News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Cheerleading Tryouts

Started by bhsman, May 13, 2008, 06:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhsman

OK, for some reason a few months back, some well intentioned, but misguided Moderator decided to close the ACTUAL BEST TOPIC EVER on this site, because the thread actually threatened to surpass Basketball, Wrestling, and some other entire THREADS on this site. 

I for one understood their fear, that we as a website were starting to legitimize the previously social pasttime of cheerleading, but we have done a great disservice to the site by doing this.

That being said, I have to throw out there the question that is burning on everyones hearts and minds right now.  2008/2009 cheer and pep/dance tryouts are in full swing and may be over by now.   Are there any stories of interest out there.  What about major upsets in the gym?  Any newcomers to the area that we need to be aware of that will change the cheerleading landscape of the valley?  Injuries?  were there any pulled muscles or deaths during tryouts this year that could possibly hurt a cheer teams chances or rankings in the valley?  Any transfers from a DI school to a private or lower level school just so they can make the team or be a starter instead of JV?   

How about camps.  Are there any cheer camps out there that your team is attending?  How about the rule changes by the CIF that outlaw LOUD MUSIC and CHEERS going on when your team has the ball.  Any illegal transfers we want to rant about?  Does Sanger have another MALE that is going to dominate the football sideline as he did 2 years ago, after having parents sue the district just to be allowed on the team? 

Any new uniforms we need to be aware of?  I hear Nike and Adidas are combining with Valentino and Jimmy Choo for a new, untested fabric and design that are going to give the rich schools a distinct advantage over the less fortunate in air time, wind breakage, and plain old WOW factor while being worn in competition.  Fits so tight that it keeps a forced smile on all the cheerleaders faces. 

Chime in.  What are your thoughts. 

Spazzilla

First, that well intentioned, misguided Moderator you speak of was site owner dbrown

Second, it had already passed the record for most replied thread ever at the time.

Third,  He locked it down because it had already ran its course and there was nothing more being discussed.

Lastly, I could be wrong, but I am tasting a hint of sarcasm in your post.   :)
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

jbryant

Quote from: bhsman on May 13, 2008, 06:53:36 AM
OK, for some reason a few months back, some well intentioned, but misguided Moderator decided to close the ACTUAL BEST TOPIC EVER on this site, because the thread actually threatened to surpass Basketball, Wrestling, and some other entire THREADS on this site. 

I for one understood their fear, that we as a website were starting to legitimize the previously social pasttime of cheerleading, but we have done a great disservice to the site by doing this.

That being said, I have to throw out there the question that is burning on everyones hearts and minds right now.  2008/2009 cheer and pep/dance tryouts are in full swing and may be over by now.   Are there any stories of interest out there.  What about major upsets in the gym?  Any newcomers to the area that we need to be aware of that will change the cheerleading landscape of the valley?  Injuries?  were there any pulled muscles or deaths during tryouts this year that could possibly hurt a cheer teams chances or rankings in the valley?  Any transfers from a DI school to a private or lower level school just so they can make the team or be a starter instead of JV?   

How about camps.  Are there any cheer camps out there that your team is attending?  How about the rule changes by the CIF that outlaw LOUD MUSIC and CHEERS going on when your team has the ball.  Any illegal transfers we want to rant about?  Does Sanger have another MALE that is going to dominate the football sideline as he did 2 years ago, after having parents sue the district just to be allowed on the team? 

Any new uniforms we need to be aware of?  I hear Nike and Adidas are combining with Valentino and Jimmy Choo for a new, untested fabric and design that are going to give the rich schools a distinct advantage over the less fortunate in air time, wind breakage, and plain old WOW factor while being worn in competition.  Fits so tight that it keeps a forced smile on all the cheerleaders faces. 

Chime in.  What are your thoughts. 

Cummon' bhsman, are you serious?... Which cheerleader hacked into your computer and posted this ridiculous crap?! It's time for spring football, not back hand springs!

bchssoccer

This was really funny to read.  Thanks for the "forced smile" so early in the morning.
"You can teach what you know, but you will reproduce who you are."

diesel

If nothing else, you gotta give it up for that pic, man!!  TOO FUNNY!!!

bchssoccer

Quote from: dlineguy on May 13, 2008, 08:57:03 AM
If nothing else, you gotta give it up for that pic, man!!  TOO FUNNY!!!
Yeah... a bobble head cheerleader?!  What are you kidding me!?  Where do they make those?  Oh wait... is that Suzy Wilson!?  Yeah.. she has throws a wicked back handspring, 2 foot toe touch.  She's a legend.  I'll give you 2 cents for it!

Spazzilla

Quote from: bhsman on May 13, 2008, 08:54:58 AM
Cmon DP.  That cheerleading thread was the FUNNIEST thread in the history of this site.

Secondly, of COURSE it is laden with sarcasm.  Its the lowest form of humor, that everyone should be able to understand.

Thirdly, the CW HC thread lost any sort of relevance and ran its course a month ago too, but it is still open!

CMON man, have some fun.  Us Drilla's have a sense of humor. 

Never said it wasn't funny, hell, I had my fun posting in it.  The CW topic has run it's course for the most part, but there still continues to be good discussion there about the new coach and what he's up to in Clovis.  If dbrown wants to lock it down, that's his call and that's fine by me. 
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

ETKilla

Quote from: bhsman on May 13, 2008, 09:30:11 AM
I heard BHS has a transfer from Texas moving into town and she is going to take over the squad!  Gonna hear good things from BHS cheer this year.  Go Drilla's.

For what I understand, here in the TRAC Clovis North has an up-and-coming team.  They should compete for a title real soon.  Cw has to be the favorite returning 9 starters from last years team.  Their tall and athletic.  Clovis is on the way down, they can't even inspire the football team to one win.  Watch out for Buchanan this year, 2 new girls from Long Beach.  Heard they were pretty good tumblers. 
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

Spazzilla

Quote from: ETKilla on May 13, 2008, 10:25:13 AM
For what I understand, here in the TRAC Clovis North has an up-and-coming team.  They should compete for a title real soon.  Cw has to be the favorite returning 9 starters from last years team.  Their tall and athletic.  Clovis is on the way down, they can't even inspire the football team to one win.  Watch out for Buchanan this year, 2 new girls from Long Beach.  Heard they were pretty good tumblers. 

This would be a year that I feel small town cheerleaders would be able to really compete with some of the premiere programs in the valley.  This years DP squad returns eight Varsity cheerleaders, four of which have been been on the team since their Freshman year!  The four they gain from last years awesome JV squad will easily fill the shoes of our graduating class. 

This years squad can do it all.  They can run, jump, do the splits, tumble, basket weave, make signs, bake sale, practice more than two days a week, and even cheer in unison!  I'm telling you, watch out.  The Broncets are going to be rocking a halftime show near you!
  - Hannah Arendt

diesel

Any truth to the rumors that CE's pep squad is juicing??

I also heard that East Bako's squad has some really BIG girls on the cheer team but they don't move particularly well....just what I heard... :)-

ETKilla

I know Bako usually has some big kids that can move well, not too familiar though.  Should be interesting.  CE girls are bigger than the rest, but those are just rumors.  Lets not smear the names of good girls here.
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

diesel

I would never call anyone out by NAME!  LOL!!!!

bigfan

This one tops them all!

I did hear that they fired/relieved the current coordinator at CW...and after going to the State Cships.  Just another in the wake of "Parent Wrath" that is the driving force behind this questionable departure! 
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

bchssoccer

Our team captain snapped a twig... so we're going to be hurting in leadership this year.  I do hear that there's a wicked 8th grader coming in next year.  I hope she brings the rest of that championship 8th grade team with her.  It'll add the depth we need...

diesel

Now you know that pom pom c-ships at the junior high level don't necessarily equate to varsity wins!!  Come on, man!!

diesel

Anyone hear anything about implants?  I heard on the radio this morning that Texas has a limit to the amount of silicone a person can have in their body.  I wonder if that affects the cheer squads in Texas?

bchssoccer

Quote from: dlineguy on May 13, 2008, 12:56:45 PM
Now you know that pom pom c-ships at the junior high level don't necessarily equate to varsity wins!!  Come on, man!!
I said depth... not championships!  I know there's a lot of maturing and weight room work that will need to happen between now and their Jr/Sr years, but depth is important.  Don't ya think?  maybe they'll mature into true champions at the next level.  We can only hope with a good coach, weight lifting program, and lots of chocolate milk... we're going all the way baby!

diesel

Quote from: bchssoccer on May 13, 2008, 02:24:32 PM
......and lots of chocolate milk... we're going all the way baby!

More Ovaltine, please?!

bigfan

Quote from: bchssoccer on May 13, 2008, 02:24:32 PM
I said depth... not championships!  I know there's a lot of maturing and weight room work that will need to happen between now and their Jr/Sr years, but depth is important.  Don't ya think?  maybe they'll mature into true champions at the next level.  We can only hope with a good coach, weight lifting program, and lots of chocolate milk... we're going all the way baby!

We've been going all the way for a Looooong Time baby!  You just wait this year we'll be right there when the team needs us!!
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

tonynonose

Quote from: dpbronco on May 13, 2008, 10:32:16 AM
This would be a year that I feel small town cheerleaders would be able to really compete with some of the premiere programs in the valley.  This years DP squad returns eight Varsity cheerleaders, four of which have been been on the team since their Freshman year!  The four they gain from last years awesome JV squad will easily fill the shoes of our graduating class. 

This years squad can do it all.  They can run, jump, do the splits, tumble, basket weave, make signs, bake sale, practice more than two days a week, and even cheer in unison!  I'm telling you, watch out.  The Broncets are going to be rocking a halftime show near you!
Well, i believe some of the girls from schools up in the mountains didn't pass the random drug tests. They are no longer part of the cheerleading/ffa/hunting/fishing team. Significant portions of beaver tranquilizers, anabolic steroids used for horse rehabilitation and other interesting substances were found to be in the test results of 45 of 47 cheerleaders and mascots.  :huh: :D

you gotta love dodgeball :D :D :D

tonynonose