News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Trump for President!

Started by MATZDAD, April 19, 2011, 04:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATZDAD

All Hail our soon to be new Commander in Chief!!!

Donald Trump!
"My only day off, is the day I pitch." - Roger Clemens

diesel

Quote from: MATZDAD on April 19, 2011, 04:08:35 PM
All Hail our soon to be new Commander in Chief!!!

Donald Trump!

Dude should wear clown shoes he's such a ding dong!  I'd vote for Palin before I'd vote for him!  If this is the best the Republicans got, then get ready for another 4 years of the Obama-nator!   ;)

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on April 19, 2011, 04:11:11 PM
Dude should wear clown shoes he's such a ding dong!  I'd vote for Palin before I'd vote for him!  If this is the best the Republicans got, then get ready for another 4 years of the Obama-nator!   ;)

Trump might not be presidential, but I'd love to see him debate Obama. He'd be up there in his clown shoes kicking Obama's butt all over the stage. 

If Trump is that inconsequential, why is he getting all the attention? 

And since when do we elect people because they are qualified?  Anybody with a catchy slogan and a twitter account can get elected these days.

BigHoss

Quote from: izne1home on April 19, 2011, 10:18:24 PM
Trump might not be presidential, but I'd love to see him debate Obama. He'd be up there in his clown shoes kicking Obama's butt all over the stage. 

And since when do we elect people because they are qualified?  Anybody with a catchy slogan and a twitter account can get elected these days.

Where's H. Ross Perot when you need him?
"Get both cheeks into it!"

MATZDAD

Quote from: izne1home on April 19, 2011, 10:18:24 PM

Funny! :D  (But how true is that?)  

I'm shocked at the low turn out for this topic.  I threw this up here kinda tongue and cheek, and expected to read some nice debates this morning.  I don't know how realistic Trump's ideas are, but he makes for an entertaining interview.  I agree with izne, Trump would eat Obama alive in a debate, and finish with "Barack, you're fired!"  
"My only day off, is the day I pitch." - Roger Clemens

bigfan

I REALLY like the way he says he would take on OPEC and tell the countries that we have been protecting to pay up.  The birther thing should be answered and because he is the only in the media carring the torch he get labeled with what has become a negative (Remember they did ask McCain to prove his birth)...Please nobody from the inside the beltway boys...please!
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Football

What's his foreign policy experience???  None from what I know of.  If he doesn't get the Republican nomination will he run as an independent/spoiler?

Right now I find Trump entertaining to listen to because he is not PC. 

Two people who I'd like see debate BHO would be Trump and Gingrich. 

bigfan

I have more "Foriegn Policy Experience" than bho...just keep in mind all those WITH foreign policy experience got us where we are today...like it or not... I for one do not like it!!  Reagan had what he got from being govenor...Trump gets his from doing/negoiating business world wide.

valleynative

Quote from: Football on April 20, 2011, 09:36:18 AM
What's his foreign policy experience???  None from what I know of.  If he doesn't get the Republican nomination will he run as an independent/spoiler?

Right now I find Trump entertaining to listen to because he is not PC. 

Two people who I'd like see debate BHO would be Trump and Gingrich. 

Not sure he could do all of what he says he would do as far as foreign policy.  Can we really tell the Chinese to go jump in a lake?  I love the idea, but is it realistic? 
Mmmm...same here...would LOVE to see Obama debate someone who could fire back and not get flustered like McCain did.
As for a presidential candidate...it is not in the cards, but I would love to see the gov of Texas with the gov of Arizona as his running mate  :)

izne1home

If Trump does nothing else between now and the election, he will put issues on the table and force a dialog that we probably wouldn't have in his absence.

For example, most politicians lack the mud to go on national TV and tell the Chinese they're looking at a 25% tariff if they keep manipulating the market.  But now that Trump has said it, the spineless politicians can debate it and all the while China will be paying very close attention.

Trump might not have a lot of foreign policy experience, but that's overrated since Obama had none.  Unlike Obama, Trump understands what motivates people - and that language is universal.  He has made plenty of money is several countries around the world.  That beats state department experience any day.

Trump has also stolen some of the thunder from Palin, which is a good thing.  She is not electable outside of Alaska.  Trump may not be either, but he is far superior in intellect and ability. 

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on April 20, 2011, 11:43:21 AM
If Trump does nothing else between now and the election, he will put issues on the table and force a dialog that we probably wouldn't have in his absence.

For example, most politicians lack the mud to go on national TV and tell the Chinese they're looking at a 25% tariff if they keep manipulating the market.  But now that Trump has said it, the spineless politicians can debate it and all the while China will be paying very close attention.

Trump might not have a lot of foreign policy experience, but that's overrated since Obama had none.  Unlike Obama, Trump understands what motivates people - and that language is universal.  He has made plenty of money is several countries around the world.  That beats state department experience any day.

Trump has also stolen some of the thunder from Palin, which is a good thing.  She is not electable outside of Alaska.  Trump may not be either, but he is far superior in intellect and ability. 

The problem with Trump is he's an egomaniac and once he gets even the slightest attention for considering the presidential seat, he's gonna screw the Republican party BIG TIME.  Kinda like Perot.....he'll split the Republican Party even worse than the Tea Partiers.....

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on April 20, 2011, 12:00:26 PM
The problem with Trump is he's an egomaniac and once he gets even the slightest attention for considering the presidential seat, he's gonna screw the Republican party BIG TIME.  Kinda like Perot.....he'll split the Republican Party even worse than the Tea Partiers.....

Maybe, but I think Trump is about 1000 times more savvy that Perot.  He'll get something from the party to make sure that split doesn't happen.

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on April 20, 2011, 12:04:52 PM
Maybe, but I think Trump is about 1000 times more savvy that Perot.  He'll get something from the party to make sure that split doesn't happen.

The Republicans should NEVER have put Palin on the ticket with McCain.....they basically hung him out to dry on that!  Put Romney or even Huckabee on the ticket with McCain and they have a real chance in 2008!  Hitch your wagon to Romney or Huckabee or BOTH and the Republicans become a serious threat again.....JMO.

valleynative

Quote from: diesel on April 20, 2011, 12:12:24 PM
The Republicans should NEVER have put Palin on the ticket with McCain.....they basically hung him out to dry on that!  Put Romney or even Huckabee on the ticket with McCain and they have a real chance in 2008!  Hitch your wagon to Romney or Huckabee or BOTH and the Republicans become a serious threat again.....JMO.

I think you are right about Romney...but not Huckabee...I like him, but don't think he would win.

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on April 20, 2011, 12:12:24 PM

I agree.  Putting Palin on the ticket was a desperation hail mary pass by the GOP.  It works for Kingsburg football, but not so much in politics.  

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on April 20, 2011, 12:14:38 PM
I agree.  Putting Palin on the ticket was a desperation hail mary pass by the GOP.  It works for Kingsburg football, but not so much in politics.  

Yeah, I really didn't get that move......they basically took all the moderates (like ME!) and gave them to Obama!  I REALLY like McCain and would have voted for him if they'd given him a better running mate......Romney and Huckabee just said no or what?

bigfan

Voting for BHO because of Palin and getting biden AND BHO???

We MUST get OFF the inside beltway crowd or we are REALLY doomed!!!  Believe me I am not a fan of anyone right now and honestly my vote seems to have been against !!  There in lies the challenge!!  We are in a BIG mess and you and I are paying for it.  NOW do you want me to bring up CALIFORNIA!!!  Beyond an "E Ticket"!!

Coach05

I really don't think there is a candidate out there that can run successful campaign against Obama at this moment.  I agree that Trump will give an entertaining debate, but thats all it will be is entertaining, he will not get the independents, well as long as he keeps this birther nonsense up.  The GOP needs someone strong from the south, but I can't seem to find one.
Pete Rose: "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball."

CWClassof2007

I really like the Governor of Louisana. I know he is an Indian guy but I can't quite remember his name. I think he wouldn't beat BHO because he is really conservative. But he is a smart guy.

bigfan

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 21, 2011, 01:49:21 AM
I really like the Governor of Louisana. I know he is an Indian guy but I can't quite remember his name. I think he wouldn't beat BHO because he is really conservative. But he is a smart guy.

Bobby Jindal...The press creamed him after his rebuttle to the state of the union a few years back.  So what else is new...if your not a lib the press goes after you with both barrells...keep telling a lie long enough and people will believe it.

bigfan