News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Parents should know about this and what the CTA is pushing through in California

Started by Forceuser, March 24, 2011, 10:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forceuser

I recieved this in a email from a friend of mine who is a upper up in the union and wanted me to share it with those that will make some noise about this.  This legislation is not a good thing.  It is a push for ideaology not about education.  Get on the phone and call your rep.

I copied and pasted the email sorry.

Homosexualization of Social Sciences
Approved by Senate Education Committee

Earlier today, State Senator Mark Leno of San Francisco presented Senate Bill 48 before the Senate Committee on Education.

SB 48 is sponsored by Equality California and the Gay Straight Alliance Network, the bill would require instruction in social sciences, such as geography, history, economics, communication, psychology, political science and more, to include the role and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans. Additionally, the bill would prohibit school districts from adopting accurate textbooks or instructional material that some may perceive as reflecting adversely upon a person's sexual orientation.

Leno has consistently introduced legislation undermining parental rights, forcing a radical LGBT agenda, and promoting special rights for the LGBT community. During the hearing Senator Leno disingenuously sought to frame the debate around LGBT bullying at schools.

Supporters of parental rights and traditional values came out in force against SB 48 with over 7 individuals, representing groups, testifying at length joined by an additional dozen vocally registering opposition.

Senator Robert 'Bob' Huff challenged the author of the bill several times during the committee hearing. Huff initially pointed to the bill's fiscal implications as a result of the bill's mandate.

"This is a paradigm shift from everyone being protected to actively promoting a lifestyle," stated Senator Huff.  Several groups that testified made the same point.  Senate Education Vice Chair Sharron Runner continued the point previously addressed by CRI's Legislative Director Paulo Sibaja, bullying should be addresses on a one on one basis.

After an hour of debate, the final vote was 6-3-1 with Democratic Senators Lowenthal, Alquist, Liu, Price, Simitian and Vargas voting in favor while Republican Senators Runner, Blakeslee and Huff voting against and Democrat Hancock as the sole abstaining/absent vote.  During the committee hearing Senators Lowenthal, Alquist and Price told Leno they would like to be added as co-sponsors of the bill.

Because SB 48 passed out of the Sen. Education Cmte., it now goes to the Senate Judiciary Committee, which has yet to set a hearing date.  Out of several of the organizations who spoke in support of SB 48 one must be noted: the California Teachers' Association.  This is not the first time the CTA has supported radical and controversial public policies. For example in 2008, the CTA supported the efforts to defeat Proposition 8 thus defeat traditional marriage and in fact donated $1 million to the No on 8 campaign efforts. Their actions lead one to question the CTA's true agenda and whether it is to promote the well being of teachers and children or a radical agenda.

At today's hearing, CTA Legislative Advocate Isabelle Garcia testified in support of Leno's bill.

For immediate action:

Call the CTA's Governmental Relations Division at 916.325.1500 and respectfully tell them you do not appreciate nor agree with the CTA's position on SB 48 or Isabelle Garcia's committee testimony in favor of Leno's bill.

If you are a teacher or know a teacher and you or they oppose SB 48 it is important that you let the CTA know you oppose their support of this agenda. Call your friends, family members, and others who are like-minded and tell them to call the CTA. You may forward this email to your email list urging them to do the same.

The CTA has gotten away with too much. They use their union dues, paid by traditional value voting teachers and others, to support and pay for legislative advocacy detrimental to our children and supportive of a radical agenda.

Again the number is 916.325.1500 and the Legislative Advocate for the CTA's Governmental Relations Division is Isabelle Garcia.     

Also, please call Senators Bob Huff and Sharron Runner and thank them for their support in our efforts to defeat SB 48.

Senator Huff:                          916.651.4029
Senator Runner:            916.651.4017

"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

izne1home

Man..., how times have changed.  I remember driving around in SF with my mom and dad in the mid 60's.  We stopped at a corner where a fag with a dress blew my dad a kiss. 

He put the Oldsmobile in park, jumped out, and punched the guy.  Now, his greatgrandson is going to be taught that gays and transgender Americans actually contribute to society in a meaningful way, right after they indoctrinate him on the theory of evolution. 

I say we post the Ten Commandments, bring back prayer in school, and force students to stand at attention during the Pledge of Allegiance. 

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on March 24, 2011, 01:59:22 PM
Man..., how times have changed.  I remember driving around in SF with my mom and dad in the mid 60's.  We stopped at a corner where a fag with a dress blew my dad a kiss. 

He put the Oldsmobile in park, jumped out, and punched the guy.

Violence always solves the problem......really showed that guy!

Backwards K

You may or may not remember you were all foretold this would happen in the schools if Prop 8 was unsuccessful... It was the agenda all along and more... Don't be surprised ...
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on March 24, 2011, 02:06:57 PM
Violence always solves the problem......really showed that guy!

He wasn't trying to change the fag's ways - he just wanted to punch him.

valleynative

Quote from: izne1home on March 24, 2011, 03:21:51 PM
He wasn't trying to change the fag's ways - he just wanted to punch him.

I think we have just jumped off the "PC" wagon  :D

MATZDAD

He put the Oldsmobile in park, jumped out, and punched the guy.  Now, his greatgrandson is going to be taught that gays and transgender Americans actually contribute to society in a meaningful way, right after they indoctrinate him on the theory of evolution. 

I say we post the Ten Commandments, bring back prayer in school, and force students to stand at attention during the Pledge of Allegiance. 

:u:

"My only day off, is the day I pitch." - Roger Clemens

bigfan

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Dgonz

Eh, I don't really see how it's an issue. What's wrong with acknowledging someone for contributing to society? Do they not count if they're gay? If anything it's unnecessary to even distinguish a person as LGBT.

valleynative

bigfan

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

izne1home

valleynative

Quote from: bigfan on March 24, 2011, 04:47:21 PM
Indeed it is...I guess they like to blow their own horns or something??

There is a pun there somewhere  :D

JakeBaseball

Yep we should ignore them....that works. Its the schools job to teach facts, not morals. The only people that should have a serious problem is those parents who are to lazy actually be parents and pass on their set of values to their children
That just happened

Football

Quote from: Dgonz on March 24, 2011, 04:26:35 PM
Eh, I don't really see how it's an issue. What's wrong with acknowledging someone for contributing to society? Do they not count if they're gay? If anything it's unnecessary to even distinguish a person as LGBT.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging someone for their contributions to society, but do we need to add that their ______.  Fill in the blank.  

izne1home

Quote from: football4ever on March 24, 2011, 05:09:00 PM
There's nothing wrong with acknowledging someone for their contributions to society, but do we need to add that their ______.  Fill in the blank.  

Only if their sole contribution to society is that they tried to ram their __________ down our throats.

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on March 24, 2011, 05:27:59 PM
Only if their sole contribution to society is that they tried to ram their __________ down our throats.

Depending on the __________ I'm starting to wonder about you............LOL!!

Forceuser

The thing you have to realize is that as parents we can opt our kid out of anything that we feel is inappropriate if it's outside of the scope of the standards.  If this passes you will not be able opt out because it is now part of the standards. 

Last time I checked my history book, it did not say,"George Washington was our first president and was straight."  It should not matter ones sexual orientation when discussing their effect on our society.  You did this, you did that.  Thats all that matters.

Please call and voice your opinion.  The state and the CTA (if you are a teacher) need to hear that we want our kids educated not indoctrinated.
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

whatahorse

Izine...my dad punched a guy out at a Fresno Falcons Hockey game in the late 60's after he made advances on me at the game...in front of my dad...and continued after my dad told him to get lost....he told my dad "let the BOY make his own decisions" ...8th grade is not a time for decisions like that. When the cops came and tried to arrest my dad the others there told them what the guy did and they arrested him. I miss my dad.

Deisel...violence does solve somethings...especially for protecting those who are not able to protect themselves....don't even try to argue this one.

diesel

Quote from: whatahorse on March 25, 2011, 09:04:45 AM
Izine...my dad punched a guy out at a Fresno Falcons Hockey game in the late 60's after he made advances on me at the game...in front of my dad...and continued after my dad told him to get lost....he told my dad "let the BOY make his own decisions" ...8th grade is not a time for decisions like that. When the cops came and tried to arrest my dad the others there told them what the guy did and they arrested him. I miss my dad.

Deisel...violence does solve somethings...especially for protecting those who are not able to protect themselves....don't even try to argue this one.

Now we're comparing pedophiles and homosexuals.......apples and oranges.....

diesel