News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Cw is scary good

Started by Sixtynine, March 03, 2012, 04:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixtynine

I will gladly eat my crow on my prediction that Buchanan would lose tonight.  Cw is 1-2 in TRAC play.  I want all the Cw posters (who always get on me) to please stand up, please stand up!! Theres a storm comin to this thread this weekend, but I can guarantee one thing... The storm ain't brewin out West!!!!!! LOL
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

Ty Cobb

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 23, 2012, 09:56:56 PM
I am a former catcher. I'm also not blaming the loss on him. All I am saying is that has been an issue for two years now. Sorry you feel that way. You must be the father of the catcher. Don't worry, he'll only be placed elsewhere on field if he chooses to play at FCC next year or at some other JC.

You know 2007 ... you have a very selective way of bashing players on CW. You have been bashing the catcher for a couple of seasons now. You suggest that "its and issue" because the North game ended the same way. Funny how you don't mention things like the tailor made double play grounder that was kicked in the North game only to get the out at first base. That two ball gets CW out of the inning and the other runs are never scored. Did the two ball blunder cost the North game? No! Did it contribute to the loss .... sure just like all the other things that happen in a game. Its easy to see by your posts that you dont care for CW's catcher. Do things need to improve at the catching spot? Absolutely they do. Losing 2 games from pass balls there requires some extra work to that detail ..... but in the mean time 2007 try to spread your criticism around with less bias. The least you can do is pretend to hide it.

baseman

Quote from: Ty Cobb on March 25, 2012, 09:58:02 AM
You know 2007 ... you have a very selective way of bashing players on CW. You have been bashing the catcher for a couple of seasons now. You suggest that "its and issue" because the North game ended the same way. Funny how you don't mention things like the tailor made double play grounder that was kicked in the North game only to get the out at first base. That two ball gets CW out of the inning and the other runs are never scored. Did the two ball blunder cost the North ga nobody talks about the errors in the defenseme? No! Did it contribute to the loss .... sure just like all the other things that happen in a game. Its easy to see by your posts that you dont care for CW's catcher. Do things need to improve at the catching spot? Absolutely they do. Losing 2 games from pass balls there requires some extra work to that detail ..... but in the mean time 2007 try to spread your criticism around with less bias. The least you can do is pretend to hide it.
I like your post but lets get it straight nobody talks about the errors in the defense how the offense has went south everybody talks about the 1 ball that gets buy the catcher yes the north win was a pass ball one in that game as for the buchanan game that was not a pass ball it was a wild pitch that bounced of the corner of the plate and hit the catchers left arm and went left and let's not talk about the 20 or so balls he block before that and as far as I can see he is the number 1 catcher and the number 2 pitcher on that team nothing like being the work the work horse.

Ty Cobb

Quote from: baseman on March 25, 2012, 11:42:35 AM
I like your post but lets get it straight nobody talks about the errors in the defense how the offense has went south everybody talks about the 1 ball that gets buy the catcher yes the north win was a pass ball one in that game as for the buchanan game that was not a pass ball it was a wild pitch that bounced of the corner of the plate and hit the catchers left arm and went left and let's not talk about the 20 or so balls he block before that and as far as I can see he is the number 1 catcher and the number 2 pitcher on that team nothing like being the work the work horse.

Baseman .... you quoted my post and nowhere in my post do I have the following comment: <<"ga nobody talks about the errors in the defenseme? ">>
If you are going to paste a quote ... Don't add to to the quote.
I agree that 2007 unfairly targets CW catcher. 2007 has done that for some time now. Still I don't agree that "hitting has dried up" Central would not agree that CW hitting has dried up. When two great pitchers are on the mound like Dom and Fergie ... Hitting and scoring is going to be much less. Its a 1-1 pitchers duel. I suppose more pressure is put on the catcher blocking a ball because unlike an infielder the catcher knows the ball is coming to him. So those who don't understand the difficulty of the position and situation expect more. Even first baseman are expected to pick a bad throw. Thats the perception. Unfair as it may be.
My problem with 2007 is his attempt to find blame and act like he does not know who the catcher is etc. Its a BS post in my opinion on his part.
2007 is obviously very bias against the catcher. You are obviously very bias for the catcher. Regardless of bias one way or the other no one player or position is ever to blame for any loss. Thats my point.

CWClassof2007

Alright I'll say it again, it's not all on him. You guys think that's what I'm saying but it isn't. But it's been an issue for two years now & I noticed it a lot last year in games they won and lost. I have nothing against the kid. I'm just shocked KP & the other coaches haven't corrected.

Ty Cobb

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on March 25, 2012, 01:07:39 PM
Alright I'll say it again, it's not all on him. You guys think that's what I'm saying but it isn't. But it's been an issue for two years now & I noticed it a lot last year in games they won and lost. I have nothing against the kid. I'm just shocked KP & the other coaches haven't corrected.

Correct how? In the first loss to Buchanan "The catcher" (a different one that last Buchanan game) had his hands full as well. Didn't block the plate, dropped a Ball in his glove, etc. Stuff happens and that loss was not the catchers fault either. Funny though I cant recall a post by you bashing the catcher that game. My posts regarding this subject are only to make one point. Opinions are only worth considering if they are consistant and objective. Bias is acceptable on positive commentary. Hey we all have our favorits. Whats wrong with that? However Bias in regards to finding fault? Uncalled for in my opinion.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Ty Cobb on March 25, 2012, 02:16:50 PM
Correct how? In the first loss to Buchanan "The catcher" (a different one that last Buchanan game) had his hands full as well. Didn't block the plate, dropped a Ball in his glove, etc. Stuff happens and that loss was not the catchers fault either. Funny though I cant recall a post by you bashing the catcher that game. My posts regarding this subject are only to make one point. Opinions are only worth considering if they are consistant and objective. Bias is acceptable on positive commentary. Hey we all have our favorits. Whats wrong with that? However Bias in regards to finding fault? Uncalled for in my opinion.
I never said anything about the loss against Buchanan in the Clovis Classic! I haven't been to any games this year. All I said is it was an issue before. I know they've had errors in all three losses. I might have mentioned the catcher issues last season. This was the first time I mentioned them this year. I'll say it for a third time, I am not saying they lost because of him. I am done with this conversation.

CWClassof2007