News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

HELP ID THESE CW personnel?

Started by cifglobalism11, April 09, 2024, 01:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cifglobalism11

Video from the 2002 Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDnQ4okRQT0

^Who is the CW QB at 3:40? (#16)

It is hard to make out the last names on the jerseys with this 02 video quality. The only one I know for sure is that #5 is Jose Rojas (definitely in the top 3 CW of all time)

Also who is #44 from CW, #50, and #34? From 3:40- 4:30 you can see all the aforementioned players. These guys look frustrated AF. I have never ever seen any frustration or hissy fit from CW ever. This just goes to show you how competition was actually intense that season (unlike 2004 lol)

-------------

Video from the 2009 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23rRvtfRQLQ

At 2:52 , The CW coach on the sideline slamming the fb on the ground after the offsides...
Is that Larry Brown? (Related to current HC Eric Brown)..if so what was he doing coaching freshman?

𝕎𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕍ℂ!...𝕃𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕒𝕔𝕙!
-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

izne1home

I can't tell.  Looks like Saddian.  Low light video quality has taken leaps and bounds since then.

The ET was good.  Nothing but respect for the Tigers.  It is a legendary Fresno football program.

But..., the apparent frustration is underscored by the editing - sort of the whole point of the video.  I'm sure CW and the other ET opponents actually made some plays against the ET during the 2002 season.  They're just laying on the editing room floor somewhere. 

Now I can see why CW was in such a hurry to recruit Hartigan and get things turned around...

CWClassof2007

Quote from: izne1home on April 09, 2024, 10:19:36 AMI can't tell.  Looks like Saddian.  Low light video quality has taken leaps and bounds since then.

The ET was good.  Nothing but respect for the Tigers.  It is a legendary Fresno football program.

But..., the apparent frustration is underscored by the editing - sort of the whole point of the video.  I'm sure CW and the other ET opponents actually made some plays against the ET during the 2002 season.  They're just laying on the editing room floor somewhere. 

Now I can see why CW was in such a hurry to recruit Hartigan and get things turned around...
Pretty sure Clovis West got beat by Clovis in the 2002 championship game. That was my 8th grade year. I remember being at Kastner getting ready for a game the Saturday morning after. I can't find their schedule for anything before 2004.

cifglobalism11

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 09, 2024, 09:15:21 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDnQ4okRQT0

I believe that is Centennial at 3:40

The team colors are the same but Its CW Im 100% sure. for three reasons

1. The EAGLE WINGS on the helmet
2. #5 from the same team with those eagle wings says "rojas" on the  jersey
3. Centennial is actually at 3:17 in gold and white.

-cdub logic

cifglobalism11

Quote from: izne1home on April 09, 2024, 10:19:36 AMI can't tell.  Looks like Saddian..... Hartigan and get things turned around...

ok thanks, it may be, I also was thinking that it was some armenian last name. I just was not sure CW ever had an armenian QB during those Lombardi and Hartigan seasons. But if "Saddian" is a known player you recognize and anyone else can verify he was the QB, then it is probably him.

I agree with you that those are HIGHLIGHTs and that usually involves the opposing teams LOWLIGHTS. But the those players I was asking about give off frustration vibes. Rojas was not only amongst the best at CW but also in the section. If he was having a hard time with this, It was likely an issue with Lombardi (and/or staff) calling bad plays. This same season, CW lost to Edison and Central, and yes Lost to Clovis in the finals. While this Edison team won D2.

CW was not in a hurry to get anyone specific. They just needed to get someone does not matter who it was, Jim was just the perfect FB politician. hell, Marty or Lindsey could have won 04 title and went to the VC in 03.

This Edison team would have been much better than the teams Hartigan had to go against. They had a much better coach (Reyes), who was not a race baiter like that mcdonald lunatic.

When teams like this have GOOD COACHING that actually focus on FB and local players (and not race baiting to motivate your players), then it becomes harder for teams like CW and Clovis. But something else ALSO has to happen to make things harder, and that is a team like CW going through whatever they went through with Lombardi. So these TWO factors suck but they both dropped off after this season with Lombardi leaving and a good coach leaving Edison

From what I can asses.
Rojas, #44, #34, #50, and (maybe) Saddian are all good players (probably some of CW's best ever) who just got caught up in these TWO FACTORS.

The next season, Rojas actually made a huge comeback for CW in the Semi-finals to take Hartigan to the VC vs Murphy's CE and almost won it honestly. I do not know for sure, but based off the info I collected. . #44, #34, #50, and (maybe) Saddian had already graduated.

EDIT: So I may have a crazy idea who #44 may be, could it be Jordan Long as a sophmore?
#25 is also really good! hard to tell from a small highlight clip but seems like he didnt like he was taking  crap Edison.
-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

Quote from: cifglobalism11 on April 09, 2024, 12:05:51 PMwho was not a race baiter like that mcdonald lunatic.

When teams like this have GOOD COACHING that actually focus on FB and local players (and not race baiting to motivate your players),

I can agree Reyes was an excellent coach...I had never heard that McDonald was a race baiter what exactly did he do to warrant these allegations?

anthilllegend

The QB is Jason Sadoian...who was the starter in both 2001 and 2002. He went on to play 1 year of baseball at FCC, before transferring to University of Arizona.  He then transferred again and finished his career playing baseball at the University of Nevada.  Jose Rojas is #5 (a hell of a football player). He is not one of the top 3 "backers" in Clovis West history.  Rojas played LB only one season (his sophomore year)...the Golden Eagle RB's were Quentin Brock and Brandon Hancock during his sophomore season.  He would be much higher ranked as a running back, which he played his junior and senior seasons. The Anthill believes Rojas sits 4th or 5th on the all time CW rushing list...behind Kendall Brock, Matt Jelmini, McKay Christensen and then either Rojas or Kyle Duffy would be 4th. Jose would fall in the top 5 or 6 RB's in school history...he went on to star at Cal Lutheran University.  If the Anthill's memory severs him well...Jose Rojas still holds the single game rushing record of 320 yards.  He set the record vs. the Central Grizzlies in 2003...coincidentally the only other 300+ yard rushing effort in CW history is by Kendall Brock in 2010 at 315 yard (and you guessed it, also against the Central Grizzle's).

The Anthilllegend

anthilllegend

The Anthilllegend does not believe the coach throwing the football down in the video is Larry Brown.  The Ant is going to guess that the coach in question....last name was Shaw.
Also....the video of the freshman game between CW and CE, shows a CE freshman class completely dominating a undermanned and marginally skilled Golden Eagle team.  In fact....the CE frosh team is very impressive looking. Strange oddity: if this is the 2009 Timberwolves freshman (who look physical and gifted)...they were also the start of 7 or 8 consecutive seasons of TRAC football without victory.  Point: you can't always predict future success based on downline talent/production and outcomes....or a single film.

The Anthilllegend

CWClassof2007

Quote from: anthilllegend on April 12, 2024, 08:11:26 AMThe Anthilllegend does not believe the coach throwing the football down in the video is Larry Brown.  The Ant is going to guess that the coach in question....last name was Shaw.
Also....the video of the freshman game between CW and CE, shows a CE freshman class completely dominating a undermanned and marginally skilled Golden Eagle team.  In fact....the CE frosh team is very impressive looking. Strange oddity: if this is the 2009 Timberwolves freshman (who look physical and gifted)...they were also the start of 7 or 8 consecutive seasons of TRAC football without victory.  Point: you can't always predict future success based on downline talent/production and outcomes....or a single film.

The Anthilllegend
Yes. Clovis East went 0-5 in the TRAC for 8 seasons in a row. Lost their first league game of the 2019 season & then beat Clovis North to end the streak at 41 consecutive games.

Bronco

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 09, 2024, 11:13:53 AMPretty sure Clovis West got beat by Clovis in the 2002 championship game. That was my 8th grade year. I remember being at Kastner getting ready for a game the Saturday morning after. I can't find their schedule for anything before 2004.
Yes they did ! Tyler Clutts led the Cougars back in the 4th to go ahead and then with 1:12 left Zack Follett picked of there last ditch effort ! ! Clovis WINS the 2002 Valley Championship

cifglobalism11

I am going to reply by the order of whose post came first....

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 09, 2024, 12:32:29 PMI can agree Reyes was an excellent coach...I had never heard that McDonald was a race baiter what exactly did he do to warrant these allegations?

I wouldn't say HE specifically did everything but more that he could have been the mastermind or just an obedient puppet that gave into it. but It is not something that would be broadcast, so you probably would not hear about it. You could only find out by being undeservingly caught in the mix. 4  cases to consider that formed this conclusion:

1. The posts on this forum in 2005 from "The DE's" dad. Which I am going to try and locate so I can fully answer your question by showing you the post that is short and sweet but gave a huge hint.
2. His relative  (#2) was the master race baiting troll at KIT, guys like him ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF RACIAL TENSION
3. The traffic source of their players in that era
4. The composition of its staff

1. A former CW player (The DE) I knew, who was a very significant Defensive End. So significant I can GAURANTEE YOU that Izne, cw2007,anthill and all other CW guys here cheered him on at CW games and I can gaurantee you at some point or two, made the CW sidelines go crazy (joy and excitement) in critical situations. He is the currently the last and only CW FB player I have ever spoke to after I left. Little did I know that his dad actually posted here in 2005 and obviously is inactive. But one of his responses to a post was regarding the player #2 in the second case mentioned above. I am going to try and find this post to fully answer you. But the DE, I am sure was also recruited by Edison and probably #2's dad (whom is related to mc donald). Obviously the DE (or his dad) declined and good for them. I respect them so much for doing that and just staying in the CW area

2. His relative #2 went to KIT and man he went from that guy everyone likes and could never hate...to being the one of the most pathetic scums on this planet within a year...Out of nowhere he just starts accusing players at KIT of being racist. HE (#2) WAS BEING VERY RACIST HIMSELF. If an AA started chit with someone and that someone pushed back, #2 would jump in and defend the said AA even if the AA was the problem...why because he " was black". On top of that I kind of just realized that he always loved to be aggressive against Clark, Alta, and Teneya but was very passive against TJ (Madera), Rio Vista (Central's MS), and lets just say "more colored teams". What happened to #2? He went to Edison after KIT. Everyone already knew he was going to Edison way before the 8th grade year ended (in fall). So it was planned. Hmmm being a race baiter then going to play for a race baiting coaching staff

HOW MANY OF EDISONS STRTING PLAYERS on the 04-08 TEAMS WERE ACTUALLY FROM THAT AREA?

Why would they transfer there. They took players from Buchanan, CW, Bullard, Clovis, and maybe more. How were they able to CONVINCE those players to relocate from their nice schools, with better FB teams, in better areas to go there? many of you will say that Edison's coaches promised them scholarships and that may be true but it could only be supplemental to a bigger driving factor. Through this forum I actually found out that the starting 04 QB is actually from BUCHANAN... wth? why would someone flee from education in the nice Buchanan area to go to school Edison area.

4. Zimmer once mentioned that Edison had 7 CW graduates coaching. 4 were on the freshman level and the other 3 scattered on JV and V. Coincidentally they all just happened to get jobs at Edison right?

Quote from: anthilllegend on April 09, 2024, 02:45:51 PMThe QB is Jason Sadoian...The Anthilllegend

Quote from: anthilllegend on April 12, 2024, 08:11:26 AMThe Anthilllegend does not believe the coach throwing the football down in the video is Larry Brown.  The Ant is going to guess that the coach in question....last name was Shaw.

The Anthilllegend

@anthilllegend
You know what I meant with Rojas. And you are suggesting that the coach in the freshman game film is IAN SHAW.  1an Shaw was fired from Kastner 6 years prior. Downright outsider who came into the CW athletic  community (along with Alex Smith, Art Francis, James Gambrell,  Jeff Roberts, etc..) and destroyed CW's Wrestling empire. So if that is him, then you can see why CW FB suffered the following years.

Quote from: Bronco on April 13, 2024, 08:54:08 PMYes they did !..... Clovis WINS the 2002 Valley Championship

@Bronco
You don't know how lucky you guys were that state playoffs was non existent in 2002.

So can anyone ID 25, 34, 44, and 50 from CW (original post video)?
-cdub logic

TeddyKGB

Quote from: cifglobalism11 on April 16, 2024, 09:52:00 PMI am going to reply by the order of whose post came first....

I wouldn't say HE specifically did everything but more that he could have been the mastermind or just an obedient puppet that gave into it. but It is not something that would be broadcast, so you probably would not hear about it. You could only find out by being undeservingly caught in the mix. 4  cases to consider that formed this conclusion:
It was at this point that I stopped reading this reply...it seems you conjure up theories and then formulate  to scenarios fit them. It concerns me that the state of California may have granted you a drivers license.

TeddyKGB

cifglobalism11

@excoach

Do you have anything useful to post?

everyone..I know what teddykgb is trying to do. He did in fact read the 4 cases and knowing how intense the subject is he is insinuating that everything I said is nonfactual so everyone would disregard it. Obviously you can't handle a case of complicity like this
-cdub logic

ExCoach

Quote from: cifglobalism11 on April 18, 2024, 12:05:34 PM@excoach

Do you have anything useful to post?

I'm sorry, I don't dwell on the state of middle school and JV football from 20 years ago and Kastner/Clovis West's involvement in inter-district racially motivated conspiracy theories that may or may not be orchestrated by the Catholic church.

cifglobalism11

Quote from: ExCoach on April 18, 2024, 12:27:30 PMI'm sorry, I don't dwell on the state of middle school and JV football from 20 years ago and Kastner/Clovis West's involvement in inter-district racially motivated conspiracy theories that may or may not be orchestrated by the Catholic church.

Ok? neither do I, what's your point?
-cdub logic

ExCoach

Quote from: cifglobalism11 on April 18, 2024, 12:34:38 PMOk? neither do I, what's your point?

I have a serious question then. Why do you spend so much time and energy analyzing, watching film on, discussing high school football from 20 years ago? There must be something you are caught up on.

cifglobalism11

Quote from: ExCoach on April 18, 2024, 01:16:59 PMI have a serious question then. Why do you spend so much time and energy analyzing, watching film on, discussing high school football from 20 years ago? There must be something you are caught up on.

Quote from: ExCoach on April 18, 2024, 01:16:59 PMI have a serious question then. Why do you spend so much time and energy analyzing, watching film on, discussing high school football from 20 years ago? There must be something you are caught up on.

To get answers. It is kind of hard to explain so I'll make an analogical example

The FB is just a part (a big one, and not even the biggest part) of something very episodic. Or a Bible ( no pun intended) that only 1/4 was read and the rest of the pages were torn out.
I need to recover the rest of the episodes or the rest of the pages.

Why do I need them? Because possibly it could partially undo years worth of uncertainty, uncertainty in training/coaching/prepping, social uncertainty, darkness etc. and the unbinding can yield accurate guidance of what is the right way to do things and the wrong way to do things.

I am going to ask the Clovis boys on here a question about a certain group, and yes it will involve the wordss "middle school" in it, but if they can get the inside info on it, I am sure not only I can benefit from it but many other coaches will to (if they actually have the desire to turn there program into a top contender and not some league filler that thinks Clovis North is immortal )
-cdub logic

cifglobalism11

-cdub logic