News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Jason Phillips takes a look at the The Top Runningbacks in the Central Section

Started by CV Sports Report, September 13, 2014, 01:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenHawksFootball

Roughneck005

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on September 13, 2014, 10:54:16 AM
Isaiah Sharp? Macintyre Garbani? Lameshio Hill? Andrew Dean?

I'll give you Dean.

Hill has not been a marquee running back for the past three years, nor is he as high profile as some of the others, and no one even knows who Garbani is.

Sharp is almost as overrated as Smith is. Years spent gaining yards against garbage teams, most of whom were DIV, does not a star running back make.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

Glenn

to  Roughneck005 

Macintyre Garbani   is CVC  as Central Valley christian  RB    this Past 3 Season  his a Sr this Season 
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 
2018   State champs Runner up 

Send 2013  we be to Division Valley Playoff    

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall
May 30 ,1938  to  April 27,2010

Glenn

Smith is. Years spent gaining yards against garbage teams, most of whom were DIV, does not a star running back make.
  i totally Disgaree  on Matt  smith  His been Play varisty  ball as Freshman  at Bakerfield Christian      6'1 and 246 LB will crush   any type  Defense   

it take   whole Defense Just  make the tackle  on Matt smith   

His Dangersour RB  can  make thing Happen   
2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall

Roughneck005

Quote from: Glenn on September 13, 2014, 10:49:11 PM
to  Roughneck005 

Macintyre Garbani   is CVC  as Central Valley christian  RB    this Past 3 Season  his a Sr this Season 

I was just saying garbani is unknown outside of small school circles, not that he wasn't any good.

Quote from: Glenn on September 13, 2014, 10:52:47 PM
Smith is. Years spent gaining yards against garbage teams, most of whom were DIV, does not a star running back make.
  i totally Disgaree  on Matt  smith  His been Play varisty  ball as Freshman  at Bakerfield Christian      6'1 and 246 LB will crush   any type  Defense  

it take   whole Defense Just  make the tackle  on Matt smith   

His Dangersour RB  can  make thing Happen  

Smith is only as good as his line has been - and this year they are not good. Smith looks slow and lazy this year.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

Glenn

Quote from: Roughneck005 on September 13, 2014, 10:56:42 PM
I was just saying garbani is unknown outside of small school circles, not that he wasn't any good.

Smith is only as good as his line has been - and this year they are not good. Smith looks slow and lazy this year.

Alots Notice Mac from CVC     Not the Big college team but Small Like Fresno State   and COS  and Jr college    in Central valley area   

Mac will Make  it   like Georgia Southern   Team  in Georgia their run the Double wing T           or  Small noname college team  Need top  and leader  of the team  like Mac       

2015 CSL Champs  and 
2017 VC Runner up
2018  CSL Co Champs 

Ethel Ann Grimes Woodall

Sixtynine

Marcus Washington needs mention

Don't care if he's a freshman and only played 3 games so far. He's over 500 yards
Just my opinion, but my opinion is right

BRONCO2015

This chipmunk lookin' guy get's my vote...  ;)

He runs a lot like Bolu Olorunfunmi. Shed, stiff arm, body slam, spin, TD!   :u:

Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

GoldenHawksFootball

QuoteI'll give you Dean.

Hill has not been a marquee running back for the past three years, nor is he as high profile as some of the others, and no one even knows who Garbani is.

Sharp is almost as overrated as Smith is. Years spent gaining yards against garbage teams, most of whom were DIV, does not a star running back make.

I agree the small school guys are tough to place on a top running back list given the level of competition. Sharp and Smith might be overrated because of both being in the SSL for so long. We'll see what they both do as weeks go on. Whether he has played garbage teams or not, Jason Smith believes Matt Smith is impressive at running the ball. The point was that if you're going to compile a list of top running backs in the valley, at the very least Isaiah Sharp as well as the others are worth of an honorable mention. It's like saying if he's not a marquee back you really don't need to game plan against him. Same with Garbani, Hill, and Dean. To date, Dean is #2 rusher in the valley. Garbani #8, Sharp #19. Now I know these rankings and (or) stats are useless to college scouts or any of us that can evaluate players. However, if small school players from Madera, Chowchilla, and Farmersville are mentioned why not mention Garbani, Dean, Sharp, and Hill. Are they not worth a mention? The posting was top running backs in the central section, not marquee backs. Not every Driller running back can be a marquee running back. If you put Hill on 90% of other valley teams roster, he is the marquee running back. But because BHS has Bruce and last season Rufus, Vickers, Dallis, & Reddick, he is lost in the shuffle. But his runs on film stand out.

GoldenHawksFootball

QuoteSmith is only as good as his line has been - and this year they are not good. Smith looks slow and lazy this year.

They returned pretty much their entire line from a year ago. I think 1 guy graduated. Why are they not as good? They can't be state championship level 1 year and then drop off to being no good. Smith is running the same way he's always ran. I would say that he hasn't changed his style of bulldozing, overpowering his opponent. I would like to see him hit holes harder with more speed and use of agility instead of going through opponents.

Patron

TU's Romelle Harris is the real deal. Saw it with my own two eyes. No need for film on this kid, he is an automatic offer.
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

CDBass

Quote from: Patron on September 19, 2014, 10:45:31 AM
TU's Romelle Harris is the real deal. Saw it with my own two eyes. No need for film on this kid, he is an automatic offer.

True story! I've been watching that kid since he was 9 or 10 years old and he is a lot of fun to watch.

hardhitter23

Quote from: Patron on September 19, 2014, 10:45:31 AM

WOW watched him last night!!!! He is lighting in a bottle.

whitemarbles

I think Michael Wright from Dinuba is very good and will make a good college back. I've seen him play several times, including the Valley Championship games. Very shifty with good size. I saw him when they played Reedley this year, he was solid. The Dinuba fans/parents were all bemoaning the fact he will be gone.

The back from Reedley, Greg Quezada (spelling?) was supposedly a three year varsity starter. He had decent size but the word is he fumbles a lot and isn't in shape.

I saw Romelle Harris the other night. Bar none, the best in the valley right now.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. –Vince Lombardi

Lock down DB

flexmac3

Quote from: Roughneck005 on September 13, 2014, 10:45:43 PM
I'll give you Dean.

good post. And agree.

GoldenHawksFootball

Quote from: flexmac3 on September 30, 2014, 02:54:04 PM
good post. And agree.

Lamishio Hill rushed for 145 yards and 5 TD's last week. Is that not worth an honorable mention on Jason Smith's list? Lots of players made this list not being the marquee back. It's pretty darn impressive when any back rushes for 5 TD's in any game marquee or not.

flexmac3

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on September 30, 2014, 05:15:54 PM
Lamishio Hill rushed for 145 yards and 5 TD's last week. Is that not worth an honorable mention on Jason Smith's list? Lots of players made this list not being the marquee back. It's pretty darn impressive when any back rushes for 5 TD's in any game marquee or not.
Agree, I like Hill, good running back.
roughneck comments about Hill, and the other running backs is spot on, IMO.

flexmac3