News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

MLB Draft 2010

Started by bobby, April 08, 2010, 12:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

With the 2010 MLB Draft coming up in a couple months, who in the valley has a shot of getting drafted? High School, JC, FSU, FPU?
"GRAB SOME PINE MEAT"

JakeBaseball

for fresno state sr's sean bonesteele and matt morse.....unless detwiler starts killing the ball i doubt he will get a chance.as far as the  jrs danny muno jordan ribera and bobby coyle.......but im not sure if any of them will go high enough to go

fresno state should be more worried about their high school committs imo
That just happened

bobby

I think Muno & Ribera will be gone. Maybe Coyle & Bonesteele. Not sure about the rest!
"GRAB SOME PINE MEAT"

JakeBaseball

Quote from: bobby on April 08, 2010, 12:55:01 PM
I think Muno & Ribera will be gone. Maybe Coyle & Bonesteele. Not sure about the rest!

muno is a massive ? to me, amazing hitter, small body, bad defense, and average speed for his size....no doubt he will get a call....but when will it be?

ribera could very well be gone
That just happened

CWClassof2007

Quote from: JakeBaseball on April 08, 2010, 01:21:36 PM
muno is a massive ? to me, amazing hitter, small body, bad defense, and average speed for his size....no doubt he will get a call....but when will it be?

ribera could very well be gone

I am really enjoying watching Ribera play this season. Hitting for a high average a good amount rbis and in the top three in the nation with 12 home runs.

JakeBaseball

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 08, 2010, 01:31:40 PM
I am really enjoying watching Ribera play this season. Hitting for a high average a good amount rbis and in the top three in the nation with 12 home runs.
ya he deserves it, he has worked his butt off this offseason
That just happened

valleybaseball

2010 MLB Draft
June 7
Round 1, First-Year Player Draft, Secaucus, N.J.
June 8
Rounds 2-30, First-Year Player Draft
June 9
Rounds 31-50, First-Year Player Draft

CVbaseballman

FCC
Dave Rohm
Brandon King-maybe

FSU
Matt Morse
Sean Bonesteele
Steve Detwiler-maybe
Garrett Weber
Danny Muno
Jordan Ribera
Bobby Coyle

FPU
Case Rigby-maybe
Dane McLaughlin-maybe

High School
Kenny Travis-Edison-maybe
if u didn't play in the bigs u don't know crap !!!

valleybaseball

If Kenny Travis does get drafted it will be as an outfielder.  I think he has a chance to get drafted, but the BIG issue for most high school players is signability.

SCOUT

there wont be very many kids if any from the valley get drafted this year, down year talent wise for the pros. the kid at edison has a shot on pure athleticism alone but all in all hes not ready for that life.

The FSU kids arent as high on the draft board as some of you may think, there are alot of other tools you need besides good numbers.

MUNO will be back next year to break every fsu career record, he will be a sr sign..... thousand bucks and a can of chew.

JakeBaseball

Quote from: SCOUT on April 10, 2010, 08:42:18 AM
there wont be very many kids if any from the valley get drafted this year, down year talent wise for the pros. the kid at edison has a shot on pure athleticism alone but all in all hes not ready for that life.

The FSU kids arent as high on the draft board as some of you may think, there are alot of other tools you need besides good numbers.

MUNO will be back next year to break every fsu career record, he will be a sr sign..... thousand bucks and a can of chew.
i agree with scout about fresno state they dont have any "mendonca" types that are draft eligible

i think almost all of them, if not all of them will be back.....especially with the potential of next year
That just happened

bobby

Any new news on any valley players?
"GRAB SOME PINE MEAT"

the dude

living in bakersfield, the 3 names that keep popping up are:
Isiah Turner of Stockdale to get drafted as an OF possibly turning into a first basemen due to his size and speed
Tyler Painton of Centennial to get drafted as a LHP
Brent Peterson of Liberty to get drafted as a middle infielder
All 3 will probably fall in later rounds of the draft

Backwards K

All FCC guys,

Rohm

King

Henderson ?

Good Luck to all...
\\\"Four things come not back: The spoken word, The sped arrow, The past life, The neglected opportunity.\\\" Some One Wise Said It...

\\\"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.\\\"

dd

if you hadnt heard he committed to WEST POINT I hope your kid is so, lucky

meganmac26

There's a reason he is going to West Point, I'm pretty sure it's not just because of "his slightly above average foot-speed" hahah
"Love all, trust few and do wrong to none"

fanothegame

Wow :D It seems like West Point is a pretty good fall back if the draft doesn't work out!! Seriously, if he is getting attention from pro scouts (and he is) do you think he really cares about someone's opinion on a message board that he's not all that. I hope not...here's to any kid who gets to move on to the next level, whether it's college or pros --- don't worry about the haters!!

P.S. I could be his grandma   -    but I'm not!

valleybaseball

June 7, 7 p.m. ET
Round 1, First-Year Player Draft, Secaucus, N.J.
June 8, noon ET
Rounds 2-30, First-Year Player Draft
June 9, noon ET
Rounds 31-50, First-Year Player Draft

StPaulSaint

I've seen Peterson play, and I think he has all the right tools to succeed at the next level.  That being said, I think going to College (West Point or wherever) would do him some good. He is a hell of a nice kid, and there are not a lot of kids I know that work harder. 
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Georgle Orwell

"I've always believed that great pitching and great defense, combined with timely hitting, will produce championship teams"

bobby

Cody Martin, RHP (Dos Palos, Gonzaga) Ben Griset, LHP (Gustine HS) Shawn Stuart, RHP (Merced JC) Nathan Gonzalez, RHP (Merced JC)

Possible north valley player's being drafted!
"GRAB SOME PINE MEAT"

bobby

"GRAB SOME PINE MEAT"