News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Buchanan Baseball Championships?

Started by Governor, May 10, 2023, 03:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Governor

I saw on twitter that Buchanan High posted that every one of their levels won the championships?

I'm sorry but that is way too arrogant for my taste. Lower levels are all about DEVELOPMENT. Why are we keeping track of championships at that level and why are we projecting it in the manner that they did? It is hard to respect that.

I'm sure if a Buchanan High elementary feeder won districts they would have posted that too.

Tasteless and classless

Old man scout

Buchanan is very proud of there program and always on the lookout for more players there is a reason every teams root's against them. No taking anything away from there record the best by far in the section. The only way to stop it is to BEAT them constantly and that's very hard don't have to like them but do have to respect the results. This year is a rebuilding year and look what happened. SAME

Governor

Quote from: Old man scout on May 10, 2023, 03:28:52 PM
Buchanan is very proud of there program and always on the lookout for more players there is a reason every teams root's against them. No taking anything away from there record the best by far in the section. The only way to stop it is to BEAT them constantly and that's very hard don't have to like them but do have to respect the results. This year is a rebuilding year and look what happened. SAME

Good points OMS. They get good results I have always disliked how they get all the transfers like we have chatted about before.

BallGuy

I see nothing wrong with it...It's what every program does. Central posts about Rio winning their league, and each clovis program does the same as well. CW won 8th grade a few years back and they posted about it. If you were a member of their 7th or 8th grade team, you'd be absolutely pumped to see that post tweeted out. I'm not sure we can continue holding transfers against any of these teams, as each team has a number of transfers. I don't like it, but I also don't think it's classless or tasteless. Just my .02.

HS Harry

The Bears were "Spreading the News" at every level this year. Congrats to a consistent program, let's see if they can bring the big one home. Winning the TRAC is very difficult year in year out, but the TRAC Champ doesn't always win the section title.

To be honest, I was just glad to see another thread on here after the "water"gate thread!

Seedings come out Saturday, how do we think the playoff seeds will end up?
Chazz Michael Michaels IS figure skating

Governor

BallGuy

Quote from: HS Harry on May 10, 2023, 09:13:34 PM
The Bears were "Spreading the News" at every level this year. Congrats to a consistent program, let's see if they can bring the big one home. Winning the TRAC is very difficult year in year out, but the TRAC Champ doesn't always win the section title.

To be honest, I was just glad to see another thread on here after the "water"gate thread!

Seedings come out Saturday, how do we think the playoff seeds will end up?

Trac is still clearly the best league in the central central valley, think the league in bako could rival it. That said, I think winning trac is harder than winning valley (most years). Valley playoffs is all about getting hot at the right time, not necessarily the best team.

Cristobal

Quote from: Governor on May 10, 2023, 03:09:21 PM
I saw on twitter that Buchanan High posted that every one of their levels won the championships?

I'm sorry but that is way too arrogant for my taste. Lower levels are all about DEVELOPMENT. Why are we keeping track of championships at that level and why are we projecting it in the manner that they did? It is hard to respect that.

I'm sure if a Buchanan High elementary feeder won districts they would have posted that too.

Tasteless and classless

Sour grapes, we have been hearing all year how CE was "one swing away" from winning every game this season. You would have hung a banner on Ashlan if the Wolfpack won TRAC Governor admit it. 

CWClassof2007

I have no problem with it. At least they're not openly recruiting players from other schools via family members of the coaching staff. Oh wait they did that already.

Governor

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 13, 2023, 12:29:40 PM
I have no problem with it. At least they're not openly recruiting players from other schools via family members of the coaching staff. Oh wait they did that already.

They are always stealing our players!

TeddyKGB

Tasteless and classless

so should the lower levels not keep score, track wins and losses?
It's tasteless and classes to brag about their kids achievements? This is the problem everything is an issue when you don't agree with it.

CWClassof2007

Tasteless and classless
It kind of shows how they're developing at every level.

FresnoLegend

Tasteless and classless

they r posting this so they can get more transfers. the riding is on the wall. the machine goes on if they can keep that steady supply line of clovis north kids to go there way.
"I would give myself an A+"

TeddyKGB

Quote from: FresnoLegend on May 15, 2023, 03:14:46 PM
they r posting this so they can get more transfers. the riding is on the wall. the machine goes on if they can keep that steady supply line of clovis north kids to go there way.

I don't see the problem, if you want it to stop figure out how to beat them.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: FresnoLegend on May 15, 2023, 03:14:46 PM
Social media posts form an account with 2K followers isn't why they're getting transfers.

tru guru

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 16, 2023, 01:59:37 PM
Social media posts form an account with 2K followers isn't why they're getting transfers.

No, Buchanan Boosters have been known to send personal texts to prospective transfers, lol.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: tru guru on May 16, 2023, 02:17:54 PM
No, Buchanan Boosters have been known to send personal texts to prospective transfers, lol.

that is nothing new, both BCHS and garces do that.

TeddyKGB