News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Arax

Started by tru guru, September 21, 2023, 08:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tru guru

Far be it for me to post a rumor but......Word down at the Elbow Room is that Donnie is out at Bullard..... as in right now not the end of the season.  I guess we'll find out soon enough.

gtshark1

Confirmed by Pag. Odd timing.

CWClassof2007

Am I crazy to say that Bullard & Edison's drop in success has more to do with the state of FUSD as a whole?

steve-o

Quote from: gtshark1 on September 22, 2023, 05:50:36 AM
Confirmed by Pag. Odd timing.
I saw this in the middle of the night;-(
if your not cheating your not trying!!

steve-o

Who will be the interm?
if your not cheating your not trying!!

good #2

According to Pagmeters post, it will be Brandon Gilbert, former assistant coach and current AD at Bullard.

Country Club Coach

Fresno Unified just killed its last somewhat competitive football program.  Let mediocrity reign!

Darth Backer

Quote from: Country Club Coach on September 22, 2023, 08:11:51 AM
Fresno Unified just killed its last somewhat competitive football program.  Let mediocrity reign!

My thoughts as well. They can now insure "equity" throughout the entire district... Look at Title IX, we don't build things up to make them equal in this country, we tear them down.

Cristobal

This is a great example of how to totally mishandle a situation.

Country Club Coach

Quote from: Darth Backer on September 22, 2023, 08:23:06 AM
My thoughts as well. They can now insure "equity" throughout the entire district... Look at Title IX, we don't build things up to make them equal in this country, we tear them down.

Equity  the 2nd most dangerous word in the English language. Only Safety is more dangerous.  FUSD cant wait to have only Div 3 football teams with coaches that aren't about holding a standard, but just going with the flow. 

tru guru

Question.......When you fire your HC midseason, and he runs all your strength and conditioning classes, what do you do?  Transfer him to the junior high or what?

ironman45

they'd definitely transfer him somewhere, but probably not the jr. he would at least transfer with another pe teacher at bullard for the time being until they figure out logistics. it just depends on the actual situation, so i'm sure more details will come in the following days

tru guru

Another Question......What should we read into the AD taking over as interim coach?  Does it mean they do not have a qualified assistant on staff?  Does the reason for Donnie's sudden "release"  permeate the whole program and there's going to be a massive purge of football staff at some point?  Or, does it mean nothing at all?

ironman45

Quote from: tru guru on September 22, 2023, 11:07:22 AM
Another Question......What should we read into the AD taking over as interim coach?  Does it mean they do not have a qualified assistant on staff?  Does the reason for Donnie's sudden "release"  permeate the whole program and there's going to be a massive purge of football staff at some point?  Or, does it mean nothing at all?

from what I understood, the AD was the former DC and he was the DC during the season that Bullard won D2 in 2021. Now, I am not sure if he stayed on as DC since then...but it does make sense for him to take over.

PipersPit4evr

Extremely odd for a high school coach to be let go in the middle of a season. Something probably came to a head, and ultimatums on both sides were given. FUSD is nearly all run by extremist liberals. A guy like Donny (an old school Democrat by the way) had his days numbered by spineless admin. Sad.

Darth Backer

The rumors surround financial issues and the use of funds. Don't kill the messenger, it's just what I'm hearing. Could be completely false but it would explain the suddenness of the dismissal.

Timmy Winn

It's funny to watch you guys trip on yourselves to make this an indication of a bigger problem of how the country tears down things, or the school board extending its liberal agenda. Paranoid delusional types of take here. Maybe Donnie or his staff did something so egregious they had no choice, maybe he didn't have support of the right people, maybe he made the wrong enemies? I'm sure we will find out soon. It must be completely exhausting to assume there is some big conspiracy behind every single thing that happens.

Darth Backer

Quote from: Timmy Winn on September 22, 2023, 01:29:34 PM
It's funny to watch you guys trip on yourselves to make this an indication of a bigger problem of how the country tears down things, or the school board extending its liberal agenda. Paranoid delusional types of take here. Maybe Donnie or his staff did something so egregious they had no choice, maybe he didn't have support of the right people, maybe he made the wrong enemies? I'm sure we will find out soon. It must be completely exhausting to assume there is some big conspiracy behind every single thing that happens.

Spoken like a true liberal...  :D

But all jokes aside, our country does have a "bigger problem". It's exactly what I said, easier to tear down than to build in the name of "equity".

axel foley

Quote from: PipersPit4evr on September 22, 2023, 11:58:18 AM
Extremely odd for a high school coach to be let go in the middle of a season. Something probably came to a head, and ultimatums on both sides were given. FUSD is nearly all run by extremist liberals. A guy like Donny (an old school Democrat by the way) had his days numbered by spineless admin. Sad.
why does voting have to be part of it

axel foley

Quote from: Timmy Winn on September 22, 2023, 01:29:34 PM
right?? when the most glaring this is his record this season

axel foley