News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Garces Head Football Coach Jim Maples placed on LEAVE

Started by Word2thewise, July 29, 2013, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Word2thewise

Garces Head Football Coach Jim Maples has been fired due to illegal recruiting. More details to come

He's been placed on Admin leave pending investigation....when Garces makes a public statement we'll all know the reasons... BIG SKIN

mw1

Quote from: Word2thewise on July 29, 2013, 01:19:34 PM
Garces Head Football Coach Jim Maples has been fired due to illegal recruiting. More details to come

Oh brother... I can't wait for "more details".  How can a private high school illegally recruit?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

TeddyKGB

Quote from: mw1 on July 29, 2013, 01:47:42 PM
  How can a private high school illegally recruit?

maybe he promised to allow kids to forgo sunday mass to watch film?  :shy:

I think this will be another..."I know, but can's say" thing.

Coach Hurd

Where's CoachSki when you need him?

DPBronco, help Ski get back in here.

GoldenHawksFootball

Wow! You mean Garces actually recruits? Call Ripley's! I thought kids went there for the free ipads and cool uniforms.

Hsfootballfan27

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on July 29, 2013, 02:12:44 PM
Wow! You mean Garces actually recruits? Call Ripley's! I thought kids went there for the free ipads and cool uniforms.

Of course they recruit...all private schools do...if they don't they can't keep their doors open.....the question is are they recruiting student/athletes appropriately?  

mw1

Quote from: Hsfootballfan27 on July 29, 2013, 02:40:46 PM
I knew it. He recruited back at east high

If you ain't cheatin'... you ain't trying. 
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Forceuser

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on July 29, 2013, 02:41:53 PM
Of course they recruit...all private schools do...if they don't they can't keep their doors open.....the question is are they recruiting student/athletes appropriately?  

:u: :u:
"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

SCrubjay

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on July 29, 2013, 02:41:53 PM

found a rendering of Crichlow informing Garces of violations (allegedly)....

mw1

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on July 29, 2013, 02:12:44 PM

Last year, there was a big to-do down in Oaks Christian regarding their QB:  "Oaks Christian School's starting quarterback says he was contacted by one of the high school's assistant coaches when he was playing football in the eighth grade, which would be a violation of CIF rules."  

They ALL do it... it is just that some are sneakier than others... of course, Oaks Christian denied the whole thing.. now that QB is being pursued by Alabama, Oregon, and Notre Dame.  I guess if you are going to play fast and loose with the rules, make sure it is going to be worth it.  Then, tell the kid to not tell a reporter that you were contacted in 8th grade.... DOH!!

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: SCrubjay on July 29, 2013, 02:59:56 PM

:u: :u: :u: :u:

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Hsfootballfan27 on July 29, 2013, 02:40:46 PM
I knew it. He recruited back at east high

and what exactly was the draw to get kids to east? Play for a team with a winning tradition..HAHAHA sorry I had to laugh at that. Scholarships? Why would a kid go to east when the could have transfered to Bakersfield High?

Coach Hurd

Quote from: Hsfootballfan27 on July 29, 2013, 03:18:16 PM
I really had a feeling he was recruiting football players from around town. Take a look at East high as soon as Maples took over for Garces. East football team was down to like 23 kids if that.  

So we know for a fact that Coach has been fired for what you all are accusing him of?

Wow, things have changed here.

BRONCO2015

Quote from: SCrubjay on July 29, 2013, 02:59:56 PM

LOL Now that's funny right there!   :D  Best pic in months!  :u:
Why do they use costly new sterile needles to give a lethal injection? Really. Just save the same friggin' needle.

GOALPOST

So coach is working on helping student athletes attend a top college prep school in the area and what happens to him? Shame on you CIF and anyone else involved in tossing out anyone that helps kids. Go GARCES

TeddyKGB

goalpost, that's as stupid a comment. He wasn't trying to help anyone but himself and his ego. I'm just disappointed because he won't be able to ruin garces and run that program into ruins like I'd like to see it.

GoldenHawksFootball

QuoteOf course they recruit...all private schools do...if they don't they can't keep their doors open.....the question is are they recruiting student/athletes appropriately?  

My comments weren't serious! We all know that kids don't go there for the cool unis and free ipads. I've always laughed at the people that say Garces and other private schools do not recruit and they are innocent even if they do so appropriately. And there's quite a few posters on here who claim they don't recruit and tons of supporters out there who carry that belief as well. We all know it's false.

I'd like to get some insight from Irish Eyes, Coach Ski, and DLion. DLion has been missing.

GOALPOST

Teddy is it possible while helping his ego a few get to attend GARCES that normally would not?  That to me helps kids and that is far from stupid. Please don't  be disappointed because no one will ever ruin GARCES.  Go Rams

TeddyKGB

So you're ok with rule breaking because it's "for the kids"...where have I heard that before? I don't care if garces isn't ruined, but BCHS is working on making sure they aren't the only place where spoiled kids whose parents want to mascaraed their elitist attitudes behind religious schooling can send their kids*...and as long as the Drillers are around garces will always be 2nd fiddle at best!

*doesn't apply too all, Dlion being one of those.

TeddyKGB