News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Middle East

Started by izne1home, April 16, 2024, 04:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izne1home

So..., what is Israel's next move against Iran?  Can the US avoid being drawn into this crisis, or is it Biblically predestined?  Does this bode well for Biden?

Asking for a friend.

Coastfan

I'll deal just with the question, does this bode well for Biden? Short answer...no.

As we are seeing the fallout from the Israel/Hamas war and Saturday's attack from Iran against Israel, there is a contingency of Americans (some citizens, some not I would guess) who are pro-whoever, but definitely anti-Israel. While there are some alt-right voters out there (i.e. check out Tucker Carlson) who might fall into the anti-Israel category, the overwhelming majority of anti-Israel citizens in America are certainly not Trump voters. In our binary electoral system that means President Biden as the alternative. There was an impromptu rally over the weekend in Dearborn, Michigan where the protestors, overwhelmingly Arab, chanted death to America. While the chant is chilling (occurring on US soil), it's the location that is important. 150,000 votes separated the two candidates in Michigan. According to the 2020 census, there are 200,000+ Arabs in Michigan.
During the democratic presidential primary held a couple of months ago, over 100,000 Michigan voters (fun fact: they were Arab) voted "uncommitted" and did not vote for President Biden.

President Biden, and his team, know how razor thin the electoral college vote is going to be in 2024. In some of these key electoral states (one being Michigan), 16 Michigan electoral college votes going to President Trump instead of Biden could mean a President Trump victory. President Biden is between a rock and a hard place with the Middle East region right now. He has shown support and recommitted our allyship with Israel. Arab-Americans are not happy with this. They are more anti-Israel than pro-President Biden. Their non-votes in this upcoming election could prove pivotal.

izne1home

I agree, and therein lies the dilemma. 

Will voters respect a politician who goes pitifully soft on the message and panders to the crowds, or one who remains committed to doing the right thing regardless of the reaction?

It's the same dilemma most pastors face today.   

eylchamps

I heard a pastor say that we, American Christians, support Israel when they don't follow Christ. They deny him as a deity. Why do we support them? That makes sense to me. We need to stop making this about religion and belief. There is probably a deeper reason on the political level.
Biden needs to find a peaceful solution with Iran and the Middle East. Also, support Israel. Many Americans, big money, are Jews that run TV, hollywood and other big corporations. He does not want to lose them.
On the other hand, Trump is in a tough spot too. His son-in-law and daughter are Jews. but we all know Trump thinks very little of his family when it comes to his power and status. He also needs that big money support.
GOP and Dems have to walk a fine line.
WYL wishes they were the EYL

izne1home

I'm not sure the pastor's reasoning for withdrawing support would meet the Biblical standard.  But my comment about the pastor dilemma was intended to be much broader than what-to-do about Israel. Do they go soft on gay rights, trans rights, abortion, and other current hot sin topics to grow their flocks like Joel Osteen? Or do they go full fire and brimstone like Greg Locke? 

What would American Christians do (as opposed to all other Christians around the world)?

izne1home

Quote from: eylchamps on April 18, 2024, 09:24:57 AMI heard a pastor say that we, American Christians, support Israel when they don't follow Christ. They deny him as a deity. Why do we support them? 

I stumbled across this on social media.  I'm not endorsing it, but this might be an answer for your American Christian pastor:

Did you know that the time clock of the return of Jesus Christ isn't based on America's timeline? It's based on what is happening in Israel.

Did you know Jesus wasn't a "Christian" ? He was a Jew. He celebrated and kept the Jewish holy days and customs, as well as the feasts of the LORD. He didn't come to eradicate the Torah and writing of the Prophets / Old Testament. He came to fulfill the prophecies that were written in them.

When Jesus returns, He isn't returning to the United States. The Bible says He is going to plant His foot down on the Mount of Olives and go through the Eastern Gate, which is currently sealed off with 16 feet of concrete. A cemetery was also placed in front of that gate because touching the dead makes a Jew considered unclean and unable to enter the Temple, which is considered Holy. The Word of GOD says He will return there and from there He will rule and reign for 1,000 years.

The final battle isn't going to be on U.S. soil. It's going to be in the Valley of Megiddo, in Israel. The Bible says as the nations wage war against Israel Jesus will come and destroy His enemies with the breath of His mouth. 2 Thess 2:8

GOD did not replace the Jews with Christians as some believe. We are actually grafted in with them as you would graft a wild branch into an existing tree.
The Word of GOD says, "When you touch Israel, you touch the Apple of GOD's eye." Zechariah 2:8

"He that keeps Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps. The LORD is thy keeper." Psalm 121:4

"I will bless those that bless you and I will curse those that curse you." Genesis 12:3

We are also commanded to pray for the peace of Jerusalem in Psalm 122.

CWClassof2007

The best pastors I ever had never really talked about politics.

izne1home

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 19, 2024, 12:57:27 PMThe best pastors I ever had never really talked about politics.

That's good.  It's the functional equivalent of a politician trying to deliver a sermon.

Bronco

Quote from: izne1home on April 19, 2024, 02:13:32 PMThat's good.  It's the functional equivalent of a politician trying to deliver a sermon.
Quote from: izne1home on April 19, 2024, 02:13:32 PMThat's good.  It's the functional equivalent of a politician trying to deliver a sermon.
They both have an agenda. And will sell it to anybody they can get to listen - and pay for it.

Bronco