News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Division One Playoffs Simplified

Started by Valley Insider, October 21, 2011, 12:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flexmac3

kill4speed

If centennial beats Bako then they deserve to be ranked higher....it not they fall to 7-3 and all things being equal and everyone wins out ....that's an 8-2 central with one loss in the section....compared to a 7-3 centennial with two losses in the section

kill4speed

N comparitive scores are 4th quarter score before late td's made it look better

Loyal14u

# 1 seed....Bakersfield ( Have not seen them played, but year after year they are the best coached team)
# 2 seed....Clovis (Tough D, playing with confidence should win TRAC)
# 3 seed...Edison (Clicking on all cylinders right now, do not want to play these guys in playoffs)
# 4 seed...Bullard (Played ET to the wire, very good offense, DL is legit)
# 5 seed...Tulare (Still don't know if they can play with the big boys until proven otherwise)
# 6 seed...Central (Never know what your getting with these guys, one friday they look like state contenders, next they look like Buchanan)
# 7 seed...Centennial (Last seconds lose vs Clovis changes everything)
# 8 seed...Clovis West (Offense avg 400 yards a game but the D is horrible)
# 9 seed...Liberty (Shut down the running game and you shut them down, 2 yrs in a row vs CE????)
# 10 seed...Clovis East ( Should not be in the playoffs)
# 11 seed...Stockdale ( Should not be in the playoffs)
# 12 seed...El D ( Should not be in the playoffs)
# 13 seed..Buchanan ( Should not be in the playoffs)

1)Bako
Bye

8)CW
9)Liberty

4)Bullard
5)Tulare

3)ET
6)Central

2)Clovis
7)Centennial

flexmac3

Quote from: Loyal14u on October 22, 2011, 01:27:15 PM
# 1 seed....Bakersfield ( Have not seen them played, but year after year they are the best coached team)
# 2 seed....Clovis (Tough D, playing with confidence should win TRAC)
# 3 seed...Edison (Clicking on all cylinders right now, do not want to play these guys in playoffs)
# 4 seed...Bullard (Played ET to the wire, very good offense, DL is legit)
# 5 seed...Tulare (Still don't know if they can play with the big boys until proven otherwise)
# 6 seed...Central (Never know what your getting with these guys, one friday they look like state contenders, next they look like Buchanan)
# 7 seed...Centennial (Last seconds lose vs Clovis changes everything)
# 8 seed...Clovis West (Offense avg 400 yards a game but the D is horrible)
# 9 seed...Liberty (Shut down the running game and you shut them down, 2 yrs in a row vs CE????)
# 10 seed...Clovis East ( Should not be in the playoffs)
# 11 seed...Stockdale ( Should not be in the playoffs)
# 12 seed...El D ( Should not be in the playoffs)
# 13 seed..Buchanan ( Should not be in the playoffs)

Right now CW does not belong in the playoff, there are only 8 teams deserving. CW competes well down the home stretch then they should be in the playoff.
If CW wins out they will be higher than an #8 seed
If TU wins out, they will get at least a #3 or #4  seed, the CIF will assure that.

Loyal14u

# 4 seed at best for TU
Bako will win their league & get the #1
Clovis will win their league & get the #2
ET will win their league & get the #3
CMAC over EYL

GoldenHawksFootball

Quote3-7 Centennial beat an undefeated #1 ranked Buchanan team two years ago and then go to the championship game against Bullard in 2009.

Incorrect. They were 6-4 that year.

Teams that are 1-9, 2-8, 3-7, even 4-6 should not be participating in the post season. In my opinion the rule should be teams need to finish .500 or better.
I know about Clovis East over Tulare and the Independence Falcons fine run last season but I believe the post season should be a reward for the regular season play.

flexmac3

Quote from: GoldenHawksFootball on October 22, 2011, 02:22:41 PM
Incorrect. They were 6-4 that year.

Teams that are 1-9, 2-8, 3-7, even 4-6 should not be participating in the post season. In my opinion the rule should be teams need to finish .500 or better.
I know about Clovis East over Tulare and the Independence Falcons fine run last season but I believe the post season should be a reward for the regular season play.

I agree GHF, but these league are all screwed up, Independence in the SWYL is ridiculous, even if Independence wanted it that way, they were not ready.
Plus there are other leagues that have schools in at least three different divisions, see EYL.

flexmac3