken. 

Each team has a roster of at lest 25 kids.  With 22 starting positions on offense and defense, there will be some kids that don't get to start the game.  Some kids who played every snap of every game this year will have to watch the first few snaps.  Some parents who were used to seeing their son be the best player, will have to watch other kids make plays. This is unavoidable and happens at every level of football.  Tell your friend to talk to Coach Lee (Jr team) or Coach Carr (PeeWee) if he has concerns about his son playing. Neither one bites, and both are good men who want nothing more than to get every kid on the field and give them a chance to strut their stuff.

Games like this are a reward for a great football season, they are not  a pissing contest to prove one kid is better than another.   

I repeat, EVERY kid WILL play.

Timbercat35

Quote from: CoacherG on November 21, 2013, 02:27:51 PM
Each team has a roster of at lest 25 kids.  With 22 starting positions on offense and defense, there will be some kids that don't get to start the game.  Some kids who played every snap of every game this year will have to watch the first few snaps.  Some parents who were used to seeing their son be the best player, will have to watch other kids make plays. This is unavoidable and happens at every level of football.  Tell your friend to talk to Coach Lee (Jr team) or Coach Carr (PeeWee) if he has concerns about his son playing. Neither one bites, and both are good men who want nothing more than to get every kid on the field and give them a chance to strut their stuff.

Games like this are a reward for a great football season, they are not  a pissing contest to prove one kid is better than another.   

I repeat, EVERY kid WILL play.
Funny, that's exactly what I told him to do.  I always tell my players and parents to come talk to me if you have any questions regarding playing time, role, etc...  99% of the time just communicating with a coach will alleviate the concern or worry.  Hopefully, he will talk to the coach if he still has concerns after todays and tomorrows practice.

Timbercat35