News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Bullard Trying to Secede from FUSD

Started by valleynative, April 08, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel

Quote from: Coach Hurd on May 07, 2011, 04:22:25 PM
Absolutely, and I think CUSD has been doing a great job. When you get complacent and taking things for granted, that is when you start slipping. I have seen some slippage in my humble opinion. They are heads and shoulders above FUSD. 

I keep thinking about this issue and I don't think Clovis High would necessarily agree with you about the great job CUSD has done.  They went through a serious rough patch a couple years back that could be directly linked to the shifting boundaries that made Clovis East such a powerhouse.  It would seem that the recent realignment has brought Clovis High back to some measure of respectabiltity but that shift has really hurt CE.....at some point, CW will not be the golden child and they will also feel the sting of changing demographics and boundary shifts......jmo.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: diesel on May 08, 2011, 11:21:29 AM
I keep thinking about this issue and I don't think Clovis High would necessarily agree with you about the great job CUSD has done.  They went through a serious rough patch a couple years back that could be directly linked to the shifting boundaries that made Clovis East such a powerhouse.  It would seem that the recent realignment has brought Clovis High back to some measure of respectabiltity but that shift has really hurt CE.....at some point, CW will not be the golden child and they will also feel the sting of changing demographics and boundary shifts......jmo.

Considering that CW is the second of the five Clovis schools and everyone still wants to be close to them I don't see that changing anytime soon.

diesel

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on May 08, 2011, 11:44:07 AM
Considering that CW is the second of the five Clovis schools and everyone still wants to be close to them I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Bakersfield High is THE high school to be at in Bakersfield and it was the original high school.  CUSD made a decision to change boundaries in order to help jump-start CE at the expense of their first high school.  Like I sad, times change and communities age.  That is the only inevitable.  Can you guarantee that CW will receive the same kind of friendly boundary shifts that Bakersfield High has benefitted from?  They've been around for more than 100 years.....they've earned some measure of respect.  CUSD didn't exactly show that same attitude toward their first high school.....

diesel