News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Menota vs Avenal

Started by mendotafan, October 18, 2011, 10:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mendotafan

mendotafan

Koalingon Empire

Avenal... upset of the year!

Koalingon Empire

tommygun

mendota will win by eight plus touchdowns !!!  i hope to see that avenal come up in the future , great popwarner program that they have .

tommygun

BossMan

Looking at the records and stats, along with the comment from bucfan, Mendota, by a lot!  This team is for real, let's see if they can stay hungry, winning by so much can go to the head, but these kids have been doing it since jv, so I don't think that will factor in...

BossMan

WestSideStory

Quote from: mendotafan on October 18, 2011, 10:12:37 PM
:huh: who will win???

Wow!!!!

Avenal 1-5
and has given up 260 points and scored 48 points this year

Mendota 6-0
and has scored 289 points and given up 38 points this year

who will Win?

the real question is will Mendota make it out of this game healthy and not get anyone hurt!!!....
That should be the goal......

Score is irrelevant unless Avenal wins...

You try to score.... and Ill try to stop you....

WestSideStory

Linebacker HS

I don't see Avenal scoring, sorry. And for Mendota, if the coach has a chance, he will run up the score.
"I don't get heart attacks, I give 'em!"

Linebacker HS

valley watcher

If the Mendota coach doesn't care about running the score up on a weaker opponent, then you would have to think that 80 is possible.

valley watcher

BossMan

I know the big scores look bad, but it's kind of the same situation when DP would blow up teams!  N those DP teams got praised! They just had better athletes and ran the ball, with a running clock in the 4th Q. (DP), Mendota is pretty much doing the same.  It's one thing if they are passing and running trick plays, but i've heard they just run.  C'mon haters you can't expect them to take a knee early in the fourth quarter.  Defense just got to tackle.

BossMan

tommygun

Quote from: Linebacker HS on October 19, 2011, 01:16:17 PM
I don't see Avenal scoring, sorry. And for Mendota, if the coach has a chance, he will run up the score.
i do not think he runs the score up to much because segura was out with five minutes left in the game against dos palos and remember the more big playmakers you have the more points you get . segura only carried the ball 10 times against dos palos . other teams in the valley run the score up and i don't hear yall saying the same about them . mendota aztecs have done really great so far this year and deserve the credit  THANKS TO ALL THE YEARS OF DEDICATION FROM ALL THE MENDOTA COACHES FROM THE YOUTH PROGRAM AND UP .

tommygun

Linebacker HS

I'm not saying that Mendota doesn't have talent, just that from what I've seen they have run some trick plays late with a big lead and have had starters in late in the game. I know they aren't the only team doing this, there are plenty of teams that keep starters in well into the 4th quarter with big leads, just happens to be a thread about Mendota.

Linebacker HS

WestSideStory

As far as the score......

It is one teams job to score and ........
The other teams job to stop them ...

Coaches lose their job for losing games
In Mendotas case you can pick your poison what RB do you want in...in the 4 th qt.

Do you want the 4th string RB....in?

Keep on rolling Mendota .......but dont forget every good thing comes to an end

WestSideStory

Division IV Junkie

First of all, until Mendota reels off state championship after another, no comparisons should be made to DP.....yes they are having a good season, probably the best ever..and I'm happy for them...but Mendotafan needs to knock it off with the question of who will win...its insulting to an Avenel program that was struggled...Mendota was that team at one point

I almost wished Mendota and Coalinga played like the old NSL days...that would be a great one
I have a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Division IV Junkie

Coach9

Well said Junkie, thank you.  :u:

Coach9

wellnow

If you have never been there you don't know how to act so give them a break :)-

wellnow

WestSideStory

Junkie hit the nail on the head about Who is going to win.

Mendotafan makes a post and watches!! To see who he gets going!!

I think Coalinga is moving to WSL soon
short coming for the Mendota vs Coalinga game

Mendota won a valley championship in baseball last year!!!! And a few valley championship in soccer too

The never been there comment leave that for another town/school!!!

WestSideStory

wellnow

Quote from: WestSideStory on October 19, 2011, 07:31:33 PM
Junkie hit the nail on the head about Who is going to win.

Mendotafan makes a post and watches!! To see who he gets going!!

I think Coalinga is moving to WSL soon
short coming for the Mendota vs Coalinga game

Mendota won a valley championship in baseball last year!!!! And a few valley championship in soccer too

The never been there comment leave that for another town/school!!!
This is a football site, it's not a  baseball or a soccer site, so I will leave that comment for Mendota the town and the school.

wellnow

Love TheFn Game

Love Mendota in this one!

Love TheFn Game

BossMan

Quote from: Division IV Junkie on October 19, 2011, 06:27:10 PM
First of all, until Mendota reels off state championship after another, no comparisons should be made to DP.....yes they are having a good season, probably the best ever..and I'm happy for them...but Mendotafan needs to knock it off with the question of who will win...its insulting to an Avenel program that was struggled...Mendota was that team at one point

I almost wished Mendota and Coalinga played like the old NSL days...that would be a great one

Junkie...the comparison to DP was in regards to how Mendota is winning, not to DP's Legacy or championships.  Clearly there is no comparison in that area, but yes they are winning big just like the way DP used to.

I too would enjoy watching Coalinga vs Mendota, two very good teams this year, too bad it will not happen...

BossMan

BossMan

Quote from: wellnow on October 19, 2011, 07:26:43 PM

Wellnow, can you clarify on never been there, don't know how to act? Who is it, that is not knowing how to act, I believe just excited fans who are pleased with there team...

BossMan

Coach9

No, it's called getting carried away, not you particularly, but others. Humility is a learned thing, sooner better than later. No need to gloat or rub someones nose in a loss, it's about the kids. We do not try and humiliate any child here. Period.

IZ, check your mail.

Coach9

WestSideStory

Quote from: wellnow on October 19, 2011, 07:26:43 PM

Who never been there before? I am puzzled!!

I know a few Mendota football players with VC rings
I know a Mendota football coach with a VC ring
I see a few VC rings on some of the fans at football games

They might not be football VC rings. But they are VC rings

I know Mendota's soccer team made it to the State simi finals..

Mendota students use to go to Tranquility before they got a high school and.....
Yes they won a few VC rings in football there ....

Now that i think about it you right they never been there before .....

WestSideStory

tommygun

looks like some poeple don't like that mendota is winning well they got some more games to win to prove to you nonbelieves that they are the real deal THIS YEAR.  someone said on this thread WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND well what do you know

tommygun

Division IV Junkie

Quote from: WestSideStory on October 19, 2011, 09:09:02 PM
Who never been there before? I am puzzled!!

I know a few Mendota football players with VC rings
I know a Mendota football coach with a VC ring
I see a few VC rings on some of the fans at football games

They might not be football VC rings. But they are VC rings

I know Mendota's soccer team made it to the State simi finals..

Mendota students use to go to Tranquility before they got a high school and.....
Yes they won a few VC rings in football there ....

Now that i think about it you right they never been there before .....

We never said anything about the team itself...it is the posters on this site who don't seem to know how to act....its called being an adult!

Division IV Junkie

wellnow

Quote from: BossMan on October 19, 2011, 08:56:12 PM
Wellnow, can you clarify on never been there, don't know how to act? Who is it, that is not knowing how to act, I believe just excited fans who are pleased with there team...
It's kind of like asking the price of something if you have to ask you shouldn't buy it. Points about kids going to Tranquility , how long has Mendota had a high school, maybe 6 years so those kids with rings from Tranquility been in high School for10  years, as far as coaches with rings I'm sure none of them are getting on here and crowing, and like I said this is a football site not a baseball or soccer site. Hey I'm happy for Mendota I have been working on the westside for way to many years, grew up on the westside, when the only to high schools were DP and Tranquility.I help put the turf in at Mendota, so I wish them all the success, just enjoy the ride, and do it with class and humility.

wellnow

WestSideStory

Quote from: wellnow on October 20, 2011, 06:32:28 AM
It's kind of like asking the price of something if you have to ask you shouldn't buy it. Points about kids going to Tranquility , how long has Mendota had a high school, maybe 6 years so those kids with rings from Tranquility been in high School for10  years, as far as coaches with rings I'm sure none of them are getting on here and crowing, and like I said this is a football site not a baseball or soccer site. Hey I'm happy for Mendota I have been working on the westside for way to many years, grew up on the westside, when the only to high schools were DP and Tranquility.I help put the turf in at Mendota, so I wish them all the success, just enjoy the ride, and do it with class and humility.

Mendota's first graduating class was 1994 i believe that was 17 years ago
The only VC rings Mendota has are in sports other than football...i know its a football board..
but my point is Mendota has been successful ... so they have been there before..

WestSideStory

steve-o

Really? I guess someone just really want to up their post #'s
if your not cheating your not trying!!

steve-o

if your not cheating your not trying!!

wellnow

I give, what's the old saying you can wrestle a pig in the mud and you both get muddy but the pig likes it. You are right Mendota is  the best, they will run the table, there has never been a team like this on the westside,..........................

wellnow

tommygun

55 to 0 , win for mendota segura 3 tds 135 yards with 5 carries .   WOW

tommygun