News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Rude Tulare union fans .

Started by Cowboys39, October 20, 2011, 11:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboys39

I want to know what you guys think? . Went to watch monache and Tulare union play tonight and some of the union fans think it ok to sit on the monache side and be disrespectful to the monache fans when the are up 35-0 in the first qrt. No other stadium I have been to will allow this to happen. It reflects  bad on the city of Tulare and its high school.

knightsrule04

Quote from: Cowboys39 on October 20, 2011, 11:20:10 PM
I want to know what you guys think? . Went to watch monache and Tulare union play tonight and some of the union fans think it ok to sit on the monache side and be disrespectful to the monache fans when the are up 35-0 in the first qrt. No other stadium I have been to will allow this to happen. It reflects  bad on the city of Tulare and its high school.
I remember the Bakersfield stadium (Griffith?) being like that 11 years ago when the Knights traveled for a semifinal. Some old Bakersfield fans were sitting at the top row of the Bullard student section and complaining that our standing up was blocking their view. I feel like they were smoking, as well. Could be wrong on the last point.  :huh:
BULLARD KNIGHTS FOOTBALL: 2009 VALLEY CHAMPIONS!

Bullard Knights baseball: 5 Major Leaguers, 7 Valley titles, 4 CA titles, 1 CA runner-up, 2 National titles, 2 National runners-up, 1 5th place finish in the nation.

Bullard Knights softball: 5 Valley titles, 2 CA titles, 2 National titles.

fogdogs

But isn't this the same way at sanger where there is t a home or visitor side lime in most h.s.  Stadiums. I personally don't like that cuz I think it could lead to some very tense moments in a game

izne1home

Quote from: knightsrule04 on October 20, 2011, 11:25:19 PM
I feel like they were smoking, as well. Could be wrong on the last point.  :huh:

That's just the way Bakersfield smells.

PantherKnight

Str8t Shooter

That happened a few years ago when Redwood went to Tulare Union to play and several of their "older" fans- not HS kids.....sat on the visiting side and were rude and disrespectful to everyone around them.  There was plenty of room for them on their home side.  Someone should be monitoring more closely.  Who is ultimately responsible to make sure this happens?  Principals or AD's?

OriginalCVFan

I believe its the School District making RULES first, then the School is responsible for ENFORCING. 

I also think the CIF has some sort of guideline concerning this as well. 
]

whatahorse

Diesel is gonna be mad that you are bagging on TU again.....

diesel

I actually heard about this at our morning meeting today.....LOL!  It was ONE fan who is known by all around these parts....he's been tossed from basketball games, football games, you name it!  He's a little "off" and security made sure nothing got out of hand.....someone said the guy is in his FORTIES!!

cdubkiller

Well I'm glad admin. was on top of things because situations like that can get PRETTY ugly PRETTY fast!!! If you want to be openly expressing your views about the game in public, do it from your own team's stands  ;)
Friday Night Fever!!!

baseballfan1

From time to time I'll sit on the visitors side at whatever game I'm going to, fan or not, just because the visitors side is usually less crowded.  I've sat on the visitors side at TU during games before and I've never seen any fans purposely try to rub a fan's nose in it.  Most of the people I see sitting on visitors sides during games are very reserved.   I missed last night's game though, but I have heard of that guy diesel is talking about, he's certifiable from the stories I've heard.

Cowboys39

One of the guys is probably in his mid forties one is fifty plus . I called tulare high school and the cif. They both told me they have had multiple calls  today on these union fans. They said they will take care of it. We will find out soon I guess.

Cowboys39

Quote from: baseballfan1 on October 21, 2011, 11:37:31 AM
From time to time I'll sit on the visitors side at whatever game I'm going to, fan or not, just because the visitors side is usually less crowded.  I've sat on the visitors side at TU during games before and I've never seen any fans purposely try to rub a fan's nose in it.  Most of the people I see sitting on visitors sides during games are very reserved.   I missed last night's game though, but I have heard of that guy diesel is talking about, he's certifiable from the stories I've heard.
most of the Tulare fans that sat on the visiting side are very respectful but unfortunately it only takes a few bad ones for things to get out of hand.

linebacker

What did they do that was so bad?

linebacker

That sounds like a description of Bennet. Actually I bet it was Diesel and Bennet viewing the game from the stand. ;)

Just sayin

diesel

Quote from: linebacker on October 21, 2011, 12:00:08 PM
That sounds like a description of Bennet. Actually I bet it was Diesel and Bennet viewing the game from the stand. ;)

Just sayin

Come on, LB!!  I'm not that old!!  Besides, momma don't let me outta the house that late on a school night!  HA!!

CDBass

I wasn't there but it was probably the guy I'm thinking of that is at all Tulare Union games. He is not all there but he was a Monache guy for many years and was booted out for legal reasons and went back to Tulare. So he is probably in rare form when the two play each other. I'm sure you remember "Rich" baseballfan

baseballfan1

I do now!  That's hilarious, thanks for the trip down memory lane. :D

Cowboys39

Quote from: CDBass on October 21, 2011, 02:09:30 PM
I wasn't there but it was probably the guy I'm thinking of that is at all Tulare Union games. He is not all there but he was a Monache guy for many years and was booted out for legal reasons and went back to Tulare. So he is probably in rare form when the two play each other. I'm sure you remember "Rich" baseballfan
No it wasn't rich

hsfan

Quote from: knightsrule04 on October 20, 2011, 11:25:19 PM
I remember the Bakersfield stadium (Griffith?) being like that 11 years ago when the Knights traveled for a semifinal. Some old Bakersfield fans were sitting at the top row of the Bullard student section and complaining that our standing up was blocking their view. I feel like they were smoking, as well. Could be wrong on the last point.  :huh:

Smoking at the top row of a HS football stadium ? All the students should have got their names and sued them for taking five years off their life span.Never would happen at Sierra --the smoke police have snipers on the light poles to take out a lit cigarette.
For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !

hsfan

For as long as we like our speech free, our guns handy, our women open-faced, and beer cold, there will be plenty of work for the Defenders of this Country.
God Bless America, the Constitution of the United States, and its 2nd Amendment!
God Bless our Troops, and bring them home safe and sound.One Flag, One Language, One Nation under God.
Airborne All The Way !