News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Shirking CIF rules and giving "private lessons" on a Sunday.

Started by K-BALL, October 02, 2013, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can a coach of a high school program give "private lessons" on a Sunday?

?
1 (100%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

K-BALL

Wondering about the CIF protocol of Sunday practices for high school students regarding "Private Lessons".  Coach is giving private lessons for a player in his program and having others attend for extra practice "helping out" with the session on Sundays.  Is this a violation of CIF protocol?  Could this jeopardize the teams season regarding forfeitures, etc,?  Any help regarding this post would be appreciated.  

John McKay---In response to a question about his team's execution - "I'm all in favor of it."

flexmac3

Quote from: K-BALL on October 02, 2013, 08:16:11 PM
Wondering about the CIF protocol of Sunday practices for high school students regarding "Private Lessons".  Coach is giving private lessons for a player in his program and having others attend for extra practice "helping out" with the session on Sundays.  Is this a violation of CIF protocol?  Could this jeopardize the teams season regarding forfeitures, etc,?  Any help regarding this post would be appreciated.  
K-BALL this is a touchy question, Someone will suggest that you asked the CIF yourself, if you want to know what the protocal is.

Some might accuse you of having a axe to grind.

That being said, you will have to decide for yourself on what to do.

K-BALL

You're right!  No axe to grind.  Only worried about sanctions for my daughters team (who is a player not a sitter).  Spoke to AD and he is pretty much clueless.  Didn't want to contact Critchlow directly in order to NOT call attention to a possible sanction against the girls.  Guess this post is pretty much moot at this time and I'll just let it be and lay in the hands of the AD.  Thanks Flexmac3.
John McKay---In response to a question about his team's execution - "I'm all in favor of it."

K-BALL