News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Deshon "Pants On The Ground" Marmon

Started by bigfan, June 16, 2011, 07:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on September 06, 2011, 04:58:21 PM
You didnt see what went on BEFORE the video and AFTER the video.  Im sure the police were called because he was being POLITE and was being a perfect gentleman.  You didnt see what went on before and after that video. 

I tried to paint a 'SCENARIO" so it would be easier to understand, fictional, OF COURSE, but instead of reading the SCENARIO for what it was, you again read it for what it wasnt.  Cant help that, i can only try to explain things simply.  Seems it confused 

And when you paint those two scenarios you're assuming......based on your own bias......

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: diesel on September 07, 2011, 07:26:16 AM
And when you paint those two scenarios you're assuming......based on your own bias......

Therein lies your misinterpretation.

My point of view is TOTALLY lacking in bias.   WHen police are called, 99 percent of the time, its because someone is doing something wrong and out of line.  That is based of FACT, plain and simple.  If you believe that position is based off an assumption, then its an ASSUMPTION based off of facts.    If you can tell me where the bias is in that, I will bow down to your wisdom and perspective.

Diesel, in case you are missing something, tis YOU who are throwing in the only bias on this topic.  You are ASSUMING it was racism, and that the police were called because of RACISM.  That, my dear Diesel, is the POSTER DEFINITION of a Racist THought, and we all know, racism is a bias. 

No bias on my part, just simple elementary direct forward thinking.  Do i think racism exists HECK YA.  Do I think racism is bad.  Heck ya. 
When police are called in to arrest an idiot for being a belligerent moron who scared the crap out of 2 stewardesses enough for them to HAVE to call the police, do i think its racism, NO.  You are the one, and the press is the one, TURNING THIS INTO a racist subject by INJECTING BIAS. 

If I hand you a glass of what LOOKS LIKE water, smells like water and tastes like water, using MY way of thinking and logic, I assume its water.  Using your way of thinking you think its laced with arsenic. 

A non racist way of looking at this subject would be to think its water, until someone prooves there is ARSENIC in the water(my way of thinking) instead of assuming its there(when it isnt or hasnt proven to be)

Then again, when an Arizona State trooper pulls someone over speeding, and he is of hispanic descent, your way of thinking assumes he is being pulled over because he is hispanic,  but for some reason, ignore the facts that he was driving 100 mph in a school zone and shooting little kids when he drove by.   ITS GOTTA BE RACIST MAN. 
]

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on September 07, 2011, 09:54:45 AM
Therein lies your misinterpretation.

My point of view is TOTALLY lacking in bias.   WHen police are called, 99 percent of the time, its because someone is doing something wrong and out of line.  That is based of FACT, plain and simple.  If you believe that position is based off an assumption, then its an ASSUMPTION based off of facts.    If you can tell me where the bias is in that, I will bow down to your wisdom and perspective.

Diesel, in case you are missing something, tis YOU who are throwing in the only bias on this topic.  You are ASSUMING it was racism, and that the police were called because of RACISM.  That, my dear Diesel, is the POSTER DEFINITION of a Racist THought, and we all know, racism is a bias. 

No bias on my part, just simple elementary direct forward thinking.  Do i think racism exists HECK YA.  Do I think racism is bad.  Heck ya. 
When police are called in to arrest an idiot for being a belligerent moron who scared the crap out of 2 stewardesses enough for them to HAVE to call the police, do i think its racism, NO.  You are the one, and the press is the one, TURNING THIS INTO a racist subject by INJECTING BIAS. 

If I hand you a glass of what LOOKS LIKE water, smells like water and tastes like water, using MY way of thinking and logic, I assume its water.  Using your way of thinking you think its laced with arsenic. 

A non racist way of looking at this subject would be to think its water, until someone prooves there is ARSENIC in the water(my way of thinking) instead of assuming its there(when it isnt or hasnt proven to be)

Then again, when an Arizona State trooper pulls someone over speeding, and he is of hispanic descent, your way of thinking assumes he is being pulled over because he is hispanic,  but for some reason, ignore the facts that he was driving 100 mph in a school zone and shooting little kids when he drove by.   ITS GOTTA BE RACIST MAN. 

You're too funny.....your little description of Deshon's attitude is complete speculation.  You have no idea whether he used any foul language in any of his interactions with authorities.  You don't have any idea whether the rock star used any foul language during HIS altercation.  You are ASSUMING!!  The fact that you state Deshon scared the daylights out of some ficticious stewardess with NO FACTS tells us you have some preconceived notions about the issue at hand.  Notions that have no basis in fact.

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: diesel on September 07, 2011, 12:13:05 PM
You're too funny.....your little description of Deshon's attitude is complete speculation.  You have no idea whether he used any foul language in any of his interactions with authorities.  You don't have any idea whether the rock star used any foul language during HIS altercation.  You are ASSUMING!!  The fact that you state Deshon scared the daylights out of some ficticious stewardess with NO FACTS tells us you have some preconceived notions about the issue at hand.  Notions that have no basis in fact.

The fact that they called the police there einstein.  Dont know about where you come from, but airlines, grocery store owners, any normal person with an iq above a peanut, CALLS THE POLICE when something WRONG is happening.  What am i supposed to assume, that DeShon was a good guy?  You are the one jumping outside the PARADIGM to jump to a conclusion.  I am not ADDING anything to the equation that isnt there.  You are.  I guarantee you that if the police are called in 100 times,in a situation where someone isnt complying to rules and norms that a BRAIN DEAD MORON understand,  and you and I bet 1000 dollars every time that some MORON is doing something wrong, I WIN 99 times and we TIE ONCE.  THe TIE comes in when maybe someone DID jump to a conclusion and overreacted, but even then, in a FACTUAL court of law it would be a tie. 
]

Just_A_Fan

Diesel,

Not taking sides, BUT when was the last time you called the cops and had them respond just for the pleasure of their company?  Actually, if you do that, You are going to be in big trouble as they only want to be called when there is a problem.  They teach that to kids in grade school, so that isn't adding anything or assuming anything in the slightest.

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on September 07, 2011, 12:54:24 PM
The fact that they called the police there einstein.  Dont know about where you come from, but airlines, grocery store owners, any normal person with an iq above a peanut, CALLS THE POLICE when something WRONG is happening.  What am i supposed to assume, that DeShon was a good guy?  You are the one jumping outside the PARADIGM to jump to a conclusion.  I am not ADDING anything to the equation that isnt there.  You are.  I guarantee you that if the police are called in 100 times,in a situation where someone isnt complying to rules and norms that a BRAIN DEAD MORON understand,  and you and I bet 1000 dollars every time that some MORON is doing something wrong, I WIN 99 times and we TIE ONCE.  THe TIE comes in when maybe someone DID jump to a conclusion and overreacted, but even then, in a FACTUAL court of law it would be a tie. 

I don't think I ever said anything about Deshon being "innocent".  My point is that Deshon, the little old white guy in blue, and the rock star all were accused of the same thing, dressing inappropriately.  All were dealt with in different ways.  The boy in blue was allowed to fly, Deshon was arrested, and the rock star was delayed but allowed to fly on a later flight with no police.  You've implied (with no basis in fact) that Deshon was somehow more beligerent or rude or "scary" than the other two and that's why he was arrested.  The only PROOF I can go to is the video of Deshon being very courteous and never uttering one curse word while you make up stories about how it "probably" happened.  And then you imply that I'm not very intelligent because I don't agree with you.  Way to make your point.........

OriginalCVFan

Diesel, i have always said you were intelligent.  What i am saying is, you are putting the pieces together and making it something it isnt.  ALso, intelligent and smart dont always coexist.  Dont assume I am implying anything.  What i was SAYING is, most people see it at face value, while you see a hidden '[color]  Most of us see the COLOR you are talking about, but most of us realize the COLOR you see is just that, a color, that is a small portion of the picture, and you seem to make it THE ENTIRE picture, by covering up the simple details with the strong color.

The three were all handled 'appropriately' based upon their own actions at the time and place they were at.  NOBODY did anything wrong, just handled appropriately.     Just because they were handled differently, you assume its a race and a bias thing.  Most people well, they see it as a function of the way the three handled themselves WHICH, if you werent there,which  is the ONLY way you can see it.  Anything else, is just pure supposition.  Our way is supposition based on the simplicity of the information and STANDARDS that are the only facts we can rely on.  Yours is the suppostion based upon splashing the entire picture with bright pink(or blue, or black)

]

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on September 07, 2011, 02:28:21 PM
Diesel, i have always said you were intelligent.  What i am saying is, you are putting the pieces together and making it something it isnt.  ALso, intelligent and smart dont always coexist.  Dont assume I am implying anything.  What i was SAYING is, most people see it at face value, while you see a hidden '[color]  Most of us see the COLOR you are talking about, but most of us realize the COLOR you see is just that, a color, that is a small portion of the picture, and you seem to make it THE ENTIRE picture, by covering up the simple details with the strong color.

The three were all handled 'appropriately' based upon their own actions at the time and place they were at.  NOBODY did anything wrong, just handled appropriately.     Just because they were handled differently, you assume its a race and a bias thing.  Most people well, they see it as a function of the way the three handled themselves WHICH, if you werent there,which  is the ONLY way you can see it.  Anything else, is just pure supposition.  Our way is supposition based on the simplicity of the information and STANDARDS that are the only facts we can rely on.  Yours is the suppostion based upon splashing the entire picture with bright pink(or blue, or black)

The funny thing about this whole deal is we're both assuming what happened on that plane with Deshon.....the difference is I'm making my point based on a small bit of actual evidence (the video) while yours is based on what?  The police wouldn't come running if there weren't a problem??  hmmmmm.......okay???

OriginalCVFan

Yip, the police came by just to get his autograph and ask him to buy a raffle ticket.  You go with that.

The video you saw was after the polilce were called, and he realized he f(&ed up and was trying to backpeddle. 

But hey, Next time you go to the grocery store, I bet the police are going to show up at the counter and handcuff you because you said thank you to the nice cashier.  Happens all the time.  Dang, I guess I lead a sheltered life, and thought police showed up only to be racist. 

No wonder the world is falling apart. 
]

diesel

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on September 07, 2011, 03:26:50 PM
Yip, the police came by just to get his autograph and ask him to buy a raffle ticket.  You go with that.

The video you saw was after the polilce were called, and he realized he f(&ed up and was trying to backpeddle. 

But hey, Next time you go to the grocery store, I bet the police are going to show up at the counter and handcuff you because you said thank you to the nice cashier.  Happens all the time.  Dang, I guess I lead a sheltered life, and thought police showed up only to be racist. 

No wonder the world is falling apart. 

The police come running when they're called.......my point is this; they weren't called for the boy in blue or the rock star.......the reason they weren't called......is debatable.......

OriginalCVFan

Quote from: diesel on September 07, 2011, 07:57:04 PM
The police come running when they're called.......my point is this; they weren't called for the boy in blue or the rock star.......the reason they weren't called......is debatable.......

We agree 100% on this point.

When its raining, one can debate the reasons for that as well.  I choose to 'assume', due to 40+ years of studying science and engineering, and watching the weather channel, that when it rains, its due to several HUNDRED variables that all come together to create a situation where moisture drops from the sky.  Others can debate its the Norse God Freyr, God of Weather, causing the rain.  I tend to 'assume' the scientific approach, while a select group of others seem to want to believe in something that may or may not be there. 
]

izne1home

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on September 08, 2011, 07:29:34 AM
Others can debate its the Norse God Freyr, God of Weather, causing the rain.   

Maybe diesel is from Kingsburg. 

valleynative

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on September 08, 2011, 07:29:34 AM
We agree 100% on this point.

When its raining, one can debate the reasons for that as well.  I choose to 'assume', due to 40+ years of studying science and engineering, and watching the weather channel, that when it rains, its due to several HUNDRED variables that all come together to create a situation where moisture drops from the sky.  Others can debate its the Norse God Freyr, God of Weather, causing the rain.  I tend to 'assume' the scientific approach, while a select group of others seem to want to believe in something that may or may not be there. 

Actually, I have found it is the tarantulas.  Not sure what it is that they do, but when they start roaming around, rain is on the way.  There was one on the patio last night...time to get the umbrellas out!   :)

flexmac3

Quote from: diesel on September 07, 2011, 07:57:04 PM
diesel, your points are right on, even a blind man can see this man was treated wrong. Not because of the saggy pants, but because the airline company chose him, and let those same types to walk into their airplanes worst looking than Deshon. We can speculate what was said, but it just doesnt look good for this airline company.
every day similar cases are popping up, and now they always  refer to the Deshon case.
This really isnt an issue, just say you are sorry, throw in some free airline tickets, and everything is forgotten, why does this company want to be the poster board for saggy pants.
Deshon should put pressure on the airline, an announce that he is suing. 

flexmac3