News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Lamonica Stadium

Started by BUILDER.02, October 19, 2011, 11:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach Scudder

Quote from: BUILDER.02 on October 19, 2011, 01:00:07 PM
Will Clovis have to Bring in extra seating for the game tomarrow? id like to see that happen personally.

Have not seen that since the OLD Clovis Clovis West games before Buchanan came along!!!!

BUILDER.02

Coach Scudder,

Thats what I was thinking hopefully they can get that goin today!
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

John Wayne.

valleyfan

Quote from: izne1home on October 19, 2011, 12:18:14 PM
Was that the Lupe Sanchez show game?
No Lupe isn't that old, that was the Ted Tarosian show (Sanger).

sentinel

Quote from: Coach Scudder on October 19, 2011, 03:02:37 PM
Have not seen that since the OLD Clovis Clovis West games before Buchanan came along!!!!

Oh yeah, bleachers behind the east end zone. SRO,  helocopters, hot air balloons, fire engines, the chs student body chanting "we're the only clovis high school in Clovis", signs saying your're on the home side but you aren't the home team, and the CW student section singing "mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cougars!  Those first games were crazy!

steve-o

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 19, 2011, 11:54:04 AM
Sanger's stadium is a pretty good place to watch a game too...no track either....
anywhere you can get three generations to flip you the bird as your bus is driving to the stadium, must be a town that loves football!!! true story!!!
if your not cheating your not trying!!

COBRA

Quote from: bksflddan on October 19, 2011, 11:42:03 AM
I was carrying the National Ensign during the National Anthem at Lamonica for the '76 VC .... just a little trivia!!
the

I was there also bks, except on the opposing sideline as a Sanger Apache. It was the best way to end a high school football career, going out as a valley champion in what I believe is the best football stadium in the valley.  :u:
Man in the Mirror

DEM Graphics

Quote from: illinjoe on October 19, 2011, 01:33:01 PM
This one should have been televised.
I agree. I heard ESPN may cover it, but can't confirm.

Sanger is great but you can top the lighting at Central.

izne1home

Quote from: DEM Graphics on October 20, 2011, 08:55:19 AM

Oh man...  Don't get me started on lighting.   Lamonica is almost as dark as McLane. 

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: izne1home on October 20, 2011, 09:01:05 AM
Oh man...  Don't get me started on lighting.   Lamonica is almost as dark as McLane. 

SJM's stadium is right in their with the darkest of the stadiums....

Sanger has really good lighting....

gimmebball

Quote from: DEM Graphics on October 20, 2011, 08:55:19 AM

I think I heard that it will be on 790 tonight. I'm hoping so since I can't make the game.

DEM Graphics

Quote from: izne1home on October 20, 2011, 09:01:05 AM
lol they call it the "Cave" for nothing.

cdubkiller

Quote from: sentinel on October 20, 2011, 08:13:18 AM
Oh yeah, bleachers behind the east end zone. SRO,  helocopters, hot air balloons, fire engines, the chs student body chanting "we're the only clovis high school in Clovis", signs saying your're on the home side but you aren't the home team, and the CW student section singing "mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cougars!  Those first games were crazy!

I was fortunate enough to grow up around those old Clovis rivalry games as a kid and play in them when I got older. All of the hoopla before, during, and after the game was almost as good as the great football that was being played on the gridiron. Man, what I would give to see support and passion like that again in valley football!!!!  :u:
Friday Night Fever!!!

cowbell

Quote from: sentinel on October 20, 2011, 08:13:18 AM

Ahhh, the good 'ole days....the wishbone, bonfire pep rallys, helicopters, cannons after every score, CW - the new little brother - always the underdog....Lamonica Stadium, better get there by halftime of the JV game...packed and rockin'!  Feel fortunate to have been apart of that madness...no parents, no transfers, no drama..just gettin' after it!   

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 20, 2011, 09:12:33 AM
SJM's stadium is right in their with the darkest of the stadiums....

Sanger has really good lighting....

Add Madera to this list...at least it was in 2006 when we played there on their turf for the first time.

Coach Scudder

Quote from: cowbell on October 20, 2011, 10:54:37 AM
Ahhh, the good 'ole days....the wishbone, bonfire pep rallys, helicopters, cannons after every score, CW - the new little brother - always the underdog....Lamonica Stadium, better get there by halftime of the JV game...packed and rockin'!  Feel fortunate to have been apart of that madness...no parents, no transfers, no drama..just gettin' after it!  

Do you also remember the Game Ball being delivered by skydivers?  As a young coach, that always impressed the HELL out of me.  Clovis, Clovis West was THE game!!!!!   :u: :u: :u:

hsfan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnJX2FiW-ik

Great birds eye view of jumping into Michigan Stadium with a few fans watching,makes me want to jump into Lamonica Stadium tonght  :D
For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

chs95

As my name says im a 95' graduate of Clovis High and boy do I miss all Clovis week.  Nothing compared to that week then or since for me.

Bronco

Some  of  my  VERY  best  memories   are  from  that  place  :u:  Good  luck  tonight  CLovis  8)

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: hsfan on October 20, 2011, 02:03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnJX2FiW-ik

Great birds eye view of jumping into Michigan Stadium with a few fans watching,makes me want to jump into Lamonica Stadium tonght  :D

Now THAT would be something to televise..... :D :u:

izne1home

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 20, 2011, 03:01:34 PM
Now THAT would be something to televise..... :D :u:

HS would be coming in hot. 

izne1home