News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Divison 2 Semi Final Redwood vs Frontier

Started by TitanScott, November 28, 2009, 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TitanScott

Who is it going to be?

Redwood 14  Frontier 28

What do you all think?

jeraf

Quote from: TitanScott on November 28, 2009, 12:32:57 PM
Who is it going to be?

Redwood 14  Frontier 28

What do you all think?

titanscott, I think you're right.  Redwood doesn't stand a chance against the mighty Frontier Football Team.  You're team has an All-American Hero Matt Darr Punter/Kicker going to USC after High School.  Your team plays in the toughest league in Bakersfield.  We play in the Weak Yosemite League.  Frontier beat Centennial 30-22.  Redwood got beat up by Centennial 45-20.  Based on common opponents Frontier wins by 4 Td's.  As a matter of fact, I think we'll just go to Bakersfield so we can eat dinner at Zingo's after the game.  See you on Friday, and could you be a good host and bring some hot chocolate for the parents, I hear it's going to be real cold that night.   :D

footballmom

awww come on now....redwood beat el d. they better go in there and show bakersfield that visalia has gone some teeth. go visalia!
"Football isn't a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."

ihatela

Yeah jeraf

maybe the lights will go out again, and you guys will get lucky again  :)-

RHS77

For your information ihatela:

luck had nuthin to do with it and you know it...EL D got beat fair and square and that's the end of that!

Can't go back baby, can't go back -- what's done is done...

s0crstud6

Quote from: ihatela on November 28, 2009, 08:01:24 PM
Yeah jeraf

maybe the lights will go out again, and you guys will get lucky again  :)-

Cry me a river. You lost and then come on and say it was luck and blame it on the lights. You had plenty of time to beat Redwood into the loor like you should have, but you didn't. Get over yourself and El D. Go watch your band play, im sure they'll be winning championships somewhere so you can brag about because in the mean time, your football team won't be winning any this year.

FAN OF 23

VALLEY  BOUND  -  TODAY 

To bad ELD!!!!!

TitanScott

jeraf.....No disrespect meant at all...Redwood came up big this week and showed they can play with anyone, I actually like when the underdogs win and was happy you all beat El D...I don't look to common opponent's scores, what league you are in, etc., anyone can beat anyone this time of year. If Frontier plays like they did the first half against Garces, they will be in trouble...The team that showed up in the second half needs to be there the whole game this Friday. As far as your food choices go in Bako, Zingo's is a little harsh, your northern stomachs might not be able to handle it...I would suggest Hodel's Country Buffet, unless you like a little 93308 eye candy, then I would suggest the Tilted Kilt or our new Hooter's...All the LA talent has gone home!!! Good luck to Redwood, have a safe trip down and it should be a good game.  :u:

TitanScott

Jeraf...Sent you a message...No worries!!!  :D We will see you Friday, I am excited about the game already...It will be a good one.

Asgard 88

I was surprised that Redwood beat ElD. So I guess I will be rooting for the underdog in this one.
With your shield or on it

gnoix

Comes down to the passing of Redwood if they can not get the run game. Frontier is what El D was a few years ago. They are going to be good for a while.

jeraf

He is an article from Bakersfield Californian's Sports Writer Zack Ewing:

In a classic tale of two halves, Frontier shook off a bad first half against Garces and put the foot on the gas pedal in the second half to win 34-14. The Titans have been so consistent this year, outside of a game or two, that it's hard to imagine them being upset by a Rams team that didn't have their size or talent. And recover they did. Now, the most exciting thing for Frontier is that El Diamante lost in an upset to Visalia-Redwood. That means the Titans are at home again next week against a No. 10 seed and that an eventual matchup in the championship with 11-0 Tulare Union is looking more and more like a certainty. In fact, Tulare Union, which must play Edison, has the much tougher semifinal opponent, at least on paper.

Visalia-Redwood at Frontier: How much better has Redwood gotten from when Centennial blew it out?

I'm not so sure that Zack understands Football outside of Kern County.  It seems that the game between Redwood and Frontier is a foregone conclusion.  He seems to have Frontier and Tulare Union in the VC game already.  IMO Zack don't know Jack!  ANY GIVEN FRIDAY, Zack, ANY GIVEN FRIDAY, that's why they play the game. 

Division IV Junkie

Quote from: armchair on November 29, 2009, 06:50:11 PM
Frontier beat Cenntenial, Cenntenial beat Buchanan, Frontier barely beat Exeter, Kingsburg destroyed Exeter, Kingsburg wants Frontier to win.

Frontier would knock K-berg off...no matter the comparisons
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

steve-o

go get em jeref...it was nice to me you by the way.....
if your not cheating your not trying!!

jeraf

Quote from: steve-o on December 01, 2009, 08:50:06 AM
go get em jeref...it was nice to me you by the way.....

Yeah, Steve-O, it was great to meet you at the Hoover game.  I know that you'll be pulling for Bullard this Friday.   :u:

NODOGZDOWN

I have not seen Redwood play, but I have seen Frontier 3 times this year and they are Legit! They have a ILB #42 named Ian Driskell that is lights out! I can't make an acurate prediction becuase I have not seen Redwood, but I will say FRontier is very physical and their special teams are outstanding!

I will also say, Coach Yavasile is an outstanding coach and his teams are always well prepared!

ValleyOak

Quote from: jeraf on December 01, 2009, 08:33:32 AM
Here are some quotes from Bakersfield Californian's Sports Writer Zack Ewing:

Visalia-Redwood at Frontier: How much better has Redwood gotten from when Centennial blew it out?

I'm not so sure that Zack understands Football outside of Kern County.  It seems that the game between Redwood and Frontier is a foregone conclusion.  He seems to have Frontier and Tulare Union in the VC game already.  IMO Zack don't know Jack!  ANY GIVEN FRIDAY, Zack, ANY GIVEN FRIDAY, that's why they play the game. 

I've seen a number of El D games this year. I saw both of the El D vs Redwood games this year. I have also seen Frontier and several other Kern County High Schools.  Surely thought Frontier was coming to town where, in my opinion, the Titans would have defeated El D by 14 points.  Now, with Redwood traveling to Bakersfield, no question in my mind Frontier will win by at least 14-21 points over Redwood. Good season Redwood and great win over El D, but your season ends in Kern County. Those Titan LB's are the best you will see this year!  Zach gets it right.   :u:

RHS77

Well Redwood did beat them! And it was Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

And because of that, Redwood keeps playing for a chance to win a Valley Championship. EL D? They get to turn in their uniforms and only dream about what they are not going to be playing for.

ssfootballNo1

Why do people keep excusing Frontier for barely beating Exeter 20-14.
They had to use a trick play -- illegal btw -- to beat the Monarchs.
I'm sure Frontier has gotten a lot better since that game but so has Redwood. Like an earlier post said, any given night a team can be beaten i.e. Buchanan.
So let's not all get ga-ga over a Frontier-TU Valley title game until Friday night is over and the results warrant it.
My prediction:
Frontier 28, Redwood 24.

ssfootballNo1