News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Osama Bin Laden dead, we got em

Started by Backwards K, May 01, 2011, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfan

"Surrender (refusal) 2 taps to the head...Congratulations to United States Seal Team Six!!  AND all support personell.

I love the "Buried at sea"...I would like to have seen that ceremony!!???!!...Dumped his terrorist sweet everlovin' overboard!!
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

ETKilla

Quote from: bigfan on May 02, 2011, 07:53:12 AM
"Surrender (refusal) 2 taps to the head...Congratulations to United States Seal Team Six!!  AND all support personell.

I love the "Buried at sea"...I would like to have seen that ceremony!!???!!...Dumped his terrorist sweet everlovin' overboard!!

That is the only thing that bothers me.  I mean drag that fool through Time Square behind a donkey or something.  Lets celebrate Afgany style.  Pretty soon we will get the pre recorded video of him saying he is not dead.  We'll spend billions trying to prove it, like we did Barry Bonds.  Hopefully this is all true and we can finish the job that we sent out to do.  Thank you to the troops!!
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

diesel

Quote from: ETKilla on May 02, 2011, 08:04:53 AM
That is the only thing that bothers me.  I mean drag that fool through Time Square behind a donkey or something.  Lets celebrate Afgany style.  Pretty soon we will get the pre recorded video of him saying he is not dead.  We'll spend billions trying to prove it, like we did Barry Bonds.  Hopefully this is all true and we can finish the job that we sent out to do.  Thank you to the troops!!

Let's hope they kept his head for future reference.......just in case!

MATZDAD

Great symbolic victory for the US!  :u:

Still... I'm so disappointed to hear he was living in luxury in plain site instead of scurring around caves for the past 10 years.  From what I've heard and read, it's a slap in the face from Pakistan!  His compound couldn't have been more obvious.  What took us so long?
"My only day off, is the day I pitch." - Roger Clemens

Spazzilla

Quote from: izne1home on May 02, 2011, 08:22:55 AM
Remember, this happened a week ago.  Obama was relatively certain they had Bin Laden and knew that when it was announced, it would trump all other news stories.  He also knew that the whole birth certificate issue was not good for him.  It was pretty smart to release the birth certificate a few days before releasing the news about Bin Laden.

I was thinking the same thing early this morning.  A well played move from a political perspective.  What a better way to kill the heat on the BC than kill public enemy number one a mere 4 days after he released it.    
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

diesel

Quote from: izne1home on May 02, 2011, 08:22:55 AM
Remember, this happened a week ago.  Obama was relatively certain they had Bin Laden and knew that when it was announced, it would trump all other news stories.  He also knew that the whole birth certificate issue was not good for him.  It was pretty smart to release the birth certificate a few days before releasing the news about Bin Laden.

That whole buried at sea thing bothers me.  They should have kept his body and pulled it out for special events or fundraisers.  How much would you pay to have your photo taken with Bin Laden? 

Are you saying he's not as stupid as you all make him out to be?  Now I REALLY want to see his school records!!  LOL!!!

izne1home

Quote from: diesel on May 02, 2011, 08:39:56 AM
Are you saying he's not as stupid as you all make him out to be?  Now I REALLY want to see his school records!!  LOL!!!

My bad..., I was off on my timing.  Sitting at home with the flu - I must be hearing things...

I never said he was stupid. 

BuddyLee

It was amazing to see the reaction of the people last night.  Crowds pouring out into the streets at the White House and Ground Zero.  My skpeticism of today's youth has been put in check. 

If someone had asked how our youth would have responded to the death of Osama.  I would have thought they would say who is Osama or why did they kill the president.

I wonder how the guy who pulled the trigger that dotted Bin Ladens eye celebrated last night.  That was probably better than any party at the Playboy Mansion......Maybe not

bigfan

"Osama bin Wasted"!!  Way to go boys!!  Way to go!!!

izne1home

Obama did a good job with his speech, and I'm glad he has kept up the pressure to find bin Laden.  But isn't it a little ironic that the information which lead to the name of the courier was obtained from detainees at Guantanamo Bay, who you know damned well had been water boarded a few times?

I think it is amusing to see the left suddenly acting like pro-military war hawks. 

whatahorse

Quote from: MATZDAD on May 02, 2011, 08:30:06 AM
Great symbolic victory for the US!  :u:

Still... I'm so disappointed to hear he was living in luxury in plain site instead of scurring around caves for the past 10 years.  From what I've heard and read, it's a slap in the face from Pakistan!  His compound couldn't have been more obvious.  What took us so long?

My son said no one trusted  ANY INTELL from ANY Middle eastern source......all lies and not to be trusted...hence the  SURPRISE by the Pakistani military and government.....can't trust a  thing they say.

bigfan

Quote from: whatahorse on May 02, 2011, 09:42:36 AM

My son said no one trusted  ANY INTELL from ANY Middle eastern source......all lies and not to be trusted...hence the  SURPRISE by the Pakistani military and government.....can't trust a  thing they say.

Indeed!! and they had no idea he was there too...gotta hand it to the planning,,,go for it(we will learn more in the ensuing days) the Pakistanis can't say anything with all that egg on their face so it appears!!??!!  Squawking begins....

Former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf on Monday accused the U.S. of violating his country's sovereignty by sending in special forces to kill Osama bin Laden.

"American troops coming across the border and taking action in one of our towns, that is Abbottabad, is not acceptable to the people of Pakistan. It is a violation of our sovereignty," Mr. Musharraf told CNN-IBN, an Indian news channel.

He added that it would have been "far better if Pakistani Special Services Group had operated and conducted the mission. To that extent, the modality of handling it and executing the operation is not correct."

Football

Obama should receive credit for keeping Gitmo open for business as well as keeping this special team together (comprised of numerous agencies, and who had been operating in the Middle East for years.)  Because BHO didn't dismantle what Bush/Cheney had put into place we were able to get Bin Laden.

Backwards K

\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

BuddyLee

Quote from: izne1home on May 02, 2011, 09:39:33 AM
Obama did a good job with his speech

I think it is amusing to see the left suddenly acting like pro-military war hawks. 

I usually feel like I have to defend Obama, but I was not very impressed with his speech.  For one he could have shoshown a little more enthusiasism.  I mean cmon, 10 yrs in waiting for this.  2nd of all it looked like when he went on TV was the first time he had read the speech.  How bout you practice it a couple of time before going live on air.

Other than that, It was a great day and you are right, all of a sudden everyone acts like they were supporting the war on terrorism the whole time.  Yeah right!

gnoix

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on May 02, 2011, 06:47:19 AM
Bin Laden at this compound since August.  9 months to pull the trigger!   Good grief.  Im not a special ops guy, but im thinking with the resources at our command, there is someone who coulda figured this out in less than 9 months. 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/20110502/pl_yblog_exclusive/the-secret-team-that-killed-bin-laden

Anyone seen the 'supposed' picture yet? Looks like bin Laden has no eyes.

Spazzilla

Quote from: gnoix on May 02, 2011, 10:48:50 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/20110502/pl_yblog_exclusive/the-secret-team-that-killed-bin-laden

Anyone seen the 'supposed' picture yet? Looks like bin Laden has no eyes.

It's already being alleged as a fake by many outlets.  Google. 'bin laden image fake'
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

bigfan

Quote from: dpbronco on May 02, 2011, 11:14:26 AM
It's already being alleged as a fake by many outlets.  Google. 'bin laden image fake'

The Obama administration has photographs of Osama bin Laden's dead body and officials are debating what to do with them and whether they should be released to the public, officials tell ABC News.

"There's no doubt it's him," says a US official who has seen the pictures and also reminds us that OBL was 6'4".

The argument for releasing them: to ensure that the public knows and can appreciate that he's dead. There is of course skepticism throughout the world that the US government claim that it killed bin Laden is true.

The argument against releasing the pictures: they're gruesome. He has a massive head wound above his left eye where he took bullet, with brains and blood visible.

diesel

Quote from: bigfan on May 02, 2011, 11:19:31 AM
The Obama administration has photographs of Osama bin Laden's dead body and officials are debating what to do with them and whether they should be released to the public, officials tell ABC News.

"There's no doubt it's him," says a US official who has seen the pictures and also reminds us that OBL was 6'4".

The argument for releasing them: to ensure that the public knows and can appreciate that he's dead. There is of course skepticism throughout the world that the US government claim that it killed bin Laden is true.

The argument against releasing the pictures: they're gruesome. He has a massive head wound above his left eye where he took bullet, with brains and blood visible.

I'm not looking forward to seeing it, but I'm glad it's there!   :u:

izne1home

Quote from: bigfan on May 02, 2011, 11:19:31 AM

They're acknowledging that a fake is being circulated, but promising that the real photos have not been released.

Besides, if he got tapped in the forehead, all he would have is a red dot above his eye.  The back of his head would be gone though.  I haven't seen the fake, but whoever photoshopped the fake needs to take a CSI class.

izne1home