News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Stockdale-Liberty

Started by TeddyKGB, October 20, 2011, 01:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeddyKGB

Liberty maybe the better team, but with the coaches that Liberty has they can find a way to lose. I like Stockdale to upset here.

BUILDER.02

Isn't Liberty 5-1? with a loss to Clovis East why so down on the coaching staff? talent wise I have to give the edge to Liberty the Stockdale Defense is terrible. bottom line
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

John Wayne.

renegade

I think he is just going with Stockdale because Zack Ewing picked Stockdale too. I think it will be close just because of rivarly, but Liberty like all year with a late TD

TeddyKGB

Builder they are 5-1, but  Liberty has beat anyone that's very good; they beat Frontier and Delano (only 2 wins with record over .500) both are 3-2 but have not beat very good teams either, beat West which is winless, Highland has not impressive wins either. The LHS coaching staff seems to always choke in the big games and the most critical moment, I'm not sure playing a Stockdale team that is struggling would qualify as a "big" game but it is a league game and with only 5 league games everyone of them is important come playoff time.

renegade, you maybe a mindless drone who needs others to tell him what he should think; but I, on the other hand, can think for myself and form my own opinions.

renegade

Sorry TED I think on my own, I'm a big boy just like you, but for your next post go back on the web and search for another really cool name like mindless drone to call someone

BUILDER.02

Good Info i would have to say that stockdale hasn't beaten anyone at all and got smoked by Clovis and beat solidly by Buchanan i still think that liberty pulls it out although you Bakersfield boys would know more than i would good luck to both teams

John Wayne.

UnbiasedOne

The best battle between these two schools will be the freshmen game where I believe Liberty is 5-1 and Stockdale is 6-0!  As for the varsity, Stockdale is clearly a one horse pony and right now he is stabled.  Liberty is 5-1 even though it is a 5-1 that is against clearly lesser opponents, they are winning none the less.  They have that taste in their mouth and Stockdale unfortunately for them only have a bad taste in their mouth.  Liberty in this one 28-14.
I drive really slow in the ultra fast lane while people behind me are going insane!  I'm an A******!

TeddyKGB

Builder, they are 0-fer because of 2 forfeits, they pounded east and west but that's neither here nor there. They have been beat soundly by good teams but I don't believe that they will go winless. UBO, you're right LHS has won the games that they were suppose to win, but you know very well that in the tough leagues like the TRAC and SWLY anything can happen.

renegade you're new to this site which explains why you think I need search engines to help me.

CoachSki

UBO, you are incorrect about the Stockdale Frosh team's record.  They are 4-2, lost to Garces and Centennial.

flexmac3

Liberty finds away to win, Liberty plays well on their home field.
Liberty has the better QB, smart, very mobile, and can complete passes.
Stockdale being so run oriented, will allow Liberty defense to focus on the wing.
Liberty's  Corbin Jounti is quietly making a name for himself, his success could be the difference.
Without a passing game, Stockdale is going to have problems, even when Martin return, Liberty wins 24-17

old driller

Quote from: TeddyKGB on October 20, 2011, 01:39:28 PM
Liberty maybe the better team, but with the coaches that Liberty has they can find a way to lose. I like Stockdale to upset here.

I have never been a fan of Snow as a coach and his record since the loss of DJ proves my point. SHS has the top talent in town just about every year and he just can't seem to see past the wing t and bragging about not passing. Heck my Grandma could coach SHS to victory if DJ were playing. Carr visited SHS when he came home from Texas and Snow told him he will always be a running team ( he wanted to play where his brother did) so he chose BCHS instead. Neither team can pass the ball. 

BUILDER.02

Very True Teddy in our respective towns league is everything and its a whole different world when that happens

John Wayne.

TeddyKGB

old," I have never been a fan of Snow as a coach and his record since the loss of DJ proves my point"...exactly what point? You not being a fan of Snow is an opinion, his record proves what point? You have obviously have no grasp of the English language or the game of football. I curious, were you in the room when said conversation between Carr and Snow took place, I'd say probably not you're passing along 3rd or 4th hand info as if you know for a fact.

spectator7

I heard the same thing regarding Carr and there have been others that have chosen not to play the Wing T and for Snow in particular.  It is apparent Coach Snow has not developed any of his players and relied completely on one player. Sad a high school coach doesn't have the skills to develop and mentor the kids.  If anything, this whole mess has exposed how weak this coaching staff really is. 

taysdad

from ewing's prediction: "Liberty is obviously playing much better than it was in early wins against Delano and West and a shutout loss to Clovis East. But the Patriots still aren't blowing people out." Guess they fixed that tonight. 41-0 is the last score i heard. Then again, the stangs have given up 30.5 points per game before tonight.

GoldenHawksFootball

QuoteLiberty maybe the better team, but with the coaches that Liberty has they can find a way to lose. I like Stockdale to upset here.

Wow! You could not be more wrong on this one. I knew Liberty would be good at the beginning. Many of you continue to bash them but at 6-1 and whipping Stockdale 44-0 it's hard to take this team lightly.
We'll find out more with BHS/Centennial/Liberty all playing each other down the stretch. Should be an exciting league the last 3 weeks of the season. What I don't get is why continue to trash the Liberty
coaching staff? Why are they so bad?

GoldenHawksFootball

Quoteits all perspective, and the valley seems up for grabs but liberty is not a good team

If 6-1 is not a good team, what is a good team? Who are your good teams? Just curious.

CoachSki

GHF, you make a great point.  All Liberty has done since the disaster at CE is win.  They should be congratulated so far on a great season.  The next three weeks will decide everything.

OriginalCVFan

If CE played liberties schedule they would be 6-1 or 7-0(since they beat liberty) and since CE is having trouble finding the field let alone a win this year playing the competition they have scheduled, Liberty seems to be  a big question mark right now.
]

TeddyKGB

GHF, Liberty is a good team but Friday they were playing a shell of a team. What some of the morons that keep saying that Snow and his staff "have been exposed as weak" since Martin has been out do not realizes is that they are missing 4 other starter are out due to injury. The D at SHS is terrible because those starters would be on the D.
Give liberty credit they came out fired up and took care of business, but the next 3 weeks we'll see just how they stack up against the top competition.

TeddyKGB