News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Lamonica Stadium

Started by BUILDER.02, October 19, 2011, 11:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUILDER.02

With the Game Tomarrow Night by far being the biggest in the valley to date, and both teams hitting on all cylinders I hope the People show up! Lamonica stadium is the best FOOTBALL stadium in the Vally hands down Sorry Buchanan the Track throws me off. Will the stadium be packed! Will we be witnesses to OLD Clovis? Thoughts on the Game out side of the Coaches players and Uniforms (Looking at you Clovis).
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

John Wayne.

BUILDER.02

John Wayne.

Bronco

I'll  be  there  for  sure &  you're  right  about  Lamonica  being  the  best  place  to  watch  a  game  :u: Without  a  track  around  the  field  you , as  a  fan , feel  right  on  top  of  the  game.
It's  also  a  great  place  for  the  players  to  play  for  the  same  reason .

I  just  hope  the  Coug's  don't  wear  those  aweful  blue  pants  8) 

Bronco

bksflddan

Quote from: Bronco on October 19, 2011, 11:30:29 AM
I'll  be  there  for  sure &  you're  right  about  Lamonica  being  the  best  place  to  watch  a  game  :u: Without  a  track  around  the  field  you , as  a  fan , feel  right  on  top  of  the  game.
It's  also  a  great  place  for  the  players  to  play  for  the  same  reason .

I  just  hope  the  Coug's  don't  wear  those  aweful  blue  pants  8) 

I was carrying the National Ensign during the National Anthem at Lamonica for the '76 VC .... just a little trivia!!
"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

bksflddan

"The crux of leadership is seeing what needs to be done and doing it before anyone else"

Run fast! Stay Low!

Just_A_Fan

Sanger's stadium is a pretty good place to watch a game too...no track either....

Just_A_Fan

izne1home

Quote from: bksflddan on October 19, 2011, 11:42:03 AM
I was carrying the National Ensign during the National Anthem at Lamonica for the '76 VC .... just a little trivia!!

Was that the Lupe Sanchez show game?

izne1home

Bronco

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 19, 2011, 11:54:04 AM
Sanger's stadium is a pretty good place to watch a game too...no track either....

I  agree  with  you  there  AND  a  much  better  choice   at  the  consession  stand .  Food  IS  NOT  an  important  consideration  at  CUSD  home  games ( includes  both  stadiums )  :d:

Bronco

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: Bronco on October 19, 2011, 12:33:42 PM
I  agree  with  you  there  AND  a  much  better  choice   at  the  consession  stand .  Food  IS  NOT  an  important  consideration  at  CUSD  home  games ( includes  both  stadiums )  :d:

Sanger concessions are very good!!  Except they ran out of tacos by half time when we played last week...almost had withdrawls  :D

Just_A_Fan

Bronco

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 19, 2011, 12:37:18 PM
Sanger concessions are very good!!  Except they ran out of tacos by half time when we played last week...almost had withdrawls  :D

Great  tacos  :u:  Great  Tri-tip  :u: Great  atmosphere  :u: Great  little  town  :u:

Bronco

Linebacker HS

Both Sanger and Lamonica are great fields to watch a game as well as play.
"I don't get heart attacks, I give 'em!"

Linebacker HS

"I don't get heart attacks, I give 'em!"

BUILDER.02

If you Don't love to Play Coach or watch Football In Tom Flores or Lamonica you must not be alive!

Will Clovis have to Bring in extra seating for the game tomarrow? id like to see that happen personally.

John Wayne.

BUILDER.02

John Wayne.

illinjoe

This one should have been televised.

illinjoe

Coach9

Absolutely, who ever makes these schedules for the games televised seems to be asleep at the wheel.

Coach9

BUILDER.02

How is it not! Who Will be on TV?

Will It at Least be on the Radio?

John Wayne.

BUILDER.02

John Wayne.

illinjoe

SJM vs Sunnyside. I dont know about radio. Coach Hurd get Pag on this ASAP!!!

illinjoe

Just_A_Fan

They make TV schedules quite a bit in advance, so no one knows who is going to be good and who is going to be bad at that point.  Sunnyside and SJM are the TV game this week.  Don't know if Clovis and Central are on the radio or not.  Wish the Bullard and Edison game had been on TV so I could have recorded it.

Just_A_Fan

Coach9

Just left a message for Pags, let's see what happens.  :u:

Coach9

Feed The Dog

KJEO will air the game tape-delay.
It will be on at 11:30 Friday night on KGMC TV and Comcast Ch 10. 
Then the game will air two more times - on Saturday at 9:30am on KJEO, Ch 32 and also on Sunday at 8:00pm on KJEO.

Feed The Dog

Coach9

That's better than nothing, thanks Dog.

Good boy....Sit!

Coach9

Klin97

Since the game is going to be shown on tape-delay, I'm not going to record it. I"ll actually be able to yell. w00t!

Klin97

Coach9

Ask and you shall recieve, Pag will do the Clovis vs Central game Thursday as well as the Kingsburg vs Coaling Station "A" game Friday night.

Tommorrow on the show, Coach Steele (Kingsburg) and Coach Mccaleb (Coalinga)

http://1430espn.com/includes/news_items/2/news_items_more.php?id=103&section_id=2

Coach9

Coach Scudder

Quote from: BUILDER.02 on October 19, 2011, 01:00:07 PM
Will Clovis have to Bring in extra seating for the game tomarrow? id like to see that happen personally.

Have not seen that since the OLD Clovis Clovis West games before Buchanan came along!!!!

Coach Scudder

BUILDER.02

Coach Scudder,

Thats what I was thinking hopefully they can get that goin today!

John Wayne.

BUILDER.02

John Wayne.

valleyfan

Quote from: izne1home on October 19, 2011, 12:18:14 PM
Was that the Lupe Sanchez show game?
No Lupe isn't that old, that was the Ted Tarosian show (Sanger).

valleyfan

sentinel

Quote from: Coach Scudder on October 19, 2011, 03:02:37 PM
Have not seen that since the OLD Clovis Clovis West games before Buchanan came along!!!!

Oh yeah, bleachers behind the east end zone. SRO,  helocopters, hot air balloons, fire engines, the chs student body chanting "we're the only clovis high school in Clovis", signs saying your're on the home side but you aren't the home team, and the CW student section singing "mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cougars!  Those first games were crazy!

sentinel

steve-o

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 19, 2011, 11:54:04 AM
anywhere you can get three generations to flip you the bird as your bus is driving to the stadium, must be a town that loves football!!! true story!!!
if your not cheating your not trying!!

steve-o

if your not cheating your not trying!!

COBRA

Quote from: bksflddan on October 19, 2011, 11:42:03 AM
the

I was there also bks, except on the opposing sideline as a Sanger Apache. It was the best way to end a high school football career, going out as a valley champion in what I believe is the best football stadium in the valley.  :u:
Man in the Mirror

COBRA

Man in the Mirror

DEM Graphics

Quote from: illinjoe on October 19, 2011, 01:33:01 PM
This one should have been televised.
I agree. I heard ESPN may cover it, but can't confirm.

Sanger is great but you can top the lighting at Central.

DEM Graphics

izne1home

Quote from: DEM Graphics on October 20, 2011, 08:55:19 AM

Oh man...  Don't get me started on lighting.   Lamonica is almost as dark as McLane. 

izne1home

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: izne1home on October 20, 2011, 09:01:05 AM
Oh man...  Don't get me started on lighting.   Lamonica is almost as dark as McLane. 

SJM's stadium is right in their with the darkest of the stadiums....

Sanger has really good lighting....

Just_A_Fan

gimmebball

Quote from: DEM Graphics on October 20, 2011, 08:55:19 AM

I think I heard that it will be on 790 tonight. I'm hoping so since I can't make the game.

gimmebball

DEM Graphics

Quote from: izne1home on October 20, 2011, 09:01:05 AM
lol they call it the "Cave" for nothing.

DEM Graphics

cdubkiller

Quote from: sentinel on October 20, 2011, 08:13:18 AM
Oh yeah, bleachers behind the east end zone. SRO,  helocopters, hot air balloons, fire engines, the chs student body chanting "we're the only clovis high school in Clovis", signs saying your're on the home side but you aren't the home team, and the CW student section singing "mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cougars!  Those first games were crazy!

I was fortunate enough to grow up around those old Clovis rivalry games as a kid and play in them when I got older. All of the hoopla before, during, and after the game was almost as good as the great football that was being played on the gridiron. Man, what I would give to see support and passion like that again in valley football!!!!  :u:
Friday Night Fever!!!

cdubkiller

Friday Night Fever!!!

cowbell

Quote from: sentinel on October 20, 2011, 08:13:18 AM

Ahhh, the good 'ole days....the wishbone, bonfire pep rallys, helicopters, cannons after every score, CW - the new little brother - always the underdog....Lamonica Stadium, better get there by halftime of the JV game...packed and rockin'!  Feel fortunate to have been apart of that madness...no parents, no transfers, no drama..just gettin' after it!   

cowbell

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 20, 2011, 09:12:33 AM
SJM's stadium is right in their with the darkest of the stadiums....

Sanger has really good lighting....

Add Madera to this list...at least it was in 2006 when we played there on their turf for the first time.

CWClassof2007

Coach Scudder

Quote from: cowbell on October 20, 2011, 10:54:37 AM
Ahhh, the good 'ole days....the wishbone, bonfire pep rallys, helicopters, cannons after every score, CW - the new little brother - always the underdog....Lamonica Stadium, better get there by halftime of the JV game...packed and rockin'!  Feel fortunate to have been apart of that madness...no parents, no transfers, no drama..just gettin' after it!  

Do you also remember the Game Ball being delivered by skydivers?  As a young coach, that always impressed the HELL out of me.  Clovis, Clovis West was THE game!!!!!   :u: :u: :u:

Coach Scudder

hsfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnJX2FiW-ik

Great birds eye view of jumping into Michigan Stadium with a few fans watching,makes me want to jump into Lamonica Stadium tonght  :D
For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

hsfan

For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

chs95

As my name says im a 95' graduate of Clovis High and boy do I miss all Clovis week.  Nothing compared to that week then or since for me.

chs95

Bronco

Some  of  my  VERY  best  memories   are  from  that  place  :u:  Good  luck  tonight  CLovis  8)

Bronco

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: hsfan on October 20, 2011, 02:03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnJX2FiW-ik

Great birds eye view of jumping into Michigan Stadium with a few fans watching,makes me want to jump into Lamonica Stadium tonght  :D

Now THAT would be something to televise..... :D :u:

Just_A_Fan

izne1home

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 20, 2011, 03:01:34 PM
Now THAT would be something to televise..... :D :u:

HS would be coming in hot. 

izne1home

jeraf

I'll be there tonight.  Leaving Visalia @ 5:30.  The Game starts at 7pm.  I'm going to bring my laptop, so that I can TRY to give current updates on the Preps on the best D1 matchup of the Week.  I'll be wearing levi's and a CAL T-shirt. So if anyone see's me, just walk on by........just kidding.  Please stop me and introduce yourself.  OH yeah, I'll also have a full head of grey hair (at least I have hair) and a goatee...ha ha.  BTW I'll be sitting on the Clovis side around the 20yrd line (near the scoreboard) Clovis side with Football from the Preps.

jeraf

Drillers89

How could you forget the drillers legendary Griffith Field??? Lominica is tops though :u:

Drillers89

izne1home

Quote from: Drillers89 on October 20, 2011, 05:21:45 PM
How could you forget the drillers legendary Griffith Field???

Lobotomy and Metyrapone was the only thing that worked for me.

izne1home

BUILDER.02

Lamonica was packed last night very impressive Clovis and Centeral

John Wayne.

BUILDER.02

John Wayne.

Klin97

Quote from: jeraf on October 20, 2011, 05:18:47 PM
I'll be there tonight.  Leaving Visalia @ 5:30.  The Game starts at 7pm.  I'm going to bring my laptop, so that I can TRY to give current updates on the Preps on the best D1 matchup of the Week.  I'll be wearing levi's and a CAL T-shirt. So if anyone see's me, just walk on by........just kidding.  Please stop me and introduce yourself.  OH yeah, I'll also have a full head of grey hair (at least I have hair) and a goatee...ha ha.  BTW I'll be sitting on the Clovis side around the 20yrd line (near the scoreboard) Clovis side with Football from the Preps.

Wish I had seen this post last night. I was sitting in EE reserved section which is at about the 30 yd line near the scoreboard. I would have came by and said "Yo!". :D

Klin97

sentinel

ahhhhhh!  That dang cannon.  We had a cheer for that as well but I can't post it.  Let's just say it referenced where CHS could store it!!!!  You are correct too, no transfer or parent garbage, just sports.

sentinel

patch

You forgot the ringing School bell and RC blimp.  I played in the first Clovis/CW "all Clovis" game on our way to the VC...incredible!

patch