News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Parents should know about this and what the CTA is pushing through in California

Started by Forceuser, March 24, 2011, 10:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwards K

Quote from: Forceuser on March 25, 2011, 08:53:05 AM
The thing you have to realize is that as parents we can opt our kid out of anything that we feel is inappropriate if it's outside of the scope of the standards.  If this passes you will not be able opt out because it is now part of the standards. 

Last time I checked my history book, it did not say,"George Washington was our first president and was straight."  It should not matter ones sexual orientation when discussing their effect on our society.  You did this, you did that.  Thats all that matters.

Please call and voice your opinion.  The state and the CTA (if you are a teacher) need to hear that we want our kids educated not indoctrinated.

This is not the same as teaching our kids about drug use and the evils of drug usage as means of a deterrent , this is entirely different and about teaching, (brain washing) kids that this alternate lifestyle should be acceptable and in fact normal human behavior. Our kids don't need the state of California or the school administration dictating their agenda of acceptance for what they consider a normal alternative lifestyle as being part of some progressive mind set of tolerance regarding sexual orientation.     
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

diesel

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on March 25, 2011, 10:11:45 AM
This is not the same as teaching our kids about drug use and the evils of drug usage as means of a deterrent , this is entirely different and about teaching, (brain washing) kids that this alternate lifestyle should be acceptable and in fact normal human behavior. Our kids don't need the state of California or the school administration dictating their agenda of acceptance for what they consider a normal alternative lifestyle as being part of some progressive mind set of tolerance regarding sexual orientation.     

I really don't think the point is to teach students that it is acceptable or normal.  The term alternative implies it is not normal.  Homosexuality has been a "lifestyle" for thousands of years back to the time when Jesus walked the earth.  You're not going to get rid of it and ignoring that there are people who are homosexual doesn't help the situation either.  Information and education are the key to improving the lives of people in our society.  Violence and ignorance make it worse, and I mean from BOTH sides of this issue.  You do your thing, I'll do mine.....and let it be, you know?

Backwards K

Quote from: diesel on March 25, 2011, 10:43:17 AM
I really don't think the point is to teach students that it is acceptable or normal.  The term alternative implies it is not normal.  Homosexuality has been a "lifestyle" for thousands of years back to the time when Jesus walked the earth.  You're not going to get rid of it and ignoring that there are people who are homosexual doesn't help the situation either.  Information and education are the key to improving the lives of people in our society.  Violence and ignorance make it worse, and I mean from BOTH sides of this issue.  You do your thing, I'll do mine.....and let it be, you know?

The difference is the standard of teaching, I don't want the state or the school instructing my kid their interpretation , leave it in the home.
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

whatahorse

Coach05

I think most would agree that I'm pretty liberal in most views, but this is where I draw the line in the sand, if they want to teach their views they can open up their own charter school and teach their side of things, christian schools do this, so should they.
Pete Rose: "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball."

JakeBaseball

Quote from: Forceuser on March 25, 2011, 08:53:05 AM
The thing you have to realize is that as parents we can opt our kid out of anything that we feel is inappropriate if it's outside of the scope of the standards.  If this passes you will not be able opt out because it is now part of the standards. 

Last time I checked my history book, it did not say,"George Washington was our first president and was straight."  It should not matter ones sexual orientation when discussing their effect on our society.  You did this, you did that.  Thats all that matters.

Please call and voice your opinion.  The state and the CTA (if you are a teacher) need to hear that we want our kids educated not indoctrinated.
It is what it is, and our books do not say Washington was straight, but they are sure quick to point out race......why should homosexuals be the minority that does not get recognized?
That just happened

JakeBaseball

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on March 25, 2011, 10:47:38 AM
The difference is the standard of teaching, I don't want the state or the school instructing my kid their interpretation , leave it in the home.
There are tons of racists who have to live with this everyday, the school should provide the facts no matter how people feel
That just happened

Backwards K

Quote from: JakeBaseball on March 25, 2011, 11:33:31 AM
There are tons of racists who have to live with this everyday, the school should provide the facts no matter how people feel

This isn't an issue of racism , the gay lifestyle is not a race it is a sexual orientation , and one I do not prefer to be taught the secular interpretation of to my child ....

Besides by definition alone the gays should not need a curriculum based on the fact they can not procreate to have children to send to school based simply on their sexual preference. I don't get this they want it both ways , be Gay and have Children, does anyone see the conflict? It is really that Technical but that's where the agenda get clouded with their smokescreen... 

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on March 25, 2011, 11:05:59 AM
... both fruits.

Does that mean you view male pedophiles who prey on little girls in higher regard than male pedophiles who prey on little boys?  Where does the comparison share even a remote similarity?

JakeBaseball

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on March 25, 2011, 11:56:30 AM
This isn't an issue of racism , the gay lifestyle is not a race it is a sexual orientation , and one I do not prefer to be taught the secular interpretation of to my child ....
But its still a fact that gay people did those things, much like people of different races accomplished things
That just happened

Backwards K

Quote from: JakeBaseball on March 25, 2011, 12:01:44 PM
But its still a fact that gay people did those things, much like people of different races accomplished things

Let me be clear, I am not saying that a person of Gay Inclination can't or hasn't contributed something good to history, you can separate achievements from sexual orientation... 

diesel

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on March 25, 2011, 12:08:33 PM
Let me be clear, I am not saying that a person of Gay Inclination can't or hasn't contributed something good to history, you can separate achievements from sexual orientation... 

Then why do we learn about the women's suffrage movement?

Backwards K

Quote from: diesel on March 25, 2011, 12:15:47 PM

Completely different unrelated topic,the Women's suffrage or woman suffrage is the right of women to vote and to run for office.

diesel

Quote from: INLIFEWEMAKECHOICES on March 25, 2011, 12:21:55 PM
Completely different unrelated topic,the Women's suffrage or woman suffrage is the right of women to vote and to run for office.

Why does it matter that they were women?

Forceuser

Quote from: diesel on March 25, 2011, 12:15:47 PM

Your right, they should never have left the kitchen...... :D :D :D

Sorry couldnt resist

"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

Football

izne1home

Quote from: JakeBaseball on March 25, 2011, 12:01:44 PM

I think there is a clear difference between gender and ethnicity on one hand, and the exploitation of deviant sexual desires on the other. 

JakeBaseball

Quote from: izne1home on March 25, 2011, 02:55:45 PM
I think there is a clear difference between gender and ethnicity on one hand, and the exploitation of deviant sexual desires on the other. 
According to?
That just happened

JakeBaseball

That just happened