News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

good bye Dave Brandon.... hello Jim Harbaugh...

Started by SCrubjay, October 31, 2014, 10:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCrubjay

Clears the way for Michigan to hire Harbaugh as BOTH AD and Head Coach....  hear that they are going to change the name to Harbaugh Field at Michigan Stadium, too.

[url]http://deadspin.com/report-michigans-incompetent-moron-ad-set-to-resign-1653297899[/url

GoldenHawksFootball

Your wife is whispering sweet lies in your ears. She wishes her dream would come true for a change!

WHY would he go from the NFL to Michigan? And who would want to be a Head Coach and AD? Is one job not enough? This is career suicide.

CWClassof2007

The 49ers won't let him walk. If they do it'll be the biggest mistake they've ever made.

Harry Carey

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on November 01, 2014, 02:57:16 AM
The 49ers won't let him walk. If they do it'll be the biggest mistake they've ever made.
Why would Harbaugh want to sit in living rooms in the Midwest and lie to 18 year old young men and their parents, when he can stay put and coach football 24-7?

GoldenHawksFootball

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on November 01, 2014, 02:57:16 AM

Harry, because he's a Michigan man, because the Miami Dolphin owner has a boat load of cash to send to the booster club not his own team. Let's see what else... because Scub Jay's wife is a Michigan alum, and because Scub Jay can't stand Harbaugh and likes to think gossip and everything Jay Glazer says is true and reality.

SCrubjay

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on October 31, 2014, 03:21:15 PM
Your wife is whispering sweet lies in your ears. She wishes her dream would come true for a change

You grossly underestimated the power of Mrs. SCrub......  And ALL her dreams come true... Trust me, I have the receipts!! :D :D

CWClassof2007

I like how they called it a "mutual" agreement for him to leave. I wish owners & general managers would let just their coaches coach. There was no reason for them to question him. They won 40 something games in the years before Harbaugh & about the same in his four season. Biggest mistake they've made. They interviewed Rex Ryan. York is a joke. He's all about the money & his buddy Baalke is luck to have his job. If they hire Ryan I won't go to games until he's gone.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: SCrubjay on December 30, 2014, 05:16:07 PM
You grossly underestimated the power of Mrs. SCrub......  And ALL her dreams come true... Trust me, I have the receipts!! :D :D

LOL   :u: :u: :u:

izne1home

Quote from: SCrubjay on December 30, 2014, 05:16:07 PM

I resemble that remark.

izne1home

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 30, 2014, 06:19:14 PM
If they hire Ryan I won't go to games until he's gone.

If they hire Ryan, I'll offer you my 35 yard line seats with VIP parking and access to the private clubroom when they play the Rams.  Let me know. 

Denver Viking

I think Ryan's a pretty good coach actually. When you look at the talent he had to work with, he did a really good job getting to two AFC Championship games. Only 1 less than Harbaugh with arguably less talent. 
Go Kingsburg
Go Army, Beat Navy!
"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player."  -- General George C. Marshall Chief of Staff, US Army, World War II

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: izne1home on December 31, 2014, 08:32:56 AM
If they hire Ryan, I'll offer you my 35 yard line seats with VIP parking and access to the private clubroom when they play the Rams.  Let me know. 

Well at least Fisher will have one fan in the clubroom  :D :D :D

GoldenHawksFootball

QuoteYou grossly underestimated the power of Mrs. SCrub......  And ALL her dreams come true... Trust me, I have the receipts!! Very Happy Very Happy

Wow! Your bed must be hoppin' this week. Go you! Was Mrs. Scrub blushing like a Wolverine school girl? Did she go out and buy up Dickie Khaki's? The savior has landed in Ann Arbor. Look Mr Scrub De Plane De Plane! It's the messiah! The 2nd coming! The ghost of Bo Schembechler is shining down from heaven.

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 30, 2014, 06:19:14 PM
I like how they called it a "mutual" agreement for him to leave. I wish owners & general managers would let just their coaches coach. There was no reason for them to question him. They won 40 something games in the years before Harbaugh & about the same in his four season. Biggest mistake they've made. They interviewed Rex Ryan. York is a joke. He's all about the money & his buddy Baalke is luck to have his job. If they hire Ryan I won't go to games until he's gone.

I am beyond frustrated with our golden child, silver spoon, uppety, prickly, 34 year old owner Jed Dork! It really upsets me that he dismisses 3 years of excellence and passes it off like it can be so easily and readily replaced. He didn't even fight for the coach and try to make it work for the man who turned our franchise into a winner and a respected elite team. This is why this past week for 49er fans has been gut wrenching. We know and can see the writing on the wall. We are going backwards. We knew what we had in Jim Harbaugh. He eat, sleeped and breathed football. He was a player. He was a leader of men. He commanded the locker room. He made these players want to go out and fight for him. I do not know who the hell the rest of these yahoos think they are- Jed Dork, Trent Baalke, and Prag Maratthe, who had his hands in more than anyone knows. I believe it was Maratthe that was leaking to the media all the disfunction. He's supposedly the team president. But have you ever seen the team president at any game? He's some financial guru number cruncher, but what does he know about football? Trent Baalke is some 5-8, 165 pound know it all who never played a down of football in his life. What bugs me more about Mr. York is that he talks about how winning isn't the only thing. That winning with class is what they are after. But he's such a hyppocrite because he goes and tweets out to the fans, "my apologies for that performance during Thanksgiving" and then he does nothing about the leaks to the media. He has every power to fix the squeeky wheel. Is it a classy thing to shop your coach to the Cleveland Browns after taking the team to 3 consecutive NFC championships? And literally a Kyle Williams fumble, and a Richard Sherman knock down from an unprecedented 3 Super Bowl trips. That is what Harbaugh accomplished in his 1st 3 seasons. Now did they have a tough year? Yes, but at 8-8 with the amount of injuries, conflict, turmoil and changes it's not enough to send the man packing that brought us back from the dead, reinvigorated that fan base and ultimately got the stadium built. The house that Jim built is nothing but emptiness now. This is the worst week I've ever experienced being a loyal 49er fan. I'm thinking if they hire Rex Ryan or Mike Shannahan of not being a 49er fan. Rex Ryan over Harbaugh? Mike Shannahan over Harbaugh? No thanks! I refuse to support Jed Dork. A man who is running the team and all of it's proud history into the ground. It's a joke.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: izne1home on December 31, 2014, 08:32:56 AM
I'd send you my address just in case it happens but Teddy advised me to not give you any personal information.

Pin4Win

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on December 31, 2014, 08:56:09 PM
Wow! Your bed must be hoppin' this week. Go you! Was Mrs. Scrub blushing like a Wolverine school girl? Did she go out and buy up Dickie Khaki's? The savior has landed in Ann Arbor. Look Mr Scrub De Plane De Plane! It's the messiah! The 2nd coming! The ghost of Bo Schembechler is shining down from heaven.

I am beyond frustrated with our golden child, silver spoon, uppety, prickly, 34 year old owner Jed Dork! It really upsets me that he dismisses 3 years of excellence and passes it off like it can be so easily and readily replaced. He didn't even fight for the coach and try to make it work for the man who turned our franchise into a winner and a respected elite team. This is why this past week for 49er fans has been gut wrenching. We know and can see the writing on the wall. We are going backwards. We knew what we had in Jim Harbaugh. He eat, sleeped and breathed football. He was a player. He was a leader of men. He commanded the locker room. He made these players want to go out and fight for him. I do not know who the hell the rest of these yahoos think they are- Jed Dork, Trent Baalke, and Prag Maratthe, who had his hands in more than anyone knows. I believe it was Maratthe that was leaking to the media all the disfunction. He's supposedly the team president. But have you ever seen the team president at any game? He's some financial guru number cruncher, but what does he know about football? Trent Baalke is some 5-8, 165 pound know it all who never played a down of football in his life. What bugs me more about Mr. York is that he talks about how winning isn't the only thing. That winning with class is what they are after. But he's such a hyppocrite because he goes and tweets out to the fans, "my apologies for that performance during Thanksgiving" and then he does nothing about the leaks to the media. He has every power to fix the squeeky wheel. Is it a classy thing to shop your coach to the Cleveland Browns after taking the team to 3 consecutive NFC championships? And literally a Kyle Williams fumble, and a Richard Sherman knock down from an unprecedented 3 Super Bowl trips. That is what Harbaugh accomplished in his 1st 3 seasons. Now did they have a tough year? Yes, but at 8-8 with the amount of injuries, conflict, turmoil and changes it's not enough to send the man packing that brought us back from the dead, reinvigorated that fan base and ultimately got the stadium built. The house that Jim built is nothing but emptiness now. This is the worst week I've ever experienced being a loyal 49er fan. I'm thinking if they hire Rex Ryan or Mike Shannahan of not being a 49er fan. Rex Ryan over Harbaugh? Mike Shannahan over Harbaugh? No thanks! I refuse to support Jed Dork. A man who is running the team and all of it's proud history into the ground. It's a joke.

My wife is a loyal 9er fan.. infact we are married because I (Cowboys fan) picked the Boys to beat the 9ers back in our 1-15 days... She was the only girl watching the game, so I swooped in at the party.  Anyways, for the first time in my lifetime I actually feel bad for the 9ers.  This reminds me of what Jones did when he dismissed Johnson after a few superbowls.  All about egos!!   HOWEVER, I am a big Michigan fan and I was doing backflips in the living room when it became final he was going to the B1G and coaching the Wolverines!!  The recruiting power he has will be crazy.  So, if you see Ted Dork, tell him thank you for me.   And what a week for the B1G....  Harbaugh to Michigan, Michigan st shocks Baylor, Ohio is in the NCAA championship..... I think this conference is about to return to power for some time to come!  Happy 2015 to all....

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: Pin4Win on January 02, 2015, 06:09:11 AM
My wife is a loyal 9er fan.. infact we are married because I (Cowboys fan) picked the Boys to beat the 9ers back in our 1-15 days... She was the only girl watching the game, so I swooped in at the party.  Anyways, for the first time in my lifetime I actually feel bad for the 9ers.  This reminds me of what Jones did when he dismissed Johnson after a few superbowls.  All about egos!!   HOWEVER, I am a big Michigan fan and I was doing backflips in the living room when it became final he was going to the B1G and coaching the Wolverines!!  The recruiting power he has will be crazy.  So, if you see Ted Dork, tell him thank you for me.   And what a week for the B1G....  Harbaugh to Michigan, Michigan st shocks Baylor, Ohio is in the NCAA championship..... I think this conference is about to return to power for some time to come!  Happy 2015 to all....

Looks like the 9ers have an Al Davis ownership on their hands.....hope this guy doesn't start injecting himself in their draft picks too or Harbaugh's work will be all down the drain and the 9ers will be 1-15.....shame really as the whole NFC West will suffer when that happens....as much as I don't like the 9ers, still want them to be competitive....no fun to watch the Rams beat them twice a year because they've become the patsy team of the NFC West  ;)

GoldenHawksFootball

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on January 04, 2015, 09:49:41 AM
Looks like the 9ers have an Al Davis ownership on their hands.....hope this guy doesn't start injecting himself in their draft picks too or Harbaugh's work will be all down the drain and the 9ers will be 1-15.....shame really as the whole NFC West will suffer when that happens....as much as I don't like the 9ers, still want them to be competitive....no fun to watch the Rams beat them twice a year because they've become the patsy team of the NFC West  ;)

The difference is that Al Davis is gone. The Raiders have to deal with his son. We have a 34 year old know it all that went straight to ownership. The keys were passed off by John York and Denise Debartolo York, sister of a great owner Eddie Debartolo. It's very rare. But unlike Eddie, the rest of these people do not know how to run a franchise. They wouldn't have got that stadium built had it not been for Harbaugh. Harbaugh moved the needle in the Bay area. Now that he is gone, we'll see what he meant to the franchise. The new guy will have huge shoes to fill and have to over come lots of criticism from the fan base. No easy task! I think Harbaugh is such a recruiter, he knows talent when he sees it. And I think with Baalke there, Harbaugh always butted heads on draft picks. Hence, the 2012 drafting of AJ Jenkins and Lemichael James. Don't think those were Harbaugh's choices. 2011 had more of Harbaugh's prints on it. Think Baalke was more about what the player was like as a person. Where as Harbaugh wanted winners, the best talent regardless. And this sort of started that trend of bad player conduct. Aldon Smith, Collin Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, Daniel Kilgore, Ray McDonald and on and on.. I predict next year we will be 7-9. Many players will leave. They won't pick up extensions on Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, and Michael Crabtree. Justin Smith will retire. Anquan Boldin will retire. The year after 4-12 and in year 3 the worst team in football. And we will be rebuilding again. That is how quickly you can go from the top to the bottom. The Rams are a QB and another RB and WR away from the playoffs. The Cardinals are a healthy QB and another play maker from a strong playoff run. And the powerful Seattle Seahawks, even with the re-signing of Russell Wilson are poised to contend for years. This makes it very difficult without a top flight coach, staff and roster that is declining to compete for years to come. It makes you really appreciate with the New England Patriots, Bill Bellicheck and Robert Craft have done year after year. It's amazing. Jed York would have fired Bill Bellicheck years ago. Wouldn't it be smart to follow the Patriots business model. I wish Bob Craft could give Jed York lessons in how to operate a team. That would be some great accountability.

GoldenHawksFootball