News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

VALLEY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PICKS

Started by IceL, November 29, 2015, 12:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Backer

Quote from: armchair on December 04, 2015, 12:49:59 AM
Should be a crime that Ridgeview is not been placed in Division 1 for the last few years.
Sorry Lemoore, you will be another victim of Central Section nonsense.
Only the smaller schools are victims.

They have over 1,900 students...  No victim there.

Forceuser

"All life demands struggle. Those who have everything given to them become lazy, selfish, and insensitive to the real values of life. The very striving and hard work that we so constantly try to avoid is the major building block in the person we are today."
― Pope Paul VI

Darth Backer

I don't want to guess at numbers here so here are the calpreps.com numbers for student enrollment:

Ridgeview: 2191
Lemoore: 1897

pretty good match-up

TeddyKGB

darth if you are going to use logic and facts you will be asked to leave.

I'd like you guys to answer this for me, why are you so hell bent on "competitive balance"? We all agree that football and sports are great because of the life lessons that they teach, correct? Well if you can show me proof of the last time that the world had "competitive balance, I want to see it. Why do you quit your griping about balance and fairness, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, EVER!

Darth Backer

I'm someone who thinks that our section actually does a pretty good job placing teams into the proper divisions.

I only want to see ONE change:

8 team brackets in the existing 6 divisions.

This would serve 3 purposes-
1.) Keep all of the under .500 teams out of the playoffs
2.) Erase all of the bye weeks
3.) Shorten the season for the section champs that are now guaranteed what would be a 14th. game.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Darth Backer on December 04, 2015, 08:33:22 AM
I'm someone who thinks that our section actually does a pretty good job placing teams into the proper divisions.
I only want to see ONE change:
8 team brackets in the existing 6 divisions.
This would serve 3 purposes-
1.) Keep all of the under .500 teams out of the playoffs
2.) Erase all of the bye weeks
3.) Shorten the season for the section champs that are now guaranteed what would be a 14th. game.

there you go again with your logic and sense

Coach Scudder

Division I
#1 Clovis vs. #2 Liberty
Division II
#1 Ridgeview vs. #2 Lemoore
Division III
#1 Hanford vs. #2 San Joaquin Memorial
Division IV
#3 Washington Union vs. #4 Chowchilla
Division V
#1 Immanuel vs. #7 Mendota
Division VI
#1 Kennedy vs. #2 Avenal

Roughneck005

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
-Vince Lombardi

flexmac3

Quote from: TeddyKGB on December 04, 2015, 08:22:51 AM
darth if you are going to use logic and facts you will be asked to leave.

I'd like you guys to answer this for me, why are you so hell bent on "competitive balance"? We all agree that football and sports are great because of the life lessons that they teach, correct? Well if you can show me proof of the last time that the world had "competitive balance, I want to see it. Why do you quit your griping about balance and fairness, ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, EVER!
Teddy, I'm not hell bent on competitive balance, that's why I posted, I was done trying to understand it as it pertain to sports in the CIF.

As long as school A as the same amount of students, or close to the same amount of students as school B, personally, I'm done deciding competitive balance.
Yes, IMO, "schools with issues"  can be placed in leagues, and divisions based on their student enrollment, and function very well.
100% agree with your post.

CWClassof2007

Quote from: flexmac3 on December 03, 2015, 04:12:31 PM
Teddy, I agree with your post, but CW also revealed how much he despises the south valley.
a Clovis West guy having to choose Clovis High in anything has got to be embarrassing or illegal.
I'll always pick the Clovis school. There wasn't much rivalry on the football field between CW & Clovis from 2004-2007. We beat them 51-14 my senior year & Clovis East was the game we alway had circled.

flexmac3

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on December 04, 2015, 05:55:26 PM
I'll always pick the Clovis school. There wasn't much rivalry on the football field between CW & Clovis from 2004-2007. We beat them 51-14 my senior year & Clovis East was the game we alway had circled.
No explanation required CW2007, just messing with you.

flexmac3