News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Farewell central valley

Started by taysdad, February 10, 2018, 10:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taysdad

I accepted a transfer for work and last week my family and I moved to the Salt Lake City area. Bakersfield was home for all 31 years of my life and central valley football played a huge role in that. From peewee at 9 years old through playing at liberty and then coaching at liberty for 6 years. I'll truly cherish all the memories of playing and coaching and watching high school football in the valley. We'll see how these Utah boys compare come fall. I'm also excited to check out some pac 12 football at the university of Utah. I'll be following the season through here so y'all better keep the updates coming. Have a great off season, passing league, and season y'all.

Pats up!

laidback

Good luck on your new adventure. It must be exciting for you. When my wife retires in the next 2 or 3 years, my goal is to move to Idaho.
LOYALTY - PRIDE - HONOR

IceL

taysdad good luck & congrats to you on your new job in Utah buddy wish you nothing but the best for you... Always remember want to updated on Central Valley HS Football we got you covered and come visit whenever you get the chance.
Herba-life, Workout, All Day, Fresno, You know, who are we, 24 Fit, Who am I, I am a Champion!, How do you feel, Great, What time is it, Shake time. #HERBALIFE #24FIT #FRESNO

Spazzilla

Best of luck bud, stay in touch, let us know if you need a good reference on your local BB board ;)
"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

bksflddan

Good Luck! Have friends who moved to Cedar City recently. Beautiful area ...
I enjoyed the two times we raced at Tooele. I believe you'll like the clean air and scenery as well.

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Bronco

I like Cedar City a lot more then the Salt Lake area - much more "small town" feel. But both are much nicer then the S.J. Valley !! You're going to have to get used to the snow though . Good luck

taysdad

thanks everyone. i'll probably have to wait until next winter to get used to the snow. it's been a very mild winter from what i've been told. one guy said he's only used his snowblower once this winter, when usually he uses it between 30-40 times. the job is in north salt lake, i think we'll end up settling in to one of the smaller towns north or west of the salt lake area. thanks again for the words. i won't be a stranger.

axel foley

hopefully you arent into nightlife... we went there for a basketball tournament and EVERYTHING shut down at 9.

knightsrule04

Very nice. I spent last summer in Ogden, and will likely do the same this coming summer (working for the baseball team there). They do love their sports in Utah, so there should be good games to catch.
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

taysdad

Quote from: knightsrule04 on February 13, 2018, 11:44:45 PM
Very nice. I spent last summer in Ogden, and will likely do the same this coming summer (working for the baseball team there). They do love their sports in Utah, so there should be good games to catch.

yeah. have already caught an ogden mustangs game (aau hockey). going to the usc/utah basketball game saturday. wanna catch a jazz game and can't wait for college football season.

TeddyKGB

knightsrule04

Quote from: taysdad on February 19, 2018, 06:22:06 AM
yeah. have already caught an ogden mustangs game (aau hockey). going to the usc/utah basketball game saturday. wanna catch a jazz game and can't wait for college football season.
Cool. A friend who also works for the Raptors baseball team in Ogden handles the Mustangs PA duties. If you want to come to a game this summer, let me know and I'll leave a ticket for you (assuming I head back up there).
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

taysdad

Quote from: knightsrule04 on February 19, 2018, 09:01:11 PM
Cool. A friend who also works for the Raptors baseball team in Ogden handles the Mustangs PA duties. If you want to come to a game this summer, let me know and I'll leave a ticket for you (assuming I head back up there).

awesome! sounds like a plan. thanks bud

taysdad

taysdad