News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Garces Head Football Coach Jim Maples placed on LEAVE

Started by Word2thewise, July 29, 2013, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Hurd

Yo Tedster.....

Do you foam at the mouth when you go on rants like that.....

I'm just ask'n.... :cry:

Dirtfarmer

So, does this mean that Sanger is the 2012 D2 champ?  :u: And you guys gave me a hard time for all the nasty stuff I said about them last year......HA- They are cheaters! But boy, could they play football.

TeddyKGB

I don't foam at the mouth but I have gone thru more than one keyboard.

Mr. Reality

A BHS guy arguing with a Garces guy about recruiting is classic! LMAO....like Tim Tebow and Mante Tao accusing the other of not liking women...

Coach Hurd

Quote from: TeddyKGB on July 29, 2013, 09:28:03 PM
I don't foam at the mouth but I have gone thru more than one keyboard.

Where does the dislike come from? It's palpable.

TeddyKGB

When is the last time a Bakerfield coach had hard evidence against him that he did something illegal. Or when was the last time action was taken against a BHS coach for any wrong doing? If kids want to play or participate at BHS that's not the coaches fault that kids want to be at the best school with the best tradition with the best shot at a title.

CWClassof2007

Here are some tweets from Zach Ewing tonight:
"Official word from Garces just came: Jim Maples is on paid administrative leave but has NOT been dismissed."
"No comment from Garces on whether this action was related to race-related problem the school mentioned last week, nor on acting head coach"
"Maples led Garces to a 12-1 season and Division II section title last year in his first season as Rams head coach. Practice started today."

So take that as you want.

Coach Hurd

Roughneck005

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on July 29, 2013, 10:38:19 PM
Here are some tweets from Zach Ewing tonight:
"Official word from Garces just came: Jim Maples is on paid administrative leave but has NOT been dismissed."
"No comment from Garces on whether this action was related to race-related problem the school mentioned last week, nor on acting head coach"
"Maples led Garces to a 12-1 season and Division II section title last year in his first season as Rams head coach. Practice started today."

So take that as you want.

Considering the fact that a football coach at a private h.s. being put on "paid administrative leave" for "allegedly" using "illegal" recruiting practices seems like somewhat of a rarity, it would be hard to come to any conclusion other than it has to do with the racial slur issue. This being especially true since the incident happened at a "summer sports practice." Granted, it could have been summer league basketball or something like that, but my money is on admin. pulling some CYA and damage control by placing Maples on leave until this thing dies down and the parent gets what they want which is the kid dropping N - Bombs gone. Which is fine with me.

As much as I hate to say it Teddy, Maples probably didn't do anything wrong and the altercation just happened to take place during a football workout. I can see the leave issuance if Maples witnessed the incident and then did nothing about it, but my gut tells me that probably didn't happen.
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: Roughneck005 on July 29, 2013, 11:55:28 PM
Considering the fact that a football coach at a private h.s. being put on "paid administrative leave" for "allegedly" using "illegal" recruiting practices seems like somewhat of a rarity, it would be hard to come to any conclusion other than it has to do with the racial slur issue. This being especially true since the incident happened at a "summer sports practice." Granted, it could have been summer league basketball or something like that, but my money is on admin. pulling some CYA and damage control by placing Maples on leave until this thing dies down and the parent gets what they want which is the kid dropping N - Bombs gone. Which is fine with me.

As much as I hate to say it Teddy, Maples probably didn't do anything wrong and the altercation just happened to take place during a football workout. I can see the leave issuance if Maples witnessed the incident and then did nothing about it, but my gut tells me that probably didn't happen.

Thank you....guessing you are right and there is more to this than anyone knows at this point....

TeddyKGB

Rough I hope you're right and he is not let go, because I don't want to read the garces faithful like Ski go on about what a injustice & travesty it is and how he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and the forward pass.

Old School

Anyone who has coached in Bakersfield long enough know this was bound to happen. Too bad things have to get bad before they get better. Now they just have to put the AD on paid leave and get rid of Bears and the Garces world will be right again.

dlion

Quote from: TeddyKGB on July 29, 2013, 07:59:13 PM
So you're ok with rule breaking because it's "for the kids"...where have I heard that before? I don't care if garces isn't ruined, but BCHS is working on making sure they aren't the only place where spoiled kids whose parents want to mascaraed their elitist attitudes behind rebellious schooling can send their kids*...and as long as the Drillers are around garces will always be 2nd fiddle at best!

*doesn't apply too all, Dlion being one of those.

i resemble that remark!
In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey!

TeddyKGB

I knew this would draw dlion out of of the Woolgrower's and Luigi's bars!

bksflddan

When all is said and done it is ... High card holder that wins the pot! Especially at Garces ...
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

dlion

Sitting here in the office with 2 Garces guys and 2 BHS guys , we decided to break out the program for last years VC team and break it down to determine how many kids did not fit into the following categories. (not fitting into these categories might constitute recruitment.)

1. Came in through the Garces G.E.Y.F.  feeder team,,,Fighting Irish
2. Came in through Catholic, Christian, or private middle school.
3. Went to public school but 1 or both parents are Garces alumni.

We came up with 1 starter that did transfer to Garces prior to his sophomore yr. and one other kid who did come up through the geyf team but was probably requested to attend.

Now keep in mind, i am speaking to 1 season, 1 team, 2012.   Im not saying it applies to past or future seasons.

If Garces ever did recruit to the extent they are accused of it would really change the look of this valley as far as football goes.

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey!

TeddyKGB

I believe what you're saying dlion, I don't buy that Maples actively recruited anyone...that would take extra work and effort 2 qualities that elude his character.

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/sports/school-house-zach/x1695856423/Garces-places-football-coach-Jim-Maples-on-administrative-leave

GOALPOST

Teddy, Question... Sorry let me correct that... Goalpost has a stupid question, what is it you don't like in general, Catholic Education, Private Schools, Garces, Coach Maples, Spoiled kids, elitist attitudes, all of the above? 
Just trying to understand what the issue is because you seem to love high school football in general and have great posts that I normally enjoy reading but I am stupid so could be way off. On a side note nothing but respect for BHS the best program in the valley by far. Have no issue being number 2 to them.

mw1

Quote from: GOALPOST on July 30, 2013, 02:05:57 PM
Teddy, Question... Sorry let me correct that... Goalpost has a stupid question, what is it you don't like in general, Catholic Education, Private Schools, Garces, Coach Maples, Spoiled kids, elitist attitudes, all of the above? 
Just trying to understand what the issue is because you seem to love high school football in general and have great posts that I normally enjoy reading but I am stupid so could be way off. On a side note nothing but respect for BHS the best program in the valley by far. Have no issue being number 2 to them.

GOAL, you had to go "there", huh?   If it is enlightenment you seek, you would probably have to hypnotize Teddy  to get to the bottom of that one... for the answers just might lie in the subconscious.   :sleep: :shock: :shy: :x
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

TeddyKGB

I don't think that's a stupid question at all Goal. I do not like Private schools, spoiled kids or elitest attitude...I HATE garces. I do not care for Maples as a coach.

TeddyKGB