News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Police Shooting

Started by izne1home, April 05, 2010, 07:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izne1home

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/04/05/1885277/family-sues-fresno-police-for.html

I hope the City of Fresno takes a strong stand in support of its officers.  As a law abiding citizen raised to show the utmost respect for law enforcement, I can safely say that if you do what you are told, REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES, the odds of getting shot decrease substantially. 

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on April 05, 2010, 07:19:13 PM
http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/04/05/1885277/family-sues-fresno-police-for.html

I hope the City of Fresno takes a strong stand in support of its officers.  As a law abiding citizen raised to show the utmost respect for law enforcement, I can safely say that if you do what you are told, REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES, the odds of getting shot decrease substantially. 

Remember that when Obama's death squads are pounding on your door.........LOL!!!

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on April 05, 2010, 07:27:24 PM
Remember that when Obama's death squads are pounding on your door.........LOL!!!

If they come for me, that means I must be doing something right, so I'll proudly die a Patriot.  Then, just your luck, they'll rename Tulare to Iznetown. 

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on April 05, 2010, 07:38:06 PM
If they come for me, that means I must be doing something right, so I'll proudly die a Patriot.  Then, just your luck, they'll rename Tulare to Iznetown. 

What happened to "REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES"???

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on April 05, 2010, 07:41:53 PM
What happened to "REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES"???

It was premised by 'law enforcement' - not thugs.

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on April 05, 2010, 07:46:00 PM
It was premised by 'law enforcement' - not thugs.

So how do you tell the difference if they're wearing blue and have stars on their chests?

Backwards K

Quote from: diesel on April 05, 2010, 08:10:40 PM
So how do you tell the difference if they're wearing blue and have stars on their chests?

If the star is hanging from a gold chain... :D
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

diesel

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on April 05, 2010, 08:13:27 PM
If the star is hanging from a gold chain... :D

I suppose that's not meant to be racial at all, right???

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on April 05, 2010, 08:10:40 PM

I'm a tax paying employer and law abiding citizen.  If they come after me, they're thugs.

valleynative

What will they base damages on?  The guy has a rap sheet a mile long.  Was not a productive citizen...where is the monetary loss to his family?

bpstud

i have known the police officer involved in the shooting for over a decade and i can tell you that he is no rogue cop. if he shot that guy, then he reasonably felt that he needed to. we can't 2nd guess him after the fact because we were not there on the scene.
When you're prepared, you're more confident. When you have a strategy, you're more comfortable.

izne1home

Quote from: bpstud on April 05, 2010, 10:42:56 PM
i have known the police officer involved in the shooting for over a decade and i can tell you that he is no rogue cop. if he shot that guy, then he reasonably felt that he needed to. we can't 2nd guess him after the fact because we were not there on the scene.

No question.  The officer is one of the best.  A seasoned veteran who would only use deadly force if necessary.  These guys leave their families, strap on bullet proof vests, and stand in the gap so we can sleep at night.  They deserve our absolute support when their decisions are questioned. 

Quote from: valleynative on April 05, 2010, 10:05:14 PM
What will they base damages on?  The guy has a rap sheet a mile long.  Was not a productive citizen...where is the monetary loss to his family?

The family might want to drop the suit.  When you do the math, they may wind up owing the City money.

RoadDawg

Quote from: valleynative on April 05, 2010, 10:05:14 PM

There is none, but usually these families are encouraged by low life attorneys, who bring these bogus cases forward in hopes of the involved government agency paying them off just to go away.   These families rarely take responsibility for the thugs they raised, and usually proclaim it's the corrupt cops' fault that their loser family member's life ended tragically.   
"The older I get... The better I was!"

valleynative

Quote from: RoadDawg on April 06, 2010, 12:19:33 AM
There is none, but usually these families are encouraged by low life attorneys, who bring these bogus cases forward in hopes of the involved government agency paying them off just to go away.   These families rarely take responsibility for the thugs they raised, and usually proclaim it's the corrupt cops' fault that their loser family member's life ended tragically.   

Didn't think about it that way.  Hopefully FPD is able to hold their ground.  But how infuriating that it is a no-win situation for the officer and FPD either way.  They will have to pay atty fees to fight it, or, they settle and pay whatever the deductible is on the liability insurance. 
And I also don't get it when people say, "But he was unarmed".  So what?  By the way he was driving and acting, he didn't need to be armed to be considered dangerous!  Sheesh...upside down world we live in...

valleynative

Quote from: izne1home on April 05, 2010, 11:18:22 PM
No question.  The officer is one of the best.  A seasoned veteran who would only use deadly force if necessary.  These guys leave their families, strap on bullet proof vests, and stand in the gap so we can sleep at night.  They deserve our absolute support when their decisions are questioned. 

I'm with you, iz.  I don't remember this story when it happened, but the rumors flying around are he was a gang member.  So one more off the street...give the cop a medal!

The family might want to drop the suit.  When you do the math, they may wind up owing the City money.

Good point...If the girlfriend/wife and children have been on assistance, then there is no monetary damages...no future wages unearned...therefore, no basis for a lawsuit.

RoadDawg

Quote from: valleynative on April 06, 2010, 01:44:15 AM
And I also don't get it when people say, "But he was unarmed".  So what?  By the way he was driving and acting, he didn't need to be armed to be considered dangerous!  Sheesh...upside down world we live in...

Many people dont seem to realize an automobile is as dangerous a weapon as as gun or knife, and will kill someone just as fast!   
"The older I get... The better I was!"

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on April 06, 2010, 06:39:51 AM
Wasnt meant to be that way, was meant to show affiliation to possibly street garb, appearance.  One would have to be a RACIST to take the leap that what he said was RACIAL, while those of us who ARENT racially motivated read his statement for what it is, a FACT, a REALITY, a NORM for street punks, gangs, and a big part of the unproductive portion of society today.  Any other inference from his statement would clearly be defined as making a judgement based on race, instead of taking his words directly as written.

Until people figure out the difference, we wont progress very far. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1459

Backwards K

Quote from: diesel on April 05, 2010, 09:57:05 PM
I suppose that's not meant to be racial at all, right???

Not a racial bone in my body there diesel.... It just seemed like the only logical alternative... sides how can one be racial against a necklace...
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

steve-o

Quote from: izne1home on April 05, 2010, 11:18:22 PM
  These guys leave their families, strap on bullet proof vests, and stand in the gap so we can sleep at night.  They deserve our absolute support when their decisions are questioned. 

thank you Isne...in take pride in getting a compliment from you.....
if your not cheating your not trying!!

diesel

There is a flip-side to what you're saying, OCVF.  There ARE people in this world, in this country, in this valley, who hate based on the color of a persons' skin.  It's a fact.  So how do you decide when someone is being oppressed and when they are just using their race to further an agenda?  And how do I know whether any statement, however subtle, has racial overtones?

diesel