News:

We have upgraded the forums, still a work in progress, if you are having issues, please email [email protected]

Main Menu

Buchanan/Transfers etc

Started by Cristobal, March 28, 2024, 07:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raw Dawg Sports

Quote from: CEJlo on March 30, 2024, 04:09:00 PMIt stinks when people who probably have dealt with rumors or has been affected by them, then turn around and start rumors.  I thought coaches (in general) saved the baseless, truthless, non-factual, rumors to the democrats?lol sorry not going politics!

For those Who don't know the state of high school football... It is not good! It is extremely difficult to find hard-working knowledgeable coaches at any level the coaching world is dwindling! student athletes are getting pulled by different sports, Club sports, parents, Gurus, money,  etc.
With that said, my humble opinion of why Clovis East Has kids and families wanting to be at their school (in general), includes (athletics, band, ag, multicultural programs.) is because;

-Knowledgeable, solid hard working coaching staff that loves molding student athletes.
-An amazing administration that backs their athletics just as fierce as every program on campus!
-STABILITY, more on campus coaches (football) than anywhere in the valley. They serve in different departments across Clovis East and Reyburn.
-The most diverse student body across Clovis Unified! That is real life!
- Our athletes seek out their coaches at lunch to hang out! (That doesn't happen everywhere)!
-WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE our athletes to play other sports! (There is value in every sport outside of the obvious)!
-We are organized And intentional in what we do and the time we spend with our anthletes.
-who doesn't like an underdog? (Well besides Clovis high PACK)
-last of all we love our kids and we love to COMPETE.

Parents in my opinion want stability, growth, guidance, care, and love for their kids. If the word is out about East or some other school and that's not happening at your school. parents/kids will go to great lengths. not fishy to me. But if you know something I don't know feel free to share!

The stories heard from the Bullard faithful about why CE's OC was removed from Memorial a few years back were definitely......interesting. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: Raw Dawg Sports on April 01, 2024, 10:41:44 AMThe stories heard from the Bullard faithful about why CE's OC was removed from Memorial a few years back were definitely......interesting. 

what were those stories can you elaborate?

izne1home

Quote from: Timmy Winn on April 01, 2024, 10:37:26 AMGettysburg has been like a kid in a custody battle since its inception. Back and forth forever. Also been arguably the best producer of male athletes historically (maybe not recently) of all CHS area feeder schools.

I agree.  The impact of moving Gettysburg back and forth was obvious when CE opened.  I'm curious what the demographics are in the Gettysburg area now, versus 25 years ago. 

hardhitter23

Its the super team era. Players are going to go where they can win and have fun at the same time ride the wave. Buchanan is on a downfall but their overall success is still better than East. This is East last opportunity to make a run before they are the TRACs doormat again.

Smallwood leaving Central from what I was told by insider trading (LOL) he got kicked off the team and he already lived in the East area so it was only fitting since the Grizzlies parted ways with him.

The three Bears kids want to win and it is not going to happen at Buchanan. Everyone is saying well why don't they go to North? Well them being a run heavy (but effective) no one wants to play in that if they don't have to and everyone is really not paying attention to what they have going on cause they honestly lost a lot of kids. Yes they return both backs but if I am not mistaken they graduated 4 lineman and all their Fullbacks and tight ends.

East is the hot spot but for how long? I give them one maybe two years at MAX. Look what happened to SJM when the well ran dry

Timmy Winn

Quote from: hardhitter23 on April 01, 2024, 12:13:33 PMIts the super team era. Players are going to go where they can win and have fun at the same time ride the wave. Buchanan is on a downfall but their overall success is still better than East. This is East last opportunity to make a run before they are the TRACs doormat again.

Smallwood leaving Central from what I was told by insider trading (LOL) he got kicked off the team and he already lived in the East area so it was only fitting since the Grizzlies parted ways with him.

The three Bears kids want to win and it is not going to happen at Buchanan. Everyone is saying well why don't they go to North? Well them being a run heavy (but effective) no one wants to play in that if they don't have to and everyone is really not paying attention to what they have going on cause they honestly lost a lot of kids. Yes they return both backs but if I am not mistaken they graduated 4 lineman and all their Fullbacks and tight ends.

East is the hot spot but for how long? I give them one maybe two years at MAX. Look what happened to SJM when the well ran dry

If Wilson stays I think CN might actually be better than they were last season. They'll miss Bitter but they've got some guys that will step in and be fine. The Cinfel's and Madsen are a tough core to build around.

CEJlo

Quote from: Timmy Winn on March 30, 2024, 06:56:56 PMGuys we've got the official statement from CE's Director of Recruiting, nothing to see here.
Quote from: anthilllegend on March 31, 2024, 07:43:08 AMThat's a lot of bravado being tossed around for a school that has only won 10 conference football games since 2009 (10-58). While the T-Wolves did finally achieve competitive relevance in 2023 (in football).  They are hardly an athletic pillar of the conference.  And, it's not like CE is piling up TRAC and Central Section titles in the other major sports (basketball and baseball).  Check the Anthill on this...but isn't badminton the T-wolves premiere sport.  Further more, it would be short-sided (if not blind) to think that the other 5 TRAC schools who have dominated CE for the last 15 years, do not focus on the same nine nurturing and admirable "bullet points" that CEJlo so proudly listed.  While the 9 bullet points are a great schematic/mission statement, they are hardly ground breaking characteristics amongst successful Clovis Unified or Central Unified programs. In closing, it was great to see the Timberwolves enter the fray once again (football) after a decade and a half absence.  Especially enjoyed their never give up/comeback effort against Clovis North (that fell just short).  But, greatness and tradition is built on repetitive success over a lengthy amount of time... not on a single recruiting class or close loss moral victories.  Maybe 2024 will be the beginning of the next Pack "Decade of Dominance."  It would be the Ants recommendation to get that first title under your belt....before you start rattling the lions cage.

The Anthilllegend

That's not Bravado, that is responding to negativity and false narratives with positivity and pride for your school and program. I am sorry if that is not what this site is for legendary ant. But thank you for your esteemed recommendation!

izne1home

Hardhitter's comments about kids transferring so they can have fun, win, and ride the wave, are accurate, but also sickening.

It was hard enough watching college football erode, but we are dealing with kids here.  More accurately, fathers of kids who want to have fun, win, and ride the wave, at the expense of their sons. 

The lessons we are teaching these young men are pitiful.  I might be in the minority, but if my kid ever came home with a notion to transfer to another school, he would have instantly regretted it.  Same with my father when I was coming up. 

It's alarming how quickly and comfortably we can embrace and justify insanity.

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on April 01, 2024, 01:01:38 PMIt's alarming how quickly and comfortably we can embrace and justify insanity.

I would say that its embracing instant gratification and false sense of accomplishment. It's teaching kids that when things get tough you just bail go look for the greener grass rather than take a hard look at yourself and see what you can do to improve.

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 01, 2024, 01:24:37 PMI would say that its embracing instant gratification and false sense of accomplishment. It's teaching kids that when things get tough you just bail go look for the greener grass rather than take a hard look at yourself and see what you can do to improve.

Exactly, and it appears to me that a lot of short-sighted fathers are more than willing to encourage their sons to bail out. 

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on April 01, 2024, 01:43:46 PMshort-sighted

this is exactly what it is... people do not see the repercussions of what they are conditioning kids to believe is proper behavior

Cristobal

Quote from: CEJlo on April 01, 2024, 12:48:39 PMThat's not Bravado, that is responding to negativity and false narratives with positivity and pride for your school and program. I am sorry if that is not what this site is for legendary ant. But thank you for your esteemed recommendation!

The problem is positivity and pride can not erase that facts that CE/SJM and others have embraced recruiting kids as part of their program makeup. Whether that means bringing on staff that has connections to bring kids in directly via transfer or using surrogates like the overzealous "dads" we talk about to setup the taxi squads.

I agree with everything Teddy and IZNE brought up also, its pretty simple stay home and if you are worth a woot you will be found.

izne1home

Quote from: TeddyKGB on April 01, 2024, 01:52:04 PMthis is exactly what it is... people do not see the repercussions of what they are conditioning kids to believe is proper behavior

No, but Dad can always go down to the basement and drink a beer with his 45-year-old twice-divorced out-of-work son and talk about that championship game...

TeddyKGB

Quote from: izne1home on April 01, 2024, 02:31:10 PMNo, but Dad can always go down to the basement and drink a beer with his 45-year-old twice-divorced out-of-work son and talk about that championship game...

where they can blame the bosses that fired him for being late, blame the ex-wives for not being understanding that he needed to play his video game with his friends on-line...blame his high school coach that he didn't get a scholarship because he didn't recognize how great of an 8th grade phenom he was

CWClassof2007

Quote from: Raw Dawg Sports on April 01, 2024, 10:35:20 AMOver the last decade who has the most wins in CUSD?  Central has to be the leader for wins in the TRAC.  But CE has to be the absolute bottom for wins in over the last decade?  My presumption for wins in by CUSD schools over the last 10 years would be, Buchanan, Clovis West, Clovis, Clovis North....................Clovis East?
Over the last 10 seasons, excluding the shortened spring 2021 covid season & adding in the 2013 season:

Clovis 70
Buchanan 68
Clovis North 66
Clovis West 49
Clovis East 33

Not super shocked by the bottom two but Clovis being at the top kind of surprises me. I assumed Buchanan was at the top with Clovis & North in the middle.

ThePack

Quote from: izne1home on April 01, 2024, 01:01:38 PMHardhitter's comments about kids transferring so they can have fun, win, and ride the wave, are accurate, but also sickening.

It was hard enough watching college football erode, but we are dealing with kids here.  More accurately, fathers of kids who want to have fun, win, and ride the wave, at the expense of their sons. 

The lessons we are teaching these young men are pitiful.  I might be in the minority, but if my kid ever came home with a notion to transfer to another school, he would have instantly regretted it.  Same with my father when I was coming up. 

It's alarming how quickly and comfortably we can embrace and justify insanity.

BINGO

anthilllegend

High school athletics (football and basketball specifically) have been pushing the envelope for sometime.  There have been those, who want to see high school sports follow the NIL/portal/unlimited free agency model trickle down into the inter-scholastic level.  We are treading on thin ice...where the values that have made playing games a consummate part of growing up, are soon to vanish.  In less than a 2 year window, the colleges have all but destroyed the /team based model in favor of a self centered/individual schematic.  And, it isn't hard to see how badly that is progressing.  Unlimited/unchecked movement of athletes invites a move toward "elite clubs" rather than young people playing games for school, community and with their friends.  The Anthill's athletic lineage runs deep and productive...from the country towns of Riverdale and Laton...too Tarpey Village and "The Big Red Machine" of McLane HS...too "The Bluffs" and the Emerald City and Clovis West.  Regardless of wins and losses, competency or lack there of in coaching or talent the level of rosters...we always represented the community we lived in. Not one transfer in almost 75 years of competition and in the end, it produced 3 scholarship football players.  It doesn't matter as much where you play....it's how you play, where you're at!

PS....it doesn't hurt to pass the "eyeball test" to some extent....or have a little film.

The Anthilllegend

Darth Backer

Quote from: CWClassof2007 on April 01, 2024, 05:23:14 PMOver the last 10 seasons, excluding the shortened spring 2021 covid season & adding in the 2013 season:

Clovis 70
Buchanan 68
Clovis North 66
Clovis West 49
Clovis East 33

Not super shocked by the bottom two but Clovis being at the top kind of surprises me. I assumed Buchanan was at the top with Clovis & North in the middle.

Those numbers are why I was so surprised by Hammonds firing... I thought they always played good enough defense under him to stay in most games.

ExCoach

Will any of these transfers backfire? I'm sure bridges are burnt at their old school. What happens if some of these players miss half or even all of their senior year?

There was the kid from Sunnyside last year who tried to transfer to SJM. I heard the transfer was rejected and he would have been a 365 sit out, so he went back to Sunnyside.

Some of these players are jumping into the "transfer portal" without realizing the possible consequences.

izne1home

As I recall, it almost cost Tee Shepherd a scholarship to Notre Dame.  He got bad advice from his entourage. 

Cristobal

Quote from: ExCoach on April 02, 2024, 11:42:34 AMWill any of these transfers backfire? I'm sure bridges are burnt at their old school. What happens if some of these players miss half or even all of their senior year?
There was the kid from Sunnyside last year who tried to transfer to SJM. I heard the transfer was rejected and he would have been a 365 sit out, so he went back to Sunnyside.
Some of these players are jumping into the "transfer portal" without realizing the possible consequences.

https://www.cifcshome.org/public-transfers

If you review "transfer portal" you will see that there isn't enough evidence to support any DENIED transfer except in the case of SJM. In the slim case they get denied or have a SOP (sit out period) they dont like they are fully eligible to go back to the home school. Most if not all D1 transfer are calculated and there is more of a grad transfer approach I would guess where they know they are going to be eligible and play right away. I have never seen so many "full family moves" in my life and in this economy lol. In short there are no real consequences anymore.

Cristobal