News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Cheerleading Tryouts

Started by bhsman, May 13, 2008, 06:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diesel

Quote from: bigfan on May 13, 2008, 05:18:04 PM
We've been going all the way for a Looooong Time baby!  You just wait this year we'll be right there when the team needs us!!

I heard you were going DOWN this year!!   ;)

bchssoccer

"You can teach what you know, but you will reproduce who you are."

ETKilla

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on May 14, 2008, 07:31:12 AM
Did anyone say DODGEBALL?

Patches O'Houlihan: [giving the pre-match pep talk] And will someone catch a goddamn ball? It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there!

White Goodman: We should mate.
Kate Veatch: What?
White Goodman: Date! We should date some time. Socially. Go out and kick it.
[Kate retches, then forces it down]
White Goodman: Are you okay?
Kate Veatch: I'm fine. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
White Goodman: In some cultures, they only eat vomit. I never been there, but I read about it... *in a book*.

But you cant finish a good cheerleading post without a memorable quote from the Remember the Titans version for cheerleaders  "BRING IT ON"

Sparky: I am a choreographer. That's what I do. You are cheerleaders. Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded. What you do is a tiny, pathetic subset of dancing. I will attempt to turn your robotic routines into poetry, written with the human body. Follow me, or perish, sweater monkeys

You're a sick human. 
Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

Mon Tu

Quote from: ETKilla on May 13, 2008, 10:25:13 AM
  Clovis is on the way down, they can't even inspire the football team to one win. 

I heard even the Cougie Mascot got the "Golden Handshake". But apparently JC has assembled a Stellar cheerleading coaching staff as well to motivate on the boxes.

diesel

It may have been golden but I don't know if it was a handshake!

Chuck Norris

I would have to give the upperhand to the Clovis schools.  They spend all year round cheering, and spend summertime at camps to get ready for the season.  :u:
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures I have allowed to live.

bchssoccer

Quote from: Chuck Norris on May 14, 2008, 12:34:44 PM
I would have to give the upperhand to the Clovis schools.  They spend all year round cheering, and spend summertime at camps to get ready for the season.  :u:

Does Chuck give kicking lessons?  I think our cheerleaders would be interested... help us get a "leg up" on the competition... ahem... leg up...

bchssoccer

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on May 15, 2008, 06:22:58 AM
More from the Cult Classic "BRING IT ON"

Courtney: Why does everyone have to go on a diet?
Sparky: Because! In cheerleading we throw people into the air. And fat people don't go as high.
I think that the more I see these quotes from Sparky, the more I like him.  I wonder if he ever wrote a book on how to motivate?  The guy has the X factor...

bchssoccer

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on May 16, 2008, 07:50:21 AM
If you've never seen the movie, you need to watch it!  Sparky is a hoot.
I've seen it... but I've never really taken into consideration how profound the guy is.  Man... he's a flippin genius...

needatd

This is interesting and very informative, but pointless.  CE PEP is the best in the Valley they have a strict regimen they follow daily:
HGH  2 x day     
creatine  3 x day
weightroom 30 - 45 minutes and work when coach is looking your way

they are a little larger so as mentioned they don't get much air so we pile up in one spot and reach for it. ;)
no retreat, no surrender

hsfan

Quote from: bhsman on May 30, 2008, 07:22:38 PM
Any cheerleaders going to the passing leagues/tournaments?

I believe there's a half dozen from Shady Oaks that will try to make it --two of them are under 70  - so should look good in their old cheer outfits  :u:
For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

Spazzilla

Well DP had cheer tryouts back in May, and let me tell you, was there some drama.  However, the team has moved past that and has been practicing 3 days a week all summer and also spent time at the prestigious 'Cheer USA' camp.

The DP cheer squad will be ready for the up coming season.  Look out small schools, DP is a comin'.
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

jbryant

Quote from: dpbronco on August 04, 2008, 09:18:59 AM
Look out small schools, DP is a comin'.

dpbronco -- there are two words in this sentence (well, one abbreviation and one word) that caught my eye and sound inconspicuously titillating in this context (LoL). I'll let you guess which ones!  :D

Spazzilla

Quote from: jbryant on August 05, 2008, 01:47:02 PM
dpbronco -- there are two words in this sentence (well, one abbreviation and one word) that caught my eye and sound inconspicuously titillating in this context (LoL). I'll let you guess which ones!  :D

Combined that with your description of how 'titilating' it is, heck, that makes for a good night!
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

laidback

Quote from: hsfan on May 30, 2008, 07:32:03 PM
I believe there's a half dozen from Shady Oaks that will try to make it --two of them are under 70  - so should look good in their old cheer outfits  :u:
hsfan you are too funny. I love it when you slip one of your Shady Oaks jokes in.
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

Spazzilla

Quote from: bhsman on August 05, 2008, 02:53:43 PM
I always was worried when Mr. Bronco started his name out with DP, but now JBryant has outed him. 

Hey,  'member, Dos Palos = Two Sticks.   :u:
  - Hannah Arendt

hsfan

Quote from: laidback on August 05, 2008, 05:59:07 PM
hsfan you are too funny. I love it when you slip one of your Shady Oaks jokes in.

Thank you laidback--I will not be posting for a week or two.I am in mourning because three of our 6 cheerleaders have passed away since my post of 5-30-08--very sad !
For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

LamontJoeII

Quote from: hsfan on August 05, 2008, 08:55:13 PM
Thank you laidback--I will not be posting for a week or two.I am in mourning because three of our 6 cheerleaders have passed away since my post of 5-30-08--very sad !

My condolences, HS Fan.   :D
"Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve."
-Tom Landry-

laidback

Quote from: hsfan on August 05, 2008, 08:55:13 PM

There you go again. See, I don't know if you're kidding or not.
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

Don Vito

Quote from: OriginalCVFan on August 04, 2008, 10:08:24 AM
Bullard is in a transition year for the cheer squad. Although LOADED with talent, controversy at the coaching spot has forced the school to release the coach of her duties, and, well, the JURY is out.  Depends on who is calling the choreography for the very talented squad.  Rumor has it that the new coach will NOT allow loud music and extremely loud microphone cheers during the offensive plays, which has hindered the performance of the squad in the past, making them look silly.

Fantastic, hopefully they sent the bad sound system packing with her. :D :D :D

Don Vito