News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Sunnyside Dominates!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by allaboutfb, October 20, 2011, 10:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutfb

I tried to tell you justafan.  You just didn't want to listen.  Sunnyside is no joke and now you really know who Errian Wingfield is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lets give props where props are due.  Errian Wingfield- 33 carries for 351 yards and 5 TD!!!!!!!!!!! The game was over after the second quarter.  SJM really could not stop Sunnyside.  Brown became a non factor because the score got out of hand.  He did however score on a long kickoff return.  Memorial went to a package that saw Stawllworth as the QB and they just ran speed option out of it.  I can't see SJM competing with Edison or Bullard if those two teams are as elite as everyone says they are.  IMO you stack the box and stop Brown and Memorial is done.  Can't wait to watch SS vs Edison and SS vs Bullard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valley watcher

No stats for Wingfield from the Fresno High game earlier... but here is what I could find.

22 carries for 192 and 3 TD vs. Lemoore      W 28-6
19 carries for 174 and 1 TD vs. Reedley       W 24-0
18 carries for 158 and 1 TD vs. Washington L 23-13
21 carries for 213 and 3 TD vs. Hoover        W 27-16
22 carries for 332 and 4 TD vs. Madera        W 48-21
33 carries for 364 and 5 TD vs. Memorial      W 35-22

He has been dominant all season. Looks like Union fared the best against him (Reedley also did a nice job). Not a surprise that the only game Sunnyside has dropped this season came in a game where Wingfield did not go off. This is a solid team with a great QB and a RB making a case as the best in the section. It will be interesting to see how high Union and Sunnyside rise in the rankings. IMO you can't move Sunnyside ahead of Union but you have to move both of them way up the polls.

Coach9

Sunnyside and Washington are in different Divisions. Sunnyside in Div. II and Union in Div. IV.
Div. II is a very talented Div. this year. Once again, the glaring fact that Union being in Div. IV is an absolute travesty.

What this does tell us is this, CMAC is the superior overall league when compared to the TRAC this year. IMHO

allaboutfb

Sunnyside has to move up in the polls.  Just made a top 5 team with a D1 recruit look terrible.  Since WU beat SS and are Undefeated, How do not move them up!!!!!!!!!!!!  If WU played Memorial I don't think it would be close!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I felt bad for Memorial when the game started because they ran out of the locker room with what looked like 25-30 players.  It would really be hard to compete with those numbers.  If they have been playing with that many players all year my hat goes off to them.

allaboutfb

Quote from: Coach Hurd on October 20, 2011, 10:56:48 PM
Sunnyside and Washington are in different Divisions. Sunnyside in Div. II and Union in Div. IV.
Div. II is a very talented Div. this year. Once again, the glaring fact that Union being in Div. IV is an absolute travesty.

What this does tell us is this, CMAC is the superior overall league when compared to the TRAC this year. IMHO

I agree...although i believe that Clovis could beat anyone in the CMAC on most nights.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: allaboutfb on October 20, 2011, 10:20:37 PM
I tried to tell you justafan.  You just didn't want to listen.  Sunnyside is no joke and now you really know who Errian Wingfield is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Lets give props where props are due.  Errian Wingfield- 33 carries for 351 yards and 5 TD!!!!!!!!!!! The game was over after the second quarter.  SJM really could not stop Sunnyside.  Brown became a non factor because the score got out of hand.  He did however score on a long kickoff return.  Memorial went to a package that saw Stawllworth as the QB and they just ran speed option out of it.  I can't see SJM competing with Edison or Bullard if those two teams are as elite as everyone says they are.  IMO you stack the box and stop Brown and Memorial is done.  Can't wait to watch SS vs Edison and SS vs Bullard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt, props go to SS tonight...they played a very good game and we didn't.  No excuses from this fan.  Offense started off in one package that worked well, then we seemed to go in other directions.  Defensively we simply didn't adjust.  Congrats to SS again as they deserved that win.

Coach9

Agreed, I did say, "overall" meaning all teams compared egually, CMAC would win more games. IMHO

Clovis is in a class of it's own in the Fresno area.

Coach9

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 20, 2011, 11:01:32 PM
No doubt, props go to SS tonight...they played a very good game and we didn't.  No excuses from this fan.  Offense started off in one package that worked well, then we seemed to go in other directions.  Defensively we simply didn't adjust.  Congrats to SS again as they deserved that win.

Classy post. Good for you my friend. Your boys will fight another day and win more games. This season isn't over, SJM is a tough football team.  :u:

allaboutfb

Quote from: Coach Hurd on October 20, 2011, 11:04:13 PM

Classy post. Good for you my friend. Your boys will fight another day and win more games. This season isn't over, SJM is a tough football team.  :u:

I agree with the post that is very classy....however I really believe that it is going to be tough for Memorial to compete only because their team is so small in a numbers sense.  There is no question about the players on the field, they are really good but they don't get a whole lot of breaks.  I have not seen Edison or Bullard but I'm guessing that they have larger teams than Memorial.  Hopefully I'm wrong and Good Luck to SJM the rest of the way.

Just_A_Fan

Quote from: Coach Hurd on October 20, 2011, 11:04:13 PM

Thanks Coach.  The kids are feeling a little down obviously.  Tough night and hopefully it gave them a little perspective.  Sure they will fight back.  Season is a long way from over.

valley watcher

Coach Hurd... I have to agree with you. The CMAC is the deeper league this season. Who would've thought we would ever say that the TRAC wasn't the deepest league around? Times have changed at least this season

allaboutfb

Quote from: valley watcher on October 20, 2011, 11:14:15 PM
Coach Hurd... I have to agree with you. The CMAC is the deeper league this season. Who would've thought we would ever say that the TRAC wasn't the deepest league around? Times have changed at least this season
This may be the case for a while.  IMO Fresno always has the better individual athletes.  Now they are getting the coaches.  They have Mcdonald back, Arax is a great coach, and now Garza is at Sunnyside.  Give O'brien a couple more years at Hoover and I guarantee you that program will be firing on all cylinders.  With great athletes and great coaches you get, dare I say, Great teams.  I believe that the reason Clovis has always been dominant is the stability they have in their coach's (CW turnover is high but they always gets top notch coach's).  If Fresno can keep these coach's in place they will be good for a long while. 

Coach9

Quote from: allaboutfb on October 20, 2011, 11:20:17 PM
This may be the case for a while.  IMO Fresno always has the better individual athletes.  Now they are getting the coaches.  They have Mcdonald back, Arax is a great coach, and now Garza is at Sunnyside.  Give O'brien a couple more years at Hoover and I guarantee you that program will be firing on all cylinders.  With great athletes and great coaches you get, dare I say, Great teams.  I believe that the reason Clovis has always been dominant is the stability they have in their coach's (CW turnover is high but they always gets top notch coach's).  If Fresno can keep these coach's in place they will be good for a long while. 

Excellent insight, absolutely correct. Now, if the Fresno schools will back these good coach's, then the CMAC could compete year in, year out. I'm afraid the economy wont allow that in Fresno. Now, more than ever, the $$$$ equate to wins.

d1hopkins

Good game for Sunnyside. Wingfield is no joke. The Sunnyside/Edison match up is looking real great right now!!!

allaboutfb

Quote from: d1hopkins on October 20, 2011, 11:34:25 PM
Good game for Sunnyside. Wingfield is no joke. The Sunnyside/Edison match up is looking real great right now!!!
I know that your going to pick Edison and you know that I am going to pick Sunnyside.  This should be a GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeraf

Quote from: Just_A_Fan on October 20, 2011, 11:01:32 PM

Is it possible that with the removal of the CE LB transfer (Torosian) and DB J Johnson from SJM contributed to their lack of defense? It seems that SJM really missed these 2 players tonight.

d1hopkins

Quote from: allaboutfb on October 20, 2011, 11:36:34 PM
I know that your going to pick Edison and you know that I am going to pick Sunnyside.  This should be a GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A group of Tigers and myself was talking this evening about playing Suunyside next week. All they remember is taking a thumping from Sunnyside last year and how they can't wait to play them. I had to remind the young fellas to worry about SS next week and not to look past Sanger. It will be a great game !!!

allaboutfb

Quote from: jeraf on October 20, 2011, 11:38:16 PM
Is it possible that with the removal of the CE LB transfer (Torosian) and DB J Johnson from SJM contributed to their lack of defense? It seems that SJM really missed these 2 players tonight.
It would be foolish to say that those two kids not being there had no relevancy on SJM play.....However they will not have them the rest of the year so what we saw today is what we will see from SJM the rest of the way. 

d1hopkins

Quote from: jeraf on October 20, 2011, 11:38:16 PM

Same result as last year. Can't make excuses. Sunnyside played a good game!

Coach9

Dont' start making excuses for SJM, they themselves aren't doing so. Let them lick the wounds and wait and see how it works out. Good luck SJM.

Coach9