News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Somewhere out there, "AshMo" is laughing at us all...

Started by Spazzilla, October 07, 2015, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spazzilla

"This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best; and take what comes."
  - Hannah Arendt

TeddyKGB

this should not be a surprise to anyone, its the way our society is going.

bigfan

Brings back memories of what I believe was the longest thread ever on Preps. 

What was that cheerleaders handle??
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

diesel

Quote from: bigfan on October 08, 2015, 09:21:51 AM
Brings back memories of what I believe was the longest thread ever on Preps. 

What was that cheerleaders handle??

It's in the title to this thread......

bigfan

mw1

Apparently, competitive cheerleading might be as dangerous as tackle football when it comes to injuries / concussions:

http://nypost.com/2013/09/13/most-dangerous-sport-for-female-athletes-cheerleading/

I think the cheerleaders should have to start wearing helmets and mouth guards to protect themselves from injuries... it is only fair.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

bigfan

It was something like "Sexy Little Cheerleader" and her and OCV went at it among others for weeks over this topic.

ETKilla

Mike Jones.  Who?  Mike Jones.  281-330-8004

tru guru

AshMo currently goes on at 800 down at Goldigger's.......

tru guru

Quote from: tru guru on October 08, 2015, 11:42:31 AM
AshMo currently goes on at 800 down at Goldigger's.......

That's a joke Teddy, no reason to get reservations ;) 

SCrubjay

Quote from: mw1 on October 08, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
Apparently, competitive cheerleading might be as dangerous as tackle football when it comes to injuries / concussions:

my daughter was a "base" throughout middle and high school.... at 5"9" 120# there was NO way she could ever be a "flier"  :D  .... but she still has ongoing back trouble...  she got pretty beat up catching the fliers.... black eyes ... bloody noses... bu no concussions.

izne1home

Quote from: tru guru on October 08, 2015, 11:47:25 AM

He doesn't need them.  He's the new Asst Swing Shift Floor Manager now. 

izne1home

Quote from: SCrubjay on October 08, 2015, 12:07:24 PM
my daughter was a "base" throughout middle and high school.... at 5"9" 120# there was NO way she could ever be a "flier"  :D  .... but she still has ongoing back trouble...  she got pretty beat up catching the fliers.... black eyes ... bloody noses... bu no concussions.

Sort of reminds me of walking in after football practice one day.  After wind sprints, so half of us were limping and had vomit down the front of our jerseys. 

As we walked by the pool, we start laughing at the water polo team as they swam laps.  One of the football coaches (also a swim coach) heard us.  10 minutes later, over the loudspeaker in the gym, he announced that since we had such a hard practice, we could just go in shorts the next day and report to the pool.  We were elated.

After a few minutes of dog paddling, and nearly being drown, I never said a bad thing about a swimmer again.  In fact, I hardly like swimming anymore.

izne1home

Quote from: bigfan on October 08, 2015, 10:57:21 AM
It was something like "Sexy Little Cheerleader" and her and OCV went at it among others for weeks over this topic.

I think "Sexy" was one of OCV's alter egos.  He had a few, and loved to argue with himself. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: tru guru on October 08, 2015, 11:47:25 AM

No sense in taking unnecessary risks, I'll be there by 7 to have a good seat....

Quote from: izne1home on October 08, 2015, 01:08:50 PM
He doesn't need them.  He's the new Asst Swing Shift Floor Manager now. 

I didn't tell you izne? Seems the rule of No Touching, Licking, Biting or Sniffing applies to managers as well.
I didn't make it past 90 minute probationary period

bigfan

Quote from: izne1home on October 08, 2015, 01:15:33 PM

I think "Sexy" was one of OCV's alter egos.  He had a few, and loved to argue with himself. 

I think it was "Hot Sexy Cheerleader"...OCV and her were non stop...hell I remember BIG SKIN finally had to shut that thread down it was overloading the server or something like that.

mw1

Since some schools are finding it hard to come up with the necessary money to fund both a competitive football program and competitive cheerleading program, some youth football feeder programs have been directed to combine the two sports:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0S3TMWJZt0#t=76
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Bronco

How do you "score" in competitive cheer leading ??? ;) I know how me & my buddies did  :D

knightsrule04

Quote from: izne1home on October 08, 2015, 01:12:29 PM
Sort of reminds me of walking in after football practice one day.  After wind sprints, so half of us were limping and had vomit down the front of our jerseys. 

As we walked by the pool, we start laughing at the water polo team as they swam laps.  One of the football coaches (also a swim coach) heard us.  10 minutes later, over the loudspeaker in the gym, he announced that since we had such a hard practice, we could just go in shorts the next day and report to the pool.  We were elated.

After a few minutes of dog paddling, and nearly being drown, I never said a bad thing about a swimmer again.  In fact, I hardly like swimming anymore.
*coughdannyrobinsoncough*
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

izne1home

Quote from: knightsrule04 on October 08, 2015, 11:38:27 PM
*coughdannyrobinsoncough*

Yes.  Danny Robinson.  I think it was one of the best days of his life. 

izne1home