News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Central Section Coaching Openings 2024

Started by ironman45, November 16, 2023, 03:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWClassof2007 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

shafteralum

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 03, 2024, 08:46:17 AMwhat happened there?

I've heard rumor that Garces slashed its football budget to $20k, which is nothing at a private school.  Speculation is some boosters were unhappy watching their kids stand on the sideline while transfers played.  Also heard last night that Golla's the guy at Independence.  We'll see if that comes to fruition.

TeddyKGB

I had heard that some of booster were not happy, specifically the family of a QB that went to Frontier.

izne1home

Quote from: shafteralum on May 03, 2024, 01:00:28 PMI've heard rumor that Garces slashed its football budget to $20k, which is nothing at a private school. 

$20k is nothing at any school.  Garces should get off the transfer train and play with the boys they have, even if they drop a division or two.  If these transfers aren't curtailed, high school football will be ruined. 

College football is already a thing of the past. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on May 03, 2024, 01:50:36 PM$20k is nothing at any school.  Garces should get off the transfer train and play with the boys they have, even if they drop a division or two.

$20k is barely enough to get one thru a weekend in Vegas! I believe that is what the garces booster what, they want to watch their kids play but they also want to win.

JPar

How is the Pag not reporting on this? The rumor is doing laps around Bakers. You all know it's not certified until the Pag reports it"

TeddyKGB

Quote from: JPar on May 03, 2024, 02:46:53 PMHow is the Pag not reporting on this? The rumor is doing laps around Bakers. You all know it's not certified until the Pag reports it"

pag is slow because word is his office was cleaned out yesterday.

TeddyKGB

Chris Wedel is Foothill's new head coach.

Bud Kilmer

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 08, 2024, 02:35:10 PMChris Wedel is Foothill's new head coach.

According to the Kern High Network, during his first go round at Foothill he led his freshman football team to a 10-0 season (means absolutely nothing) and his varsity baseball team to a valley championship appearance.

I say this to say he may know how to get kids to rally around and play hard for him.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Bud Kilmer on May 08, 2024, 02:50:35 PMAccording to the Kern High Network, during his first go round at Foothill he led his freshman football team to a 10-0 season (means absolutely nothing) and his varsity baseball team to a valley championship appearance.

I say this to say he may know how to get kids to rally around and play hard for him.

I believe he's from Wasco originally, but I can't swear to that.

Bud Kilmer

With a quick google search of his name, he is indeed from Wasco.
He was an All-American Pitcher in college, and coached at Taft College for a few years.

Bud Kilmer

Hometown Sports twitter account has reported that Golla is at Independence.

ironman45

with Coach Golla going to Independence. The only job that is left is Garces.

Foothill was filled and I believe Dos Palos is making their coach reapply as a formality. Per pagmeter that is what I saw.

Garces-open...any front runners??? Any other news??

Darth Backer

Quote from: TeddyKGB on May 08, 2024, 02:53:18 PMI believe he's from Wasco originally, but I can't swear to that.

Yup, also attended Wasco and played both football and baseball at COS in the early 90's.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: ironman45 on May 09, 2024, 08:31:04 AMThe only job that is left is Garces.
Garces-open...any front runners??? Any other news??

No telling, it seems like the alumni-boosters want to win but want to win with kids who's last name is on the reserved parking signs.

Bud Kilmer

Quote from: Darth Backer on May 09, 2024, 08:45:46 AMYup, also attended Wasco and played both football and baseball at COS in the early 90's.

I believe that may be a relative. Chris Wedel's college stats show he played in the early 2000s.

Darth Backer

Quote from: Bud Kilmer on May 10, 2024, 08:33:04 AMI believe that may be a relative. Chris Wedel's college stats show he played in the early 2000s.

Yup, saw the last name and blanked on the first...

ironman45

just saw the Farmersville job is posted on edjoin....any news on that??

ironman45